Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.5

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

It definitely helps with oil control, which I love. But... it also comes through your foundation as white and cakey. Even if I let it dry, even if I continuously rub it all over my face, it’s very hard to get it to go smoothly over your whole face and leaves a white film and makes your foundation kind of peel off. So I’m not sure I’d recommend it.

on 4/2/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a must have for you if you have very oily skin, it is a total game changer. I can apply my makeup and be shiny in less than 2 hours on a normal day but since I've discovered this I stay matte for hours. It makes my makeup last forever with a light powder touch up after 6 hours or so, but just a tiny bit on my t-zone. That's a HUGE win for me!

If you have dry patches try to avoid using this on them, because it will make your foundation go on blotchy and weird over the dry parts. Just concentrate on your problem areas. I made the mistake of using it under my eyes and it wrecked my concealer because of a couple dry spots.

It's thick and dries fast so smooth it out quickly. I do wish it came in different packaging. It's very hard to squeeze out, I may end up depotting into another container because I feel like it'll just get worse as I use more of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried every primer out there to control my oily skin and believe you me, this one beat the competition hands down. I found this while looking for the ten best recommended makeup primers and found an article that rated this one as being among the best for priming foundation and all-day oil-control. Being a bit skeptical, I went ahead and purchased this online and fell in love. Gone was the two hour after application mark oil slick sitting on top of my face, this stuff also holds on tight to foundation, even oil-free formulas and doesn't let go. My makeup at the end of a ten-hour day still looked matte, oil-free, yet somehow glowy and dewy, without being shiny in the least. The only small beef I have with this is that it can be difficult to apply, being that the consistency is dryish and thick, it doesn't exactly slide across your face with ease. I recommend putting priming spray on a flat makeup brush and whisking this around your face. Somehow the primer spray makes it glide and apply better if you use this technique. You can also moisten a makeup application sponge and then apply this with it, to help distribute the product. Other than that, I'd say this is my favorite HG primer for its long-lasting effect, and all-day performance. Oh, did I mention it also seems to blur pores as the name suggests, pretty well too.

I would say this formula is best for oily, combination, and normal skin types, probably not ideal for those with drier complexions.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was unsure about getting this because of the love/hate reviews on this; it seems to either work great or not at all. I spoke to a Sephora staff, and she told me the reason it doesn't work for everyone is because this isn't your usual mattifying primer that everybody else sells where you slather it on and then dump foundation on it. The focus is not for makeup application, but oil control and to be used on the t-zone ONLY. In fact, she recommended using this over another primer, the first being for your overall face and makeup application, and this for the oil control.

If you have normal skin and are just looking for something slightly mattifying, this is not for you because I think it could be too drying. It is definitely for folks like me with oily to very oily skin (can't comment about combination and how it goes on dry patches since I don't have any).

Basically, I was looking for oil control since where I work, I'm not always at a desk or near my bag so I don't always have access to my blotting paper. Without this, I tend to start looking like a disco ball around 3-4 hours after applying my makeup so oil control is a huge issue for me. I apply a tiny tiny amount on my t-zone and pore areas and that's that. Like I said, it's not like other primers so it will not go on with the usual 'smooth, sleek and powdery' feel, you have to apply it quick otherwise it becomes tacky. Once that's done, apply your makeup as normal.

It controls oil very well for me, and while I still get oily, I feel it happens a lot slower. It also does this simultaneously amazing and annoying thing where I don't FEEL oily even when I am. It means it makes my face feel super comfortable and light (a first for me), but it's also bad because I wouldn't know about my hideously oily face until I look in a mirror. Oh well, it just means I have to be more vigilant, but I'll definitely take it. It doesn't affect my makeup application in anyway, no cakiness, no foundation breaking apart etc. Makes it last longer actually.

Try it out if you've got really oily skin! Since it isn't cheap, and if you're unsure about this product, you could always get the travel sized version to try it out. You only need a little at a time, so it'll last a long time anyway. As for me, I'll be happy using this, then repurchasing it when it runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

There are two absolutely crucial things you need to know about this product:

1. Use it OVER make-up, not under (or use it on bare skin, if you're lucky enough to get away with it). If you use it under, you will get the sticky blotchiness described in other reviews. Patted gently over, and you'll just get a perfectly matte finish.

2. Use it EXTREMELY sparingly. I use it on my nose only, and that involves a c. 1mm squeeze, rubbed between fingertips and then patted on. Similarly, expect blotchiness if you use too much.

That's it. If you do that, you'll find - like I do - it's the best mattifier ever. I can get through a full day of work now without breaking a shine, whereas before I struggled to get through 3 hours. Great stuff.

