Serious Skin Care HydraPixel

No Image

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product! I wear it as a foundation when I don't want to pile on the makeup. It feels amazing on, Like it turns into liquid silk on your face. Covers well enough and does I don't know what while you wear it, Whatever it is your skin feels better for it. Give it a try. I think it's much better than the tinted moisturizers out now.

on 6/16/2013 5:31:00 PM

HydraPixel (labeled "micro hydrating pixelated skin match) has been around for several years, and I was surprised to see no reviews on MUA. To me, this was the first of the BB or CC type creams. Although it has a slight beige color, you really don't notice any color when it's applied to your face. As far as I can tell, it simply adjusts to all skin tones. I wear it in the winter (it helps moisturize) as well as in the summer when I'm more tan. When my skin is looking good, it makes it look better, and I don't even wear a tinted moisturizer over it. And if I have a spot that I want to cover, I just use a dab of Merle Norman's mineral makeup on it and blend. It definitely won't substitute for makeup or for coverage if that's what you're looking for (although SSC does make one with more color/coverage; I just don't like it as well). It can be used as a primer under foundation, which makes the foundation apply more smoothly. And if you have good skin and just want to even out your skin tone or camouflage pores, I really recommend this.