Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.6

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 5/23/2017 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start off by saying that my face isn't super oily. I have combo skin with a little bit more oil in my T-zone, but on a normal day, I don't turn into an oil slick or anything. On my forehead between my eyebrows, it also does this weird thing where it somehow looks flaky and oily at the same time, so that's fun. My main mission with primer is to prolong foundation wear and keep it from separating, as it's next to impossible to keep foundation on my nose, upper lip and forehead for more than 5 or 6 hours.

I like to use a ton of different foundations for different coverages, finishes, and for certain times of year. With most primers, you have to match them to your foundation. Oil-based primers don't work well with water-based foundations and vice versa, and some formulas work better together than others, so I generally need to keep a few different primers on hand to match with whatever foundation I'm wearing. The first thing I like about this primer is that so far, it's worked the same with all foundations I've used with it so far, whether water or oil-based, so it's nice being able to have one product that works with everything.

It does a really good job of keeping my foundation on. I still get a teeny bit of wear on my nose, but nowhere close to looking like my foundation was completely gone like it normally does. On the rest of my face, it keeps everything in place with no sliding or separating, and I'm finding even my powders (blushes, bronzers and highlighters) are lasting longer than they normally do. It can emphasize dry skin, so if you have combo skin with dry patches, it would probably be better to spot-apply to more oily spots and use a different primer on the drier areas, but my skin is okay with it being applied all over. Since I wear glasses most of the time at work (contacts outside work), I also usually have problems with the bridge of my glasses or sunglasses rubbing foundation off my nose and face where the frame makes contact and this primer also eliminates that problem as well, which is great.

The price is a little spooky ($44 in Canada), but for the results, it's worth it. Apparently there's a couple cheaper dupes around, so I'll probably try to get my hands on those before I commit to re-purchasing, but I would buy this again.

One thing to note is you don't rub this on your face, as it'll ball up and fall off, especially if you've applied any skincare first. I squirt a bit of this into my hands, rub it gently between my fingers for a second ( to spread the product), then pat it all over my face. It dries down immediately, you just have to be cautious of not using too much, as it will dry down white in places where you've used too much.

on 5/21/2017 10:58:00 AM

I have very oily/acne prone skin and because I am only oily in my t-zone I only applied a tiny amount to this area before application of makeup. I tested this with and without setting spray and found for me it works best without setting spray. I do find you need to exfoliate well before hand otherwise this may ball up, and i just apply it directly to my skin from the tube and just massage it in instead of patting it in. Although it does claim to minimise pores, it did not do anything for me in that area. But the reason I am giving it 5 stars is simply because I purchased this for oil control and this is the only primer I have ever used that actually lived up to that claim and it hasn't caused any breakouts! I received this as a travel sample from sephora and I have just purchased the full sized tube!!

on 5/16/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This primer gave me the worst breakout I've had in years :( I took the advice of many on here and applied this in a tapping motion as it dries almost instantly. Wore this for a grad ceremony I had to attend. It did absolutely nothing for my makeup or oiliness. If you have very acne-prone skin like me, I'd staaaay away!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have seen the mixed reviews about this. I have not encountered the problems some reviewers have had. That may be because I apply this a good 15 mins or more before applying any foundation to allow it to set completely. I also apply it as Becca says to - pat the product onto your face, don't rub it into your skin as you can with most other primers.

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This product has not yet (knock on wood) caused any irritation or breakouts. But, it's summer and I would prefer a more dewy finish, not a dry matte one. I think what foundation you pair it with will make a difference, but experts say to pair silicone-based primers with silicone-based foundations. These tend to leave a more matte finish, not a dewy, glowing finish. I have tried to use illuminators to brighten up my skin, but it ends up just looking like a shimmery area on top of a paper canvas. So, I took off 1 lippie for the almost too matte finish.

Poreless is not a description that fits this product. I would say it slightly blurs pores, but that's the extent of it. If you need heavy blurring, then you will have to use either a medium to full coverage foundation on top, or use a different product to fill pores. I do have pretty deep ones, so for those of you with minimal skin texture, it may work fine.

Pros:

Tube nozzle dispenser with a hole that is very small to keep it has hygienic as possible
Generous product size making the heavier price tag more reasonable (40ml)
Very mattifying
Long-lasting
Does not clog pores or irritate sensitive skin
Does not pill if you use the recommend application technique (pat onto skin, don't rub in)

Cons:

Almost too mattifying leaving my oily skin looking kind of parched

on 5/8/2017 12:57:00 PM

I keep repeating this in every reviews of mine, but the truth is nothing can withstand the heat and the humidity of my country. It does mattify my skin to a certain extent but it didn't keep me from having super shiny nose at mid day.

Didn't like the effect on my nose where I have large and visible pores. I can see streaks of oil trying to escape from my pores... not just one or two "leakage" but the the pores on my nose ooz oil and leave their very own snail trail. The snail trails will happen even when I don't wear primers, but with this primer, the visibility of such increases by 80%(yes, I made up the numbers just to prove my point).

It is harder to blend the foundation with a brush on top of the primer, feels like the brush is dragging the foundation around. Best to use a damp sponge to avoid patchiness.

It has a cooling feeling when you first apply.

Not too impressed but wont give it away to family and friends any time soon.

on 4/29/2017 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff keeps you matte and the oilies away. Your foundation will not move. You can't rub it in or it'll start to flake. You must pat or press the product into the skin. Literally, a little will go along way!

on 4/22/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have extremely oily skin. I usually get oily within 1 hour after my makeup application. This is the only thing that keeps me matte practically all day. I used this on my wedding day & I had flawless makeup all day. I apply it with my fingers not rubbing it in but rather slowly streaking it across. I only apply it on my T-zone & it's important to let it dry. If you don't let it dry your foundation will crumble up. I only use it for special occasions

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is pretty much the only thing I have tried that will keep my ever-shiny nose matte for six hours of so. Then I can blot with a tissue and make it for a few more hours!

It's prob one of the top 3 primers I have ever used. I'm impressed and would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using MOM for about 3-4 years now and wanted to venture out and see what other products were out there to help keep my oil-slick of a face matte. I went on a 2 month binge buying different products, this being one of them. This may work for someone that has combo skin or slight shine during the day but for someone with very oily all over skin like mine, it didn't perform to my expectation. Typically with any new primer I try i have shine around 9 am and my makeup goes on at 6am. My pores were still very visible and I had shine come through in my t-zone and cheeks around hour 5 when typically I am matte with my usual power duo of MOM and Monistat gel for up to 12-15 hours (if you have not tried MOM for your oily skin stop what you are doing and look it up - it's a game changer!) This stuff sucks every bit of moisture from your face like crazy! I applied concealer and had the worst time trying to blend out because the primer had already reacted and it was set in place! I watched an emotional movie same day and remember laughing afterwards because the tears were stopped in their tracks and did not even make it down my cheeks... thats how fast this stuff works! Definitely weird how it reacted to liquid, but oils still peeked thru. As I said, might be for someone with combo skin or slight shine, but not for me.

on 3/21/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Probably the best mattifying primer I've used. My previous hard core mattifying primer was No.7 Mattifying Primer which has been discontinued. I have quite a bit left but I was worried about what I'd do when I ran out. When I found out about Becca's Primer I decided to buy it. It's even more effective than my No. 7 with it only being more $$$. Industrial strength oil absorbing primer. Learn how to apply this before using. This is not a primer you rub on. Patting it on works wonders and prevents it from balling up.

Popular Primer/ Correctors