Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

4.1

Water, Polyethylene Glycol, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, R-Bacillus Licheniformis Keratinase, Calcium Alginate, Lactobacillus/ Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol.

on 9/8/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This peeling gel is BONKERS GOOD! At first I didn't think it was doing much and was sort of puzzled by it, but it left my face so soft that I am only left thinking that it must be magical. It also gets bonus points for not irritating my skin like physical and chemical exfoliators. Will buy again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very excited to try this product based on the sample I received at the store.

I used it for a week straight, every other day as suggested, and after the first two times, it didn't really deliver any peeling as expected.

I was very happy after the first use, applying to clean, damp skin, and watching all the dead skin roll right off, but after one or two uses, it is useless!

I will continue to use my Boscia product that delivers the same thing, for a cheaper price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Note: I am a sucker for all things Peter Thomas Roth. I have nearly every product he makes. I'm not sure this product works since I don't use it regularly, but maybe it does since it kind of balls off, so my skin is getting some exfoliating at the worst. Other MUA reviewers think this peeling gel is gimmicky. That might be true.

on 2/16/2017 10:55:00 AM

I must admit I was skeptical about this product. I read a lot of reviews, then when I was in Sephora waiting for my daughter to check out, I saw the tube and used it on my hand, and immediately saw a difference. I bought a tube, used it, and OMG this does work. So I had washed my face well, applied this, let it set for a bit, then rubbed if off with the circular motions over my sink. It did remove dead skin! This is not a scam product. The bits rubbed off had color, the tint of skin. I highly recommend this product, will not be without it. I did a moisturizing mask afterwards since by since was so fresh and receptive. This is just so awesome and does not scratch the heck out of your face and it not drying at all. Other reviewers have used it on their hands and feet, but I'm not going to waste it on them! Pricey but worth it!

on 2/28/2017 9:05:00 PM

I'll admit it: I bought into the novelty of this item. And? My skin is the better for it!

Lately I've been getting small bumps along the jaw line and one GIANT cyst on my cheek. Not pretty. I had heard of this peel somewhere, can't recall where, and decided to give it a shot about four weeks ago.

Applied to dry skin this stuff feels like cetaphil mixed with something gritty, nothing sharp or anything, and spreads pretty easy across the face. After 1 treatment I was hooked. After 8? Hopelessly devoted.

It has no smell that I can really detect which is great. I personally prefer doing a very thorough facial message with this product- really work it in and boost circulation as well- and it kind of dissipates or rather rolls into a thousand tiny balls the more you rub. Besides the tiny flesh trapping balls it never feels like I have to wash anything off my face, which is great, but my skin is always more luminous after using this stuff.

I was originally using it every other day but, as I'm also using Stridex, it was really drying me out! So after one day of angry red skin I decided to make this a Sunday, Wednesday treat for myself.

This product is pretty awesome and for me it's a 10/10!!!!

I am on my third bottle of PTR peeling gel. I have to say, I can't do without it! It is an amazing product. I use this every morning and my skin appears firmer, younger and much smoother.

The product comes in a fairly large squeeze tube, and is priced at $60 cad at Sephora. It is a gel substance, which I massage onto the dry skin of my neck and face, and then wash off with a moist facecloth. I am 48 years old, and my skin looks better than it did in my 30s!

No acne breakouts, but unfortunately not much change in the way of pores. I have oily combination skin for reference.

The balls of skin that come off are a little gross, but it's well worth it! I would recommend this product wholeheartedly. BTW: ELF has a very similar gentle peeling cream that works as well, but it's only $10. If you don't want to spring for the pricier PTR product, I would try that first, and see how it makes your skin feel!

on 10/9/2016 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PTR FirmX Peeling Gel is a gommage-type exfoliant, so it is a super gentle, physical and chemical exfoliant. I have sensitive, extremely dry, and dehydrated skin. This means it's crucial for me to exfoliate at least 3 times a week to remove the dry, flaky skin, but I have to be careful not to over exfoliate, since my sensitive skin can easily become irritated. Gommage-type exfoliants can be a godsend - or a big disappointment.

