Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

3.2

Aqua, Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral.

on 6/18/2017 4:06:00 PM

Love this stuff. Have repurchased like 4 times now. I have pretty dry skin, self tan a lot & I suck at moisturising. I use this differently than it says to on the bottle. I wash as normal then when im about to get out of the shower i turn the taps off and apply this all over my wet skin. Then i get out without rinsing it. I try to air dry but if i do use a towel i pat dry to try and keep the product on. It does leave a residue but its basically the same as any rich body cream. I use it before bed so i dont have to worry about it getting on my clothes. Its similar to Ro's argan body conditioner from Lush but at least half the price. Only downside, i wish it was a bottle with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging they need this in a tube or a pump not a rounded HARD (don't believe me? Drop it on your foot...yowtch!!!!) bottle. This is a game changer for me. What is the lush one? I don't know what it's called but I'd love to try it. Nivea is an amazing brand in general although I find the Mexican stuff inferior to the German products. But I'm living in N America unfortunately! But this makes my skin so soft esp under my arms that's where I struggle w the driest patches. But dang it sure makes the shower floor slippery be very careful tread w care. I keep wearing out bath mats in my shower for being so slickery (combo of slick & slippery!!) but I loathe real (esp thick) lotion after shower it's so grossly sticky I just like it for my hands & elbows as scent supplication so I hate how it never dries & the Nivea makes me not sticky or tacky just smooth & oh it smells great all varieties I've tried 3 diff kinds I keep all 3 in my shower for variety.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While not an off the charts, amazing product, this does have its place in my routine. When I am feeling very dry, I use this as a last step in the shower and it does leave my skin with an additional layer of moisture for a few hours post-shower. Last night, I tried something new. I squirted some of this into my bathtub and soaked. It did add some moisture to the bathwater, which can be drying if we are not careful. I liked it and would do that again.

on 3/1/2017 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Meh. This works as an in-shower shaving cream, but I haven't noticed any moisturizing benefits outside the shower once the product is rinsed off. You can get the same effect for less money by rubbing cheap hair conditioner on your legs and rinsing it off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really like this body lotion. It is an innovative formula, as you can just use it in the shower after you wash your body and rinse it off right away. Be warned though, it can make the shower very slippery if you are not careful! I have purchased both the Smoothing formula with shea butter for dry skin, and the nourishing formula for very dry skin with almond oil. I think the nourishing formula is definitely more moisturizing, but I prefer the scent of the smoothing formula. I wouldn't say these are heavy moisturizers but I like them for the summertime to use after I shave my legs to make them extra soft! It's an easy, low-maintenance lotion and I like it enough to repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like using this product when I feel a little lazy. I only took a lippie off because the scent is not my favourite, but still pleasant. It feels lightweight out of the shower and non sticky and there is no feeling of residue. It takes seconds to apply and works the same way on my skin the way a lotion does without the hassle of rubbing it in.

on 11/29/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yas!! What a great idea. I definitely thought this was a little gimmicky when I first heard about this product, but boy was I wrong. I've fallen head over heels in love with this in shower body lotion. I purchased the Cocoa version since my skin is always parched. It smells amazing! I wash my body then apply a decent sized amount of this everywhere. Let it almost soak for about 2 minutes then rinse it off. I despise getting out of the shower and applying lotion. This solves that problem. It moisturizes well. I'm so happy with it. The only con was I went through it pretty fast- about two weeks. But since it's that amazing it doesn't bother me too much. Overall I think everyone should try this in shower body lotion. It's life changing. I do wonder how other brands compare.

on 11/27/2016 2:52:00 PM

I got a sample of Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Cocoa Butter. I don't remember where I got it from (probably CVS?), but it smelled heavenly and sunk right into my skin, as advertised. I have KP and the size of the bumps are usually a giveaway for how well a product moisturized my skin and I can say that they definitely were smaller for some time after the shower, which means that the body lotion worked! I can't say how this product would fare long term but I have had a positive experience with the sample.

on 10/28/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Cocoa Butter version, which is labeled as for dry to very dry skin. This product didnt work for me and I tossed it after two uses. I would not repurchase.

Pros:
- It's an interesting idea. I don't like the sticky feel of lotion on my skin after a shower and how long it takes to sink in. This product doesnt leave a sticky residue. You apply it in the shower and then rinse off.
- Nice scent. It's a mix of the traditional Nivea scent, with a bit more of a powdery scent and some cocoa butter.

Cons:
- The main reason I tossed this after two uses is that it caused a breakout on my chest and arms. Having really dry skin my entire life, I have never experienced this. I'm not entirely sure what ingredient caused the breakout. I've never had an issue with Nivea products or with cocoa butter. I accidentally got some of the product on my jaw and had a huge breakout which took a month to calm down.
- The cocoa butter version is for dry to very dry skin. However, it's not moisturizing enough for truly dry skin. I didnt have any reactions on my legs. However, at the same time this wasnt moisturizing enough there.

- It can make your shower very slippery. This didnt bother me and there is a warning on the bottle, but thought I should note it.

Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Nonfat Dry Milk, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

Price: Approx. $5.99 USD at Target for 13.5 oz.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use the formula for Very Dry Skin, and it seems to work out well for me. I wouldn't say that there's anything over the top amazing about it, but it definitely doesn't hurt, which in my book is a plus! It doesn't clog my pores, it doesn't have an overbearing scent, and if I accidentally use too much, it washes off easily with a little soap.
I really started using it as I started to work out more to try and boost the elasticity of my skin so I wouldn't get as many stretch marks. Using it for that purpose works for me to an extent, at least enough for me to notice the difference, and for that, I would gladly repurchase this product.
Side note: Be very careful with this product, as it does tend to make the shower floor slippery!