L'Oreal Colour Riche in Ballerina Shoes

L'Oreal Colour Riche in Ballerina Shoes

2.8

Ballerina Shoes is a pretty baby pink with silvery glitter.

It should have a disclaimer on the packaging that due to its cool undertones, it's better suited for fair skin. It has a lot of shimmer, so if your lips are darker it may look extra frosty because the baby pink is less noticeable which draws attention to the glitter. But I personally never found the frost to be overwhelming. The wear is average for a drugstore lipstick, and it's creamy and doesn't cake in the lines on my lips. The pink color is so soft, yet the glitter in it brightens my lips up and makes my skin look so radiant and awake!! In the tube it's peachy but on my lips it's a pure baby pink. Unfortunately I carried this in my purse a hot summer day so the formula broke. This is why it gets 4 stars instead of 5. I am going to try other baby pinks so I won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I just love everything about ballerina shoes, the color, the way it feels on my lips, it's the perfect cool shade of pink for summer. I do line and fill in my lips before application to keep it in place and looking its best. I do apply often throughout the day. I'm nearly done with my first tube and purchased another so as not to run out. It has become my everyday shade, especially love it in the warmer months. The L'Oréal Color Riche lipsticks are my favorite drugstore find.

on 2/5/2014 5:30:00 PM

I was first attracted to this when I found it about a year plus ago on the display rack at my local drugstore. Being a light pink frost lipstick shade junkie, I decided to take the plunge and buy it. Well, expecting a more opaque pinky frost, I was slightly dismayed to find that this potentially beloved shade delivered a light pink with minimal frost, coupled with a glossy finish. This was much more sheer than I had expected, but not a bad color at all. I am somewhat surprised at the low ratings this shade has received, but it's really not too bad, but would recommend for lighter skins. I went ahead and bought a few more of these, as I have noticed that this color has been discontinued in some of my local drugstores. May be an acquired taste for some, but overall, I still really like this. Took off a single lippie due to the sheer nature of this product.

on 2/14/2014 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Ballerina shoes is a pale shimmery peach-pink lipstick. It goes on smoothly and last fairly long with a lip liner. Verry nice color for summer! Love it!

I've never been much of a lipstick person because it's always been a hassle to find the right color, so I've just never dealt with all of that.
Today, I decided to give lipstick another go because I want to do something different with my makeup.
I saw Ballerina Shoes and figured "Why not? I have nail polish with the same name and love it."
The color on display appeared to be great also.
I tried this product today and absolutely hated it.
The lipstick feels extremely dry, creates lines on my lips, has too much shimmer, smells terrible, and the color is pretty ugly, overall.
I can't stand it and will most likely just throw it away.
I also got Maybeline Color stain today and I absolutely love it. I will just stick to Maybeline for lipstick.

Unfortunately, the color of the lipstick when you roll it up from the tube is not the same color as it appears on your lips. It is a cool pink which is VERY sheer and frosty, so you can't really see any pink. I have neutral undertones, but this made me look sickly.

I also dislike the tab that sticks up into the lid--you have to make sure the lid is the right orientation before you can snap it on. This is a bit inconvenient (though clearly not the end of the world if the lipstick had been good).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade description: frosty baby pink

Pros

- creamy
- pigmented

Cons

- frosty
- scent

Comments: This is a new one and a bad one. It's very frosty. What more can I say about it? It has that typical smell that all the Colour Riche lipsticks have, which I hate. The colors usually make up for it, but not this one. It just wasn't flattering at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

An extremely frosty pink that would've been quite pretty if it hadn't been so very, very frosty. It also leaves behind a lot of... shimmer? after I tried to wipe it off when I saw it in the mirror and has a gross lipsticky smell which I guess is normal for the brand. Very 80s and not very flattering on me, so it's going back.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved the name & color of this lipstick in the tube, and on the model on the picture! When I got it home and tried it on it was a whole different story.

Pros:
-really creamy
-moisturizing (like a lip balm)
-nice packaging

Cons:
-smell (that, borrowing your mothers lipstick 20 years ago, smell) it just bothers me
-highly frosty, probably too frosty for most people
-shimmer lingers after lipstick fades

I honestly wanted to love this lipstick. I have been on the hunt for the perfect pale/light pink lipstick and really thought this was it but could NOT look past how frosty this was! Just not flattering :( guess the hunt goes on....

on 7/6/2013 4:27:00 AM

i have just got this color this week n i am in love
the color by itself is not for everyone
but everyone could use it as a lip highlighter!
just in the middle of your lips on top of any other lipstick to make them pop n look bigger n nicer

N personally i can rock it by itself for the summer

the formula is nice n creamy n it lasts for a good time n when it fades it fades evenly
the smell is okay i am not a fan but it doesnt put me off wearing it