Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.5

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 2/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is just an ok primer. It's pretty mattifying and it does not break me out. However, it makes foundation applied on top of it very difficult to blend and spread no matter what application is used. IMO it makes every foundation look slightly less natural because of this. Even though it's just ok, I use it because it does not break me out and I can't say that about many makeup products. I'm planning to use up my tube and not buy another one because H&M sells a primer with identical ingredients and performance for much cheaper.

Amazing primer!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Alright I got this as a sample in Sephora when I visited America as I heard great things about this. Now my skin is oily, I used to get oily within 2 hours but with the powders I use now I usually get oily in about 4 hours. I had no hopes for this to be honest, I've seen so many things about raved for "really oily skin" and they do absolutely nothing for me and most of the time they're not cheap so I was glad I got to sample this before buying it (something you cannot do in the UK).

So I randomly tried this a few days ago and I will say I've only used it once so far and products sometimes work for me then my skin gets used to them and stops being as effective so I hope that doesn't happen with this. I had a normal day of doing errands and was amazed halfway through the day and my skin was as matte as it was when I first put it on. By the end of the day when I washed my makeup off I'd say I had it on for 11 hours and only certain parts of my face were looking a little bit oily. To say I'm impressed is an understatement!

However I will only use this on days I can't afford to be blotting and special occasions as I can't really afford near £30 on a primer and I'm not keen on parabens being in this product. If you have very oily skin and nothing seems to work I would recommend this.

on 1/18/2017 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product cause it said it would minimizes pores, not cause of the matte promise. Still I like to be matte, but after reading a lot of reviews I was a little afraid of using this.
I don't have oily skin, at the moment I have somewhat dry skin.

On it's own it's impossible to get a foundation to glide over this, it makes the skin dry, but I knew this would happen.

I figure it might work if I use a sillicone primer on top of it. And it does!! I pare this with met Touche eclat primer, before I put on my teint idole (lancome). It looks amazing. I always try to get a poreless skin, and I dont think it get's any better than this. It looks so smooth and stays looking smooth for hours. I don't touch up.

If you have this and you don't like it, try using it underneath another primer. It really works well for me. I dont have any trouble using it this way, but I still don't get shiny and makeup stays put. That's great, but i'm all about the pores and this works so well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer is a real game-changer for people with very oily skin.
Before I started using this I could get maybe 3 hours of wearing my foundation before it starts to get oily. This seriously stops me from getting oily for much longer.

I apply a pea-sized to my finger, quickly spread it between my fingers and smooth it over my face. It starts to dry very quickly so I move fast and one I feel it dry on my face, I stop rubbing because otherwise it will start to pill and flake.
I apply my foundation with a damp sponge, working section by section. I find my foundation dries down faster with this underneath and once it's dried, it cannot be layered.
It took a bit until I got acquainted with it, but now I have no issues with cakiness or pilling.

It's worth noting that this does make my foundation go on slightly thicker and almost helps provide more coverage so I don't use it every day. For me, this is a product I reach for when I know I have a long day ahead of me or I want to look good with a full face of makeup.

Although the mattifying effect is strong, this didn't dry my skin out.

For reference, I have used several silicone-based primers before which promised a longlasting mattifying effect, but this just takes it to a whole new level. Absolutely no silicone primer can compare to this and I'm so incredibly glad I discovered it and will most certainly repurchase it.

