Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

4.1

Water, Polyethylene Glycol, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, R-Bacillus Licheniformis Keratinase, Calcium Alginate, Lactobacillus/ Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol.

The sales lady at Sephora demonstrated this product on my hand. I saw right before me how quickly this natural product dissolved dead skin cells. I mentioned to her that I am getting away from chemicals, so she highly recommended this product.
Since I have tried it on my scaly heals too to find it really works to remove the dead build up revealing new skin. I do think this is a bit pricey.
For years I have used Apricot scrub once a week to remove the dead skin but it obviously was not working like I thought it was. Oh, and there is no sting to your face when left on 3-5 minutes!

on 6/28/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have incredibly dry skin, and this winter has been one of my worst. Touching my forehead was like running your fingers against the direction of fish scales - yuck!
I knew I needed to exfoliate the dead surface skin, prior to using nourishing, moisturising products to bring my dehydrated skin back to life.
I bought this product because I prefer enzyme action for exfoliation, rather than abrasive, and sometimes sharp edged, mechanical exfoliation. It comes out of the tube in a semi-transparent gel, that you rub over clean, dry, skin. It can be rinsed off straight away, or left on for 5 minutes for a deeper exfoliation.
I left it on for the 5 minutes, and when I rinsed it off I could feel the difference, straight away! For my newly resurfaced skin, I gently applied Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase followed by Farm Stay Escargot Noblesse Intensive Cream. My skin is now soft, smooth and supple.
I wouldn't recommend using this product more than 2 - 3 times / week.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Wooooooa. Bad reviews are surprisingly baised on beautypedia, paula's choice, etc. I get the scientific facts presented on this product main ingredients -the enzymes and bacilli or whatever and the bird feather studies.... but I also believe eggbombs for hair work even though experts say the molecules are too big to peneterate the hair shaft, and other stuff science supposedly "debunked."
Well I suffer from dry flakey skin around my nose from hay fever and dry skin from constantly wiping and blowing my nose also scratching around my nose and cheeks. Which really sucks when trying to wear any makeup on my face because it just cakes and won't adhere right.
I bought this because Nicole Guerrero suggests it in her vlogs and totally love it for the exact reasons she said...flakey dead dull skin...it honestly works. I bought this after I got a facial and used it three days later because didn't want to traumatized or stress the skin after paying for a great invasive facial.. which is the rule... supposedly wait 72 hours before exfoliating again...and WOA...
I barely got ANY skin rolling which would be EXPECTED because I just had all my dead skin removed during the facial. BUT I used it the day I bought it on my boyfriend and his way effing disgusting so much skin rolled off and I used less product for him that I did later personally and he hadn't had a facial in like three years.
It's honestly is the best for getting the dry skin off my face and prepping for makeup. So no I don't think it's a gimmick the results are real for me I see it coming off (flakes, dead skin) and reveals new shiney bright skin. I got over taxed in my country and paid over 80 usd for it but overall happy I got it and wonder why so many review blogs dis it, when I have read alot of good reviews from actual people who actual bought it and used it instead of other people pulling up random studies about the ingredients and making baised reviews on information and studies not necessarily directed towards the actual company ingredients or product/results but a dramatic off inflated scientific thesis of the "key ingredient" they got from Wikipedia or the Internet.
Genuine great product that does what it claims,and I get great dramatic results of bright fresh dewy skin, that's soft and exfoliated....great for using right before masques,cream, and serums. My favorite is before applying makeup for flawless applications. Just a great beauty invention. Exfoliation and plumping bright complexion on both me and my bae after one use. I have freckles and after they were brighter and clearer further proof it actually peels away old dead skin. I'm sure with continuous use it would reduce fine lines and uneven skin tones or even mild skin problems like acne and pigmentation. I'm only a couple uses in but overwell happy and amazed. Will update and recommend for now.

