Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.6

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is pretty much the only thing I have tried that will keep my ever-shiny nose matte for six hours of so. Then I can blot with a tissue and make it for a few more hours!

It's prob one of the top 3 primers I have ever used. I'm impressed and would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using MOM for about 3-4 years now and wanted to venture out and see what other products were out there to help keep my oil-slick of a face matte. I went on a 2 month binge buying different products, this being one of them. This may work for someone that has combo skin or slight shine during the day but for someone with very oily all over skin like mine, it didn't perform to my expectation. Typically with any new primer I try i have shine around 9 am and my makeup goes on at 6am. My pores were still very visible and I had shine come through in my t-zone and cheeks around hour 5 when typically I am matte with my usual power duo of MOM and Monistat gel for up to 12-15 hours (if you have not tried MOM for your oily skin stop what you are doing and look it up - it's a game changer!) This stuff sucks every bit of moisture from your face like crazy! I applied concealer and had the worst time trying to blend out because the primer had already reacted and it was set in place! I watched an emotional movie same day and remember laughing afterwards because the tears were stopped in their tracks and did not even make it down my cheeks... thats how fast this stuff works! Definitely weird how it reacted to liquid, but oils still peeked thru. As I said, might be for someone with combo skin or slight shine, but not for me.

on 3/21/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Probably the best mattifying primer I've used. My previous hard core mattifying primer was No.7 Mattifying Primer which has been discontinued. I have quite a bit left but I was worried about what I'd do when I ran out. When I found out about Becca's Primer I decided to buy it. It's even more effective than my No. 7 with it only being more $$$. Industrial strength oil absorbing primer. Learn how to apply this before using. This is not a primer you rub on. Patting it on works wonders and prevents it from balling up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is pretty much the only thing I have tried that will keep my ever-shiny nose matte-ish for six hours of so. Then I can blot with a tissue and make it for a few more hours!

It only takes a little dot of this to cover my whole nose. I spread a layer lightly on my nose, blend the edges between my eyebrows and around the nostrils, then gently pat the layer in. Just slapping it on my render your makeup cakey or pill-y in my experience.

I mainly use this on my nose because I prefer a skin-like finish to the rest of my face.

on 3/12/2017 3:36:00 PM

I LOVE THIS THING. I'm Asian with hooded lids, and I couldn't wear eyeliner for this longest time because my eyelids would cause my eyeliner to crease. I dab this on my eyelids and it instantly mattifies my lids, lasting me a good 8 hours with no creasing. I also put this around my T-zone area and it helps to control the oil throughout the day.
And can I also mention that I've bought a tube of this like... 3 years ago and it's just starting to run out now?! For the price, the quantity, and the effectiveness, this will be my go to for the rest of my life. Nothing can replace this thing, ever.

on 3/7/2017 3:01:00 PM

This has become my HG primer for my combo, oily tzone skin. I apply it to my tzone only and it not only keeps me matte for a good half day, with a some blotting and powder to touch up tzone... but it makes mymorning makeup wear all day long.

That said... there is a learning curve on this primer and I can see why some get frustrated with it. I apply this over my moisturizer/sunscreen which I let dry completely before applying the primer.... I put a pea size amount of primer on my finger, and rub fingers together to warm it up and it turns clear.... I then do a combination of patting and a pat/rub like motion to put it on my tzone. You have to be careful to smooth out the edges of the primer or it will leave white spots.... I then let it set while I dry/style my hair and then put my foundation over it.

I found just patting it on, as most do, is not enough ... you do need to do a little rubbing motion to smooth out the edges.... I love this stuff.... I have purchased the trial size and the full size and will buy again when needed.

I use this as a primer ONLY for my oily T zone. If I put this anywhere else, I can see how it would suck all life out of my face. I take a tiny amount, warm it between my fingers. It becomes somewhat liquidy this way. Then I PAT it on my tzone. It sets quickly and can be tacky, so foundation over top can be tricky. I pat / smooth foundation over it gently. By mid day my nose would be bare of foundation (really - where does it go??) but using this primer has completely solved this issue. Definitely repurchase for oily areas only.

on 2/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is just an ok primer. It's pretty mattifying and it does not break me out. However, it makes foundation applied on top of it very difficult to blend and spread no matter what application is used. IMO it makes every foundation look slightly less natural because of this. Even though it's just ok, I use it because it does not break me out and I can't say that about many makeup products. I'm planning to use up my tube and not buy another one because H&M sells a primer with identical ingredients and performance for much cheaper.

Amazing primer!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Alright I got this as a sample in Sephora when I visited America as I heard great things about this. Now my skin is oily, I used to get oily within 2 hours but with the powders I use now I usually get oily in about 4 hours. I had no hopes for this to be honest, I've seen so many things about raved for "really oily skin" and