Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.6

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 7/25/2017 1:03:00 AM

OMG - THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL FOR ALL-DAY OIL CONTROL.

I have never been so inspired to write a review. If you have seriously oily skin and your top priority is long-lasting oil control, this mattifier WORKS. It's the most effective product I've ever purchased because it actually DOES what you dare hope to DREAM.

My 'Before Becca' routine: Apply Hour Glass Veil Primer. Then Laura Mercier Secret Finish Mattifying Gel mixed with MAC Studio Fluid Fix foundation, applied in one layer. I mix mattifier with foundation because it reduces steps, decreases the amount of product used and thins out foundation to avoid the 'heavy coverage' look. LM was a decent mattifier, but I'd still get oily after a few hours. Next, I tried MAC Matte clear primer. It's an OK primer but doesn't do much for oil control.

I ordered a Becca sample and was blown away! Per instructions, you lightly pat on a small amount with fingers. Only use in oily areas. I use in the T-zone. After washing, I apply Algenist Regenerative Anti-aging Lotion (a very light moisturizer), then Becca. I let it set for a few minutes before applying foundation. This product adds time to my regimen, but it's worth it. I don't often use Hour Glass Veil Primer on top of Becca because it's mineral-based and can create a more dry, whitish look if not carefully and sparingly applied.

TIP FOR SMOOTHER LIQUID FOUNDATION APPLICATION: Try my trick of mixing together liquid foundation with a clear, silicone-based primer INSTEAD OF applying them separately. I put equal amounts of each in my palm and mix up with a broken-off Q-tip stick. This will make the foundation thinner and easier to apply. If you feel you're losing coverage, up the ratio of foundation to primer. Try this because Becca does make applying foundation more difficult. Foundation will dry more quickly and can look cakey. I definitely recommend a silicone primer over Becca, applied as its own layer, if you don't want to mix primer and foundation. Without the primer's silicone slipperiness, you'll need to get more adept at applying foundation quickly and evenly. But again, it's still WORTH IT.

I have very oily, red, sensitive, easily irritated acne-prone skin. I have used Becca every day for a week. This product has not caused any irritation or breakouts so far.

It's true, this doesn't really minimize pores, and if you have very large pores, it could emphasize them. Another good reason to use a silicone primer on top of Becca.

But I am beyond thrilled at the oil control. I have NEVER found a product that could keep my makeup matte all day. Around 7-8 hours, I now see a little shine, but nothing compared to the oil slick I used to be. I could use 4 blotting papers across my face and soak them, a few times a day. I don't need to blot anymore. Great for eye lids so your liner doesn't smudge. Absolutely incredible oil control. If anyone has found a product even remotely close, please let me know. This one is a giant quantum leap over everything I've ever used.

It's probably best for very oily skin. It can likely work for slightly oily, but be careful to apply only the tiniest, thinnest amount or it can make skin look over-dried and aged. Not recommended at all for dry to normal skin. Enjoy your heavy, creamy moisturizers, ladies! Finally, there's a miracle for us super-oily chicks!

Yes, it's expensive. But I didn't knock off stars, because if you need hard-core oil control, it's worth it. You will use less than regular primer, so it probably ends of costing less because a tube will last longer.

I suggest that they re-name this as a "mattifier." It is not really a primer because you can't simply swipe it over your face with a brush. It is a true mattifier because it provides the most outrageously effective oil control I've ever experienced.

If you have super oily skin and want industrial-strength oil control that gives you an all-day matte finish, please try it. I'm a skeptical buyer, but Becca has been a true game changer.

on 6/27/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This primer makes every foundation I have look disgusting. I have oily skin and I tried every single way to apply it, fingers, sponge, using the warming patting motion. It made EL Doublewear, Tarte Amazonian Clay, Colorstay, Matte and Poreless and Studiofix look utterly foul. Seperated, crumbly, and pardon my French, like s@&t. It might be good for oil control with no makeup but otherwise avoid like the plague unless you want to make your foundation look like shedding snakeskin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I didn't love this at all. It seemed to work OK, I've used others that keep makeup on longer. It also is SO tacky feeling when you apply it.. feels like glue on your face.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Finally i have found a product that prevents my skin from being super oily !! I can now endure a whole day without looking super shiny. However this product is tricky to use and it took me a long time to get the hang of it but once i did, it was totally worth it.

Tips for use :

1. Use a really good hydrating moisturizer, preferably one that leaves a little grease on your skin. This primer works best on well moisturized skin. This allows the primer to beautifully blend in with out drying out into white patches on your face. ( I use Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer) or even face mists are useful for fixing dry patches

2. Pat into the skin, do not rub. his allows it to spread evenly.

3. Split the application into sections, may be time consuming but it allows for better application and finish. ( I first do each of my cheeks, then i do my nose, then chin and then forehead. After each section make sure to wipe the excess product off your fingers.

4. Wait at least 5 mins ( max 15 mins) before applying foundation, this allow the primer to settle and you get an easier application with foundation.

5. It is also great to use even if you don't wear foundation, but want to control your oily skin.

I simply apply concealer to the spots i want covered and pat this primer over the rest of my face. I find that my super oily skin stays matte for at least 6-8 hours

on 5/23/2017 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start off by saying that my face isn't super oily. I have combo skin with a little bit more oil in my T-zone, but on a normal day, I don't turn into an oil slick or anything. On my forehead between my eyebrows, it also does this weird thing where it somehow looks flaky and oily at the same time, so that's fun. My main mission with primer is to prolong foundation wear and keep it from separating, as it's next to impossible to keep foundation on my nose, upper lip and forehead for more than 5 or 6 hours.