Update
Have sensitive skin and can't over do it with exfoliations but it is so gentle and doesn't sting even using after a slight sunburn on my cheeks and nose which started peeling off.... which of course came off in big clumps and just left me with soft plump and Hydrated skin. Still red though. But Thankful I didn't walk around all week with my face peeling like a snake. Seriously works not just cellulose in it or whatever haters claim the fake "skin peeling" result is....
Omg can't believe how soft this makes my face and how it gets rid off nasty flakes and white heads that are close to the surface....no need to pop whiteheads any more the literally peel off my chin where I get the most.

on 5/1/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When you first apply the gel and start rubbing, you're not sure what's going on. You just see gummy rolls. Is it skin or is product (like those other fakes)? In the end, it doesn't matter because your face is so soft and smooth. Anyway, a lengthy face massage never hurt! You get benefits from that, too!

on 3/22/2016 1:12:00 PM

Excellent product and a great exfoliator! Thorough and gentle, leaves my skin beautifully polished with no irritation whatsoever.

There's some debate as to whether or not this product is just a big gimmick. It's definitely different, this isn't a scrub. No abrasive action at all. You apply the gel to cleansed, dry skin and begin to massage it in a circular motion. It's not sticky at all, but soon it starts to "pill" up all over the place. Are those bits of exfoliated skin? Or is it just the product balling up on itself? Based on how my skin looks and feels afterward, there is definitely some serious exfoliation going on. It only takes a couple of minutes. Then you just rinse everything off with water and that's it. No dry, tight feeling afterward either.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive. I like Peter Thomas Roth, and I was curious about this product for a long time before I finally tried it. I am impressed! Would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pardon my language, but I dont give a rat's a$$ whether it's skin or "cellulose" balling up, or whatever mystical chemical reactions are happening. All I know is when I use this product on my face, it feels UH-MAZ-ING. Because of chemotherapeutic strength steroids administered to me, my skin is tissue paper thin and very fragile. This product is not harsh, yet exfoliates my skin beautifully. I mainly use this product to counteract the "peel-y" skin caused by Retin-A. Unlike a mask, i don't have to wait a certain length of time for it to work. Spread it on, rub it in, wash it off, and have exfoliated, soft skin! I lovingly nursed my deluxe sample to the bitter end, so I'm saving up to get this magical product.

on 12/9/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing --- weird --- but amazing. I can only use this once or twice a week, but it truly removes dead skin. It balls up and it's weird to think that this is my skin coming off, but it leaves my skin smoother and brighter after each use. I like to use a serum and slather on a nice moisturizer overnight mask after using this exfoliator because then I feel like my skin is getting all the good stuff it needs. I purchased a deluxe sample size at Ulta for $9 awhile back. I haven't seen them since. $48 is pretty steep for the full size -- but honestly -- it will last forever!

on 12/9/2015 11:17:00 AM

In my opinion this works as it says it does. I used it on my face and people noticed how good my skin looked. I used it on my bumpy upper arms and a ton of dead skin came off. On my arms it balled up into big clumps and trying it on my upper arms again a few days later, it hardly balled up. My arms were smoother for months.

on 8/15/2015 8:22:00 PM

I didn't really understand how this was a peeling gel, but it works. Initially, I had thought, this is such a gimmick - there's got to be something in the gel that balls up as you massage it into your skin! But as you use it over time, you won't get the balls anymore because you're slowly removing all the dead skin. It's good for resurfacing, but I didn't find that it was any better than say, an exfoliator. I didn't notice my skin looking better or feeling better. It did sting a little each and every single time I used it, but that's to be expected because you're basically scraping your skin. This would be excellent if you don't have patience for a mask as this took like 2 minutes from start to finish. For myself, I'd rather use an exfoliator and a mud mask, especially if it produces better results.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used a sample of this and fell in love. I've had these very dark, dry patches on my cheek areas after being overzealous with a Clarisonic a few years ago. It was starting to give me a complex. After the first time I tried this, I saw results. It broke up the darkness and made the area supple. I used the last of my sample today and it looks like the dark patches have been broken up even more. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft for longer than any other product I've tried. It keeps the oiliness away. I know Beautypedia says this product is average and usually I agree with them but they got it wrong on this one. I know that product aka skin balling up is gimmicky and kind of false advertisement, but this stuff works! I will definitely be buying it regardless of the expensive price tag.

Popular Treatments (Face)