Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink Cognito

2.7

on 11/10/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Reading the reviews of this lipcolor I was expecting a no color, sparkly, somewhat moisturizing but not quite a gloss stick. Instead, on my reddish, pinkish pigmented lips I got a beige, frosted, not at all shiny or moisturizing, ugly and surprisingly more opaque than any other "sheer" lipcolor from Revlon, blob on my lips. Total fail for me, I will be returning it.

on 8/27/2016 4:46:00 AM

This is the perfect "beginners lipstick" as it's really more of a tinted gloss. I'm very pale and it definitely shows as a soft nude pink on my lips. Not too bright pink nor too brown nude, it's the perfect in-between MLBB shade. A nice sheen to it but obviously won't last through eating & drinking. I don't notice any smell or glitter. It goes on very smoothly, perhaps a tad greasy. It gives you the polished "done" look but without looking obviously made up. Can be easily reapplied without a mirror which seems lucky as it doesn't last very long! I would recommend it to teenagers or those looking for a quick & easy polished lip look.

on 6/2/2016 9:59:00 PM

First off, I have really pale lips (and an NC20 complexion), and I have a thing for MLBB lipsticks. This one definitely fits the latter, and due to my pale lips it shows up nicely. It's definitely sheer and shimmery (there are even a few super-fine sparkles in there, which I notice most when I swatch it on my hand), and swatched on my hand the color is barely there, but it is a nice pink that leans a bit nude. It's not milky or chalky at all, which I love. It's a shiny formula, too, so it's not super long lasting, but it feels comfortable. For me, it's a great addition to my already substantial collection of pinky-nude sheer lipsticks. There's no scent or flavor with this either.
But ... I don't see myself buying this again for one reason: My lips tends to feel drier after wearing this. It's gorgeous, feels good, etc., but once it wears off and there's mainly shimmer and tiny sparkles left behind, it doesn't feel the most comfortable on my lips. That's just a personal thing for me, as glitter isn't my favorite texture in a lip product, and even though I don't notice it when I apply it fresh since it's really fine, it is more noticeable as it wears down, and I don't care for that discomfort.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, this lipstick is very sheer, so if you're buying this expecting a full-on opaque lipstick, you're gonna have a bad time. That being said, I love this lipstick. Worn alone, it's a sheer,slightly shimmery pink that looks really soft and natural while still being polished. It doesn't compete with eyes or cheeks, and it stays better than a lipgloss or Chapstick. Worn over other lip colors, it softens them and warms them up a bit while adding a soft sheen. As someone who is rather pale, it can be hard to wear some lip colors because they're slightly too dark, or brown, or just too strong. This lipstick knocks them back just enough to make them wearable so that they work with my coloring. The formula isn't exactly hydrating, but it's not drying. It can sink into dry lip lines, but only if lips are really in need of exfoliation. It wears a good few hours on me, especially if I wear it over something long wearing.overall I'd say its pretty great.

on 2/6/2016 1:18:00 PM

I actually really like this shade. This lipstick is very sheer so if you have pigmented lips I can see why you might totally hate this one!

I am very fair (nc5-nc10) and my lips are just as pale so I get a very nice amount of color out of this lipstick still. It really just wakes up my face without looking like im trying too hard. Its moisturizing and adds a nice shine too. I really ilke this..mlbb kind of shade, something you can put on without even using a mirror!

I think the the name for this 'pink cognito' is perfect, it totally describes this lipstick very well haha. I think that they could improve this one though, add just a bit more pigmentation but still keep it in the sheer-light coverage range.

Pros
-mlbb pink shade
-moisturizing
-best suited for pale lips

cons
-could have a tad more pigmentation

on 7/9/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand why revlon created this lipstick. It's nothing but shine. It looks beautiful in the package but there's NO PIGMENT. Don't waste your money on something that gives the same results as a Chapstick.

This color sucks so bad. I may as well wear Chapstick. The color in the tube is deceiving. I thought it would be a beautiful nude pink and there's literally no pigmentation. I'm going to try to make it work just bc I've returned so many items to Walgreens now that it's getting embarrassing at this point lol. I saw another recommendation to layer it on top of something else so I'm going to try that, but overall this lipstick is not worth the $9 that I spent for it and would not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, I "get" the general low-ratings on this. It is not a heavily-pigmented lipstick.

However..I am of the thinking sometimes things work best "with" something else, and to me, this is a great item to "accent" something else or pair with something else.

It is great to use alone say if you are making a quick trip to the grocery store and just want 'something' on. This is definitely more along the lines of a "MLBB" shade, and likely only best for those with very fair skin or those who want to take the pigmentation down a level, for whatever reason.

That said, I see me pairing this with many things, like a various lipgloss or lip liner, using this to tone down something, adding this to something too matte but still in the same color family (this surprisingly feels very moisturizing to me). Just a nice addition I think to "pair" with something, or possibly to use in the center of the lip to dab with a compatible color to give that 'pout' look or the look of larger lips.

So while no, this is not a hugely, highly pigmented lipstick, I see this as being very versatile and many possibilities. I likely won't wear it on it's own unless as I said simple days where you get unexpected visitors and just want to throw something on and not look 'done' up. But this definitely has it's place in my arsenal of lip products. It is a flattering shade, light though it is. I am NC20 and very rarely tan these days.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I typically like Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks but I only ever bought matte or cream shades. Pink Cognito is my first shine formula. Well, it sucks. I was looking for a comparable shade to L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude. I hate the scent of Colour Riche so I figure I try to dupe it with Revlon. From looking at the tubes, Pink Cognito was the closest match in color out of the whole Revlon S.L line. For the record, it isn't a dupe. Pink Cognito is VERY sheer and it has shimmer in it. It is a pinky nude though. If you have pigmented lips like me, you'll have to go around and around and around to pack on color. You could go around for five minutes and you still wouldn't build any pigment. Maybelline's Baby Lips have more pigment than this Revlon Shine formula. Too bad because their cream and matte shades have super duper pigment. Also, if you are thinking this might have the same formula as MAC Lustre's, you will be mistaken! The Revlon Shine formula totally dried out my lips. I'm forced to give this one lippie which it doesn't even deserve!

on 12/12/2014 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This lipstick is a your-lip-color-but-better product for me. It's almost a lipstick gloss hybrid and keep the lips moisturized. I keep this in my bag for a quick swipe of color. It's really lovely, it's beige-y sheer pink with an ever so slight pinkish gold (a rose gold?) shimmer/micro glitter, which was the selling part for me since I feel that screams high end. the shimmer is more light catching and not in your face frost or glitter. I would buy again. This is also awesome on top of cream nudes or baby pinks (note it will change the baby pink in color to a more beige-y pink).