Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

3.2

Aqua, Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like using this product when I feel a little lazy. I only took a lippie off because the scent is not my favourite, but still pleasant. It feels lightweight out of the shower and non sticky and there is no feeling of residue. It takes seconds to apply and works the same way on my skin the way a lotion does without the hassle of rubbing it in.

on 11/29/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yas!! What a great idea. I definitely thought this was a little gimmicky when I first heard about this product, but boy was I wrong. I've fallen head over heels in love with this in shower body lotion. I purchased the Cocoa version since my skin is always parched. It smells amazing! I wash my body then apply a decent sized amount of this everywhere. Let it almost soak for about 2 minutes then rinse it off. I despise getting out of the shower and applying lotion. This solves that problem. It moisturizes well. I'm so happy with it. The only con was I went through it pretty fast- about two weeks. But since it's that amazing it doesn't bother me too much. Overall I think everyone should try this in shower body lotion. It's life changing. I do wonder how other brands compare.

on 11/27/2016 2:52:00 PM

I got a sample of Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Cocoa Butter. I don't remember where I got it from (probably CVS?), but it smelled heavenly and sunk right into my skin, as advertised. I have KP and the size of the bumps are usually a giveaway for how well a product moisturized my skin and I can say that they definitely were smaller for some time after the shower, which means that the body lotion worked! I can't say how this product would fare long term but I have had a positive experience with the sample.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use the formula for Very Dry Skin, and it seems to work out well for me. I wouldn't say that there's anything over the top amazing about it, but it definitely doesn't hurt, which in my book is a plus! It doesn't clog my pores, it doesn't have an overbearing scent, and if I accidentally use too much, it washes off easily with a little soap.
I really started using it as I started to work out more to try and boost the elasticity of my skin so I wouldn't get as many stretch marks. Using it for that purpose works for me to an extent, at least enough for me to notice the difference, and for that, I would gladly repurchase this product.
Side note: Be very careful with this product, as it does tend to make the shower floor slippery!

on 10/28/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Cocoa Butter version, which is labeled as for dry to very dry skin. This product didnt work for me and I tossed it after two uses. I would not repurchase.

Pros:
- It's an interesting idea. I don't like the sticky feel of lotion on my skin after a shower and how long it takes to sink in. This product doesnt leave a sticky residue. You apply it in the shower and then rinse off.
- Nice scent. It's a mix of the traditional Nivea scent, with a bit more of a powdery scent and some cocoa butter.

Cons:
- The main reason I tossed this after two uses is that it caused a breakout on my chest and arms. Having really dry skin my entire life, I have never experienced this. I'm not entirely sure what ingredient caused the breakout. I've never had an issue with Nivea products or with cocoa butter. I accidentally got some of the product on my jaw and had a huge breakout which took a month to calm down.
- The cocoa butter version is for dry to very dry skin. However, it's not moisturizing enough for truly dry skin. I didnt have any reactions on my legs. However, at the same time this wasnt moisturizing enough there.

- It can make your shower very slippery. This didnt bother me and there is a warning on the bottle, but thought I should note it.

Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Nonfat Dry Milk, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

Price: Approx. $5.99 USD at Target for 13.5 oz.

on 10/22/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This review is for the in-shower moisturizer with almond oil. I've used it twice and I'm fairly certain I will never finish the bottle. It's odd that it is advertised as "no sticky feel" because that's exactly how it feels to me. My skin doesn't feel soft and smooth but coated in something heavy and sticky. I don't feel clean when I get out of the shower and by the end of the day I feel like my skin has attracted and held on to dirt. The worst part of the product is the packaging. The bottle is slightly rounded on top and it sits on the bottom, which is the flip-top lid. So, when you're applying this, if you want to set the bottle down, you have to close the lid. The natural thing for me would be to leave the bottle open, turn it upside down (lid side up) and stand it on its top -- but the top is rounded, so the bottle falls over. During the course of application, the only option for setting the bottle down is to close the lid, set the bottle down, then when you're ready to apply more, re-open the bottle. It's nearly impossible to do if you have the product on your hands because it makes holding onto the bottle nearly impossible. It amazes me to think that more than one person thought the packaging was a good idea. Will definitely never repurchase.

on 8/31/2016 11:02:00 AM

I was so excited to try Nivea In Shower Body Lotion. Then, I was so disappointed! First of all the container it is in, is useless. You have to try to squeezed this thick lotion out of a very unfriendly container while your hands and body are dripping wet! It needed to be in a pump! It did not moisturize my skin, and I had to add my own regular body lotion! Come on Nivea. You need to revamp this product completely, or take it off the market! Please don't waste your money purchasing this product.

on 8/12/2016 9:49:00 PM

I love this stuff. It really works in that your skin feels soft all day if you use this at the end of your shower. It takes a few tries to get used to using it & not wasting it, as I did in the beginning. I rinse, shut the water off and then apply to arms, neck down to my legs, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse it off. The trick is not to rinse too much or you will lose the benefit of the lotion, then when you get out of the shower, pat, don't rub your skin to keep it on. Be very careful when you are rinsing the product off as it is slippery! The directions say don't put it on the soles of your feet & I agree, because you can slip and fall if you're not careful. You need about a quarter size product for each extremity. My skin stays soft all day and it's awesome. I tried the Soap & Glory in shower moisturizer but Nivea brand is much much better. A lippie off for the price as its alittle expensive, but I have bought this as a BOGO or buy one get 50% off which is ok. Another off as I feel they could have a better way to dispense it because you have to store it upside down. But for now in the summer wearing shorts and after the beach, this product is great and does what it says it does.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I get the new shea butter one, and in the past I've gotten the one for extra dry skin. I love it. I put it on towards the end of my shower, rinse and get out. My skin feels moisturized and soft. I love it. Great alternative to the very expensive lush skin conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

First, I feel I should note that I don't rinse this product off.

I like this because I've always been told it's best to moisturize your skin when it's damp. However, I could never do it. No matter how I changed the water temperature or used different oils, lotions, and creams, my skin would always come out itchy. I don't have that problem with this product at all.

I've used both the normal skin and dry skin (cocoa butter) version and I like both.