on 1/12/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product for incredibly oily skin, I tend to have insane oily skin issues in the summer time especially and it worked great to soak up the excess oil my face would produce or to keep my face matte for a long while. It does need to be warmed up in my fingertips before I apply it or else it leaves white marks on my face that look like crusted toothpaste. However, I did notice that if my skin isn't SUPER oily, it will leave white marks on my face otherwise. So, I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have severe oily skin issues. It's a good summer product to touch up makeup. Sort of lost interest after the white marks once summer was gone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I think it's time to write a fair review on this product. When I first get my hands on this product, I really hate it. It makes my face terribly oily, oilier than without any primer and it's accentuate my pores. I followed the instructions given on the box, to melt and pat gently on the skin, followed by the foundation and setting powder etc. I stop using it for few weeks. I was thinking to give to someone who appreciates it. Then one day, I have an event at work that requires me to look flawless. I gave myself another try and the second time I use it, I'm in love with it already. Luckily I didn't give to someone. So what I did, I put my makeup on from start till finish (until setting powder) and then I applied the primer at the end of the process, followed by setting powder again (lightly swipe). The result was tremendously interesting. It keeps the oil at bay, good for nearly 10 hours without any blotting or touching up. My face just glow and it didn't accentuate my pores like the first time I use it. I totally recommend this trick to anyone who finds this primer didn't work as expected.

on 12/10/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in my 50s and still get really oily in my T zone. I have searched for an oil controlling primer for what seems like forever. I heard on youtube that this primer was really strong and it sounded like something I should definitely try. The first time I used it it balled up and made a mess of my foundation, so much so that I had to start over completely. The next time I used it it didn't ball up but my foundation went on super patchy and it was a bitch to smooth out. I did some research because so many people rave about this product so I was almost positive I was doing something wrong. As it turns out, I was. The proper way to apply this primer is not to swipe it on the face but to warm it up in your fingers first and then pat it on in the areas where you get the most oily. I did this and things have been fine ever since. I will say that it doesn't keep my skin completely matte. I still have to blot after about 3-4 hours but it does a better job than my previous favorites, Hard Candy Sheer Envy Oil Controlling primer and Smashbox Mattifying primer. I only use this in my T zone so I use an all around primer, either Clarins or Hard Candy 12 Hour primer, on my cheeks, under my eyes and on my eyelids. This Becca primer is hard core stuff. It definitely does a better job at controlling oil than any other mattifying primer I've tried. But I'm not sure I'll repurchase it. I would really like to find something that can keep my face truly matte for a longer period of time, so the search goes on. This is a pricey product, which is definitely a drawback. I bought the full size and will use it up, that is, unless I find something better. However, I've heard from many sources that this one is the absolute best on the market, so I might be waiting for a new release at some point in the future that would do a better job. If you have oily skin, don't forget that you will amass less wrinkles than girls with normal or dry skin. I know that oily skin is a battle and for many years there was no remedy except massive amount of powder applied throughout the day and night. This usually lead to cake face but it's something that people with oily skin simple couldn't avoid. I do have some fine lines under my eyes but no real wrinkles on the rest of my face. An esthetician once told me that people with oily skin never wrinkle and I'm a testament to the truth of that statement. The fine lines around my eyes are smiles lines. I've spent my lifetime smiling a lot so those few lines don't bother me at all. So if you're oily, take heart. You will have more youthful skin when you reach my age. In the meantime, maybe a primer will come out that can actually keep those of us who are really oily (I mean oil slick oily), matte. I will be searching for such a product. In the meantime, I suppose this Becca primer is the best of the bunch. But I'm not giving up my pack of blotting papers just yet. I still need those little suckers. I recommend this primer but if you're super oily like me, it may only control oil for a short period of time. So keep those blotting papers on hand along with some translucent powder. Hopefully, a product will come out that truly controls oil for those of us with oil slick skin types.

on 11/28/2016 3:20:00 AM

If you want to have a Matte base, this is your go to. Make sure to apply it properly by patting it in (don't rub or it will ball up), and apply any foundation on top by bouncing w a Beauty Blender. It lasts all day and is totally worth the $$$.

on 11/8/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is spackle not primer. For my combination-oily skin I don't love it. It made my skin look more mature and somehow accentuated my pores rather than reduced their appearance. It will keep your foundation on all day but I just don't like the appearance that it gives me or the fact that it is difficult to apply, you must work quickly as this dries instantly and will tug. I don't like to perform tricks to get things to work, therefore I will stick to Smashbox's pore minimizing primer.