I like to use a ton of different foundations for different coverages, finishes, and for certain times of year. With most primers, you have to match them to your foundation. Oil-based primers don't work well with water-based foundations and vice versa, and some formulas work better together than others, so I generally need to keep a few different primers on hand to match with whatever foundation I'm wearing. The first thing I like about this primer is that so far, it's worked the same with all foundations I've used with it so far, whether water or oil-based, so it's nice being able to have one product that works with everything.

It does a really good job of keeping my foundation on. I still get a teeny bit of wear on my nose, but nowhere close to looking like my foundation was completely gone like it normally does. On the rest of my face, it keeps everything in place with no sliding or separating, and I'm finding even my powders (blushes, bronzers and highlighters) are lasting longer than they normally do. It can emphasize dry skin, so if you have combo skin with dry patches, it would probably be better to spot-apply to more oily spots and use a different primer on the drier areas, but my skin is okay with it being applied all over. Since I wear glasses most of the time at work (contacts outside work), I also usually have problems with the bridge of my glasses or sunglasses rubbing foundation off my nose and face where the frame makes contact and this primer also eliminates that problem as well, which is great.

The price is a little spooky ($44 in Canada), but for the results, it's worth it. Apparently there's a couple cheaper dupes around, so I'll probably try to get my hands on those before I commit to re-purchasing, but I would buy this again.

One thing to note is you don't rub this on your face, as it'll ball up and fall off, especially if you've applied any skincare first. I squirt a bit of this into my hands, rub it gently between my fingers for a second ( to spread the product), then pat it all over my face. It dries down immediately, you just have to be cautious of not using too much, as it will dry down white in places where you've used too much.

on 5/21/2017 10:58:00 AM

I have very oily/acne prone skin and because I am only oily in my t-zone I only applied a tiny amount to this area before application of makeup. I tested this with and without setting spray and found for me it works best without setting spray. I do find you need to exfoliate well before hand otherwise this may ball up, and i just apply it directly to my skin from the tube and just massage it in instead of patting it in. Although it does claim to minimise pores, it did not do anything for me in that area. But the reason I am giving it 5 stars is simply because I purchased this for oil control and this is the only primer I have ever used that actually lived up to that claim and it hasn't caused any breakouts! I received this as a travel sample from sephora and I have just purchased the full sized tube!!

on 5/16/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This primer gave me the worst breakout I've had in years :( I took the advice of many on here and applied this in a tapping motion as it dries almost instantly. Wore this for a grad ceremony I had to attend. It did absolutely nothing for my makeup or oiliness. If you have very acne-prone skin like me, I'd staaaay away!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have seen the mixed reviews about this. I have not encountered the problems some reviewers have had. That may be because I apply this a good 15 mins or more before applying any foundation to allow it to set completely. I also apply it as Becca says to - pat the product onto your face, don't rub it into your skin as you can with most other primers.

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This product has not yet (knock on wood) caused any irritation or breakouts. But, it's summer and I would prefer a more dewy finish, not a dry matte one. I think what foundation you pair it with will make a difference, but experts say to pair silicone-based primers with silicone-based foundations. These tend to leave a more matte finish, not a dewy, glowing finish. I have tried to use illuminators to brighten up my skin, but it ends up just looking like a shimmery area on top of a paper canvas. So, I took off 1 lippie for the almost too matte finish.

Poreless is not a description that fits this product. I would say it slightly blurs pores, but that's the extent of it. If you need heavy blurring, then you will have to use either a medium to full coverage foundation on top, or use a different product to fill pores. I do have pretty deep ones, so for those of you with minimal skin texture, it may work fine.

Pros:

Tube nozzle dispenser with a hole that is very small to keep it has hygienic as possible
Generous product size making the heavier price tag more reasonable (40ml)
Very mattifying
Long-lasting
Does not clog pores or irritate sensitive skin
Does not pill if you use the recommend application technique (pat onto skin, don't rub in)

Cons:

Almost too mattifying leaving my oily skin looking kind of parched

on 5/8/2017 12:57:00 PM

I keep repeating this in every reviews of mine, but the truth is nothing can withstand the heat and the humidity of my country. It does mattify my skin to a certain extent but it didn't keep me from having super shiny nose at mid day.

Didn't like the effect on my nose where I have large and visible pores. I can see streaks of oil trying to escape from my pores... not just one or two "leakage" but the the pores on my nose ooz oil and leave their very own snail trail. The snail trails will happen even when I don't wear primers, but with this primer, the visibility of such increases by 80%(yes, I made up the numbers just to prove my point).

It is harder to blend the foundation with a brush on top of the primer, feels like the brush is dragging the foundation around. Best to use a damp sponge to avoid patchiness.

It has a cooling feeling when you first apply.

Not too impressed but wont give it away to family and friends any time soon.

on 4/29/2017 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff keeps you matte and the oilies away. Your foundation will not move. You can't rub it in or it'll start to flake. You must pat or press the product into the skin. Literally, a little will go along way!