The PTR FirmX Peeling Gel is, without a doubt, the best gommage-type mask I have ever used. PTR claims it "effectively peels and helps uncover a smooth, fresh, new complexion without drying, irritating, or causing undue stress to skin". I completely agree with these claims. My skin looks radiant and smooth, and I find my serum & moisturizer absorb better, and my makeup goes on and looks better after using this peeling gel. It has never irritated my sensitive skin or caused any breakouts. It would be suitable for all skin types. My only complaint is the $60CDN price tag for the 100ml tube. A less expensive alternative is the Boscia Peeling Gel at $42CDN for the 150ml bottle. I don't find it's as effective as PTR FirmX, but it's a decent second choice at about half the price. I have repurchased the PTR FirmX Peeling Gel twice, regardless of the price because it's THAT good.

The sales lady at Sephora demonstrated this product on my hand. I saw right before me how quickly this natural product dissolved dead skin cells. I mentioned to her that I am getting away from chemicals, so she highly recommended this product.
Since I have tried it on my scaly heals too to find it really works to remove the dead build up revealing new skin. I do think this is a bit pricey.
For years I have used Apricot scrub once a week to remove the dead skin but it obviously was not working like I thought it was. Oh, and there is no sting to your face when left on 3-5 minutes!

on 11/29/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this product hoping it would remove my dry flaking skin from Retinol use.
I found it easy to use, and my skin did feel immediately smooth afterwards;, however, a couple of days later my skin feels like it has had a chemical burn. Especially around my chin area, (like orange peel texture.) I then have to use lots of heavy duty moisturisers to fix my damaged skin.
This has happened every time i have used this product, so i will not use again.
I do not believe it is dead skin rolling around, as some reviewers have stated, as lots of this gimmicky products are on the market.
As reference, i have normal to dry skin, and my skin can handle some pretty harsh products, just not this one.
i now use it on my legs before exfoliating, and i have found a product that really does exfoliate my flaky patches Dermalogica's daily microfoliant.

on 11/30/2016 8:37:00 PM

A gimmick? Maybe. Skincaretainment? Heck yeah. I love seeing those little nasties balling up right beneath my fingers. And it's even more entertaining rubbing them until they're so dry they just fall right off my face on their own. Welcome to the world where it's possible that dead skin cells rain off my face.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how this product works at all. I tried it out by covering my hand with plastic and then rubbing it between my plastic-covered fingers. It didn't ball up as quickly, if it even balled up at all. The plastic wrap was getting too wrinkly to tell so I just gave up and lost interest.

But you can already tell upon the first use that the gel is not all pure gel, it has little specks in it, which could be whatever is balling up. My very unscientific and untrustworthy theory is that your skin absorbs the moisture from the gel and leaves behind the little white specks to cohere together, which forms a skin-like solid to physically exfoliate your face by adhering to your loose skin cells and letting them join in on the good ol' clumping party. BAM! Slight moisturizing and exfoliating in one! That would explain the smoothness I experience afterwards.

Whatever it is, I don't think it does absolutely nothing, judging on how smooth my skin is afterwards, and how effectively it pulled off my flaking skin cells that had lost their personal battles against the winter cold and tea tree oil. But I don't think it magically peels off a layer of skin too.

I wouldn't buy it again because it is ridiculously expensive, but I also don't feel guilty about buying it in the first place. After a long day, sometimes you just gotta sit down with your friendly neighborhood Peter gel and pamper yourself with a nice face massage. On that note though, I don't think even importing the famous Cure Aqua Gel (which probably inspired this entire peeling-skin-gel thing to take off) would be more expensive than this. e.l.f. just came out with a peeling gel at the beautiful price tag of $10, so I would suggest you give that a whirl before trying this one.

I would not suggest this for sensitive skin or people who are already exfoliating lots in their week.