Etro Rajasthan

No Image

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a warm, spicy fragrance that is marvelous in its restraint. When you think of a spicy oriental perfume, typically wildly exuberant scents come to mind. Certainly when you look at Rajasthan's bottle, you expect a certain vividness. The bold paisley print calls out for a vivacious fragrance, but it is a mismatch. That aside, I really like Rajasthan. It opens with almond and rose edged with a hint of pink pepper. It is initially a bit powdery but that dampens with wear. The drydown comes out very slowly and in tiny stages. Each stage reveals a little bit more amber, a little more musk. Ultimately, you wind up with a smooth, mildly spiced amber and musk concoction that is both alluring and soothing. Really, my only complaints revolve around the packaging. The Etro bottles only come in 100 ml sizes, which is just kind of ridiculous when you have a lot of perfume. I prefer to buy 50 ml or less. Second, as lovely as the bottle looks, it's not very well made. I've had it for about 6 months and the front label has developed dark patches, presumably from the adhesive. That's a touch disappointing, but not enough to dampen my enjoyment of the perfume itself, which is excellent.

on 9/14/2015 8:07:00 PM

Lovely bottle. Equally lovely fragrance, a little longer lasting than other Etro fragrances. I received it as a gift however, I would not have purchased it. A tad too powdery for me.

on 6/16/2013 3:57:00 AM

Etro Rajasthan was released in March in the most beautiful paisley bottle with orange, purple and other lively colours. As far as I understand, the fragrance itself wishes to create an air of lively exoticism with its spices and references to India. I, on the other hand, think that the vivid imagery Etro Rajasthan creates could belong to anywhere in the world; an anonymous holiday resort for well-off people in Europe, the US or wherever. Definitely quality, but not unforgettably special.

The first time I sampled it, I was attracted to the strong blast of pink pepper on a soft and happy background of musk and amber, creating something like a sweet, orangey impression. My second experience, however, gave me a more balanced, rounded, softened experience - albeit not as interesting or unique. I get mostly pink pepper, musk and the basenotes (amber and musk creating a generic impression somehow). The heart is composed of amicable yellow flowers. Mimosa is my favourite floral note in perfume but here, it's rather a soft shadow of its beautiful self- at least on my skin. The fragrance has medium sillage and lasts around 4 hours on my skin.

It's a casual, pleasant, semi-sweet scent, perhaps a slightly grown-up version of drugstore pleasure (I guess it's the musk giving that impression). I sometimes like matching fragrances with clothes; and when I think of Etro Rahasthan, I think of casual urban chic with jeans, a t-shirt and leather sandals. Not very unique, especiallyu for this price range. 3.5

Popular Fragrances