Only cons:
- Texture is very thick - do make sure you warm and melt it between fingertips before applying - so it can be hard to get out of the tube
- Price is high - but honestly, based on how little you need to use, I think this thing will outlive me

on 2/2/2018 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After a LONG time of searching to decide what primer to buy, I bought this one. Terrible choice. I've already used the smashbox primer, the La Base primer from Lancome, and a few primers from brazilian brands...they all did their job well, but I still wanted something to REALLY hold the oil from my skin, because I almost never carry makeup in my bag for touch ups. I saw a lot of reviews about this primer and the Porefection primer from Lorac, and they said these REALLY helped people with oily skin (I saw comments about the Becca one leaving skin super duper matte and almost dry, you know? and I thought "honey, that's for me"). So I got this in december and used it until the end of January and all I can say about this primer is that it didn't do the job for me -> continue in items with overall view

- When I put it in my skin I feel it geting tight. It is dry, so it's kinda hard to apply -> for me, until then, it was all cool, because I wanted a really matte skin for hours, buuuut
- It did NOTHING for my pores, didn't fill them up, so after I applied foundation the only thing I could put my eyes on were the HUGE PORES ON MY CHEEKS
- After a few hours my skin still got oily
(my magic powder -Pó Translúcido from Quem Disse, Berenice?- makes the oil from my T zone disappear, but sometimes I'm not even carrying a purse, so...)

Wasted my money on this, do not recommend for people with really oily skin (or people who lives in a hot country like me) and big pores, because this didn't really help with any of these problems.

Holy Grail primer for oily skin!!! Omg. I apply this under my foundation and it looks so flawless, not to mention controls my oily Tzone. Definitely not for normal to dry skin. But for you oily skin girls definitely a must try!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I keep these around like people keep chapstick--one in my purse, one at home, and another randomly in some luggage.
So worth the money! As others have said, this keeps oil slicks at bay. If you are horribly oily (like I) with acne-prone, sensitive skin yet love to wear foundation then this is the product for you.

My application process goes like this:
After skincare squeeze out a Z shaped line into palm of one hand (it says pea-sized on the instructions but rules are meant to be broken)
Slightly rub palms together so product dispenses onto both hands, but not so much that it absorbs
With open palms, DAB onto entire face, focusing on oily spots, which means my whole face but especially my T-Zone
You will feel a tightening feeling, almost like the oil is being sucked from your face.
Repeat whenever necessary, and ESPECIALLY if makeup is already fully applied and oily skin is peeking through, the above technique will NOT disturb anything, it really is like pliable blotting paper.
Holy Grail, especially when used in conjunction with Hourglass's Immaculate Foundation for oily skin.
This stuff has withstood extremely humid weather, sweaty activity, and my overactive oil glands.

Note: Does not break me out, however the active ingredient in here is a clay (oil absorber) whose molecules are too large to be absorbed by skin so the more product you apply the more oil absorbency you may achieve but all of this is still sitting on your face at the end of the night...or day.

on 10/25/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not work for me. I will preface that I have oily-dehydrated-combo acne prone skin which is very high maintenance and difficult to keep makeup from looking cakey because it's so flakey and dehydrated but oily at the same time, so much fun. Anyway, I bought a small size of this product when waiting on line at Sephora because the description "liquid blotting paper" caught my eye. Good marketing. Re-did my makeup in the car using this primer over Too Faced RX Hangover Primer, and then applied the rest of my makeup. Went to my 8 hour work shift and when I got home that night my face looked HORRIBLE. I was so embarrassed that I had been out in public looking like that! CAKEY does not even begin to describe what my skin looked like, it was cakey, flakey just a mess.

Yesterday I decided to give it one more shot. I prepped my skin by thoroughly exfoliating and moisturizing with a serum, my spf lotion, and the same Too Faced hydrating primer. Then I applied this warming a tiny amount in my fingers as suggested and lightly tapped it over my t-zone. Then I applied my MAC foundation (which has a satin, non-matte finish) and immediately, I could see that the areas where I had applied this were cakey and causing the foundation to apply unevenly. I hadn't even gotten to apply setting powder yet. Had to wipe everything off and start over again without this. Makeup application went on much better. The only time I could see this working would be if you were going out bare-faced without any foundation over it. To be fair, I have yet to find a shine control primer that doesn't leave my foundation looking cakey. I'd rather just blot throughout the day which is what I end up having to do anyway then deal with a cake-face.

on 8/3/2017 1:10:00 PM

I applied this over sunscreen and it did not go on smoothly and pilled a bit. I did not want to start over so I applied foundation over it.
After a lot of buffing, it looked okay but I would not want to do this on a regular basis. Next time I applied the primer before sunscreen and then used a tinted sunscreen over it. That looked a lot better than the sunscreen-primer-foundation combo but tinted sunscreen doesn't give me enough coverage. Sunscreens tend to be shiny and a mattifying primer that doesn't work over them is useless in my opinion. It also does not blur pores very well.