Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

3.2

Aqua, Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral.

I thought this was such a great idea! I hate putting on lotion after the shower, and tend to have dry skin in the winter. Sadly, it did nothing for my dry skin. Like, zero. No change. Not wanting to waste it, I thought I would use it as a shaving lotion. No dice - it gummed up the razor! I tried, it failed.

on 6/27/2016 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I bought this product because it won this Allure award. However, it did not hydrate my skin. All it did was make my skin feel like rubber. If you want your skin to feel like rubber after a shower, this is your go to product. I will not be purchasing this again.

To Read all 136 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Nivea products, but this one disappointed me. It smells great and makes your skin feel smooth in the shower. BUT once my skin was dry it was as though I never even used the product. In all honesty just use body lotion.

on 5/20/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

In short: I normally use moisturizer after showering, all year round, because I have slightly dry skin, and I want to keep it smooth and non-flaky/comfortable. This just didn't give me enough moisture + it coated my shower and made the floor slippery. I'd rather use Nivea's body lotion from the same line - it absorbs fast anyway, and actually moisturizes my skin well

on 5/20/2016 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love Nivea and the Nivea scent is my favorite, but unfortunately this one didn't work for me. I have it in the "very dry" formula and right out of the shower, it leaves a sticky residue on the skin. It eventually gets less sticky, but it doesn't really leave me moisturized. The idea is great because it's so easy to apply this but a body lotion is still a must for me if I'm gonna be moisturized. Might work for skin that isn't dry to begin with. But for me, it's a flop. I only gave it an extra lippie because it smells divine.

on 4/23/2016 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVED this product when I first purchased it -- it gave you just enough moisture to keep your skin balanced (without feeling greasy) and I adored the idea of using it in the shower and rinsing it off (I've always hated the greasy film regular body lotions leave on your skin, especially in the hot months). All seemed good, and I thought I had found a great new product. However, after about a couple weeks of use, I noticed that I was beginning to get little pimples/clogged pores (hard deposits) all around the areas I used the product (I only used it on my arms and legs) -- it was especially bad around my elbows and knees. Needless to stay, I stopped using it and new pimples stopped forming. But I'm STILL trying to deal with getting rid of the ones it already gave me (I had to dig them all out with a needle, so now I fear scarring too :( ). Also of note, if you use this product on your feet, it makes things VERY slippery in the tub (almost fell a few times -- thankfully, I was holding on for dear life). Mainly due to this product being VERY comedogenic (or possibly not hypo-allergenic?) I will NOT use this ever again. You couldn't pay me. Buyer beware.

I have this in the COCOA BUTTER formula. I yelled that because it smells amazing, NOT like the original formula of this product..which, I mean, if you do love it then go ham with it! Just the cocoa butter one smells really good. I think I had a sample once of this product and I really did not like it at first. I was like "lol wat? No." and had no desire to venture back to an in shower moisturizer. I started using the Jergens after shower moisturizer, which, lemmie tell you; is so good! But, I had seen this one on sale and like the smell, so decided to try it. It did say that it can coat surfaces and make them slippery, so I did have thoughts of me slipping and flopping around my shower like the Little Mermaid and/or being found by paramedics in a criminal minds-esq shower scene, but I'm happy to report that I have no slip nor slide action happening. My only issue is the bottle. It seems so odd to grab on to in the shower and maybe a pump would be better..but like, a fancy pump. Not one of those super long necked pumps (I imagine that would equally be a disaster in the shower)..also, I use a stupid amount of this when I'm in the shower. Like, if this was the equivalent to makin it rain with money in the club, that's me in the shower with this lotion. I will totally buy this again - it is so perfect for when you're beyond the point of lazy and can no longer be bothered to put lotion on after the shower!

on 4/7/2016 9:29:00 PM

Love this i use it in the shower every night and love how it moisturizers my skin and keeps it hydrated gone though bottles of this cant live without it.

on 3/31/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ugh..this stuff STINKS..literally. It smells like moth balls but worse. Who wants to smell like that frrsh out of the shower ? Not me!!! Throwing it away.

on 3/27/2016 8:34:00 PM

So I think this may help people who don't have dry skin; now that I'm thinking about it this was recommended to me by someone with oily skin that claims to have dry winter skin. If you have a true dry skin stay away. I gave it a true test and this has dried my skin out so much (even though I bought the version for "very dry" skin) that I'm going to need to give my skin some TLC for a while to get it back to normal. I have normal-to-dry skin and my skin has become so dry and flaky, parts are even irritated by this. Not worth it at all in my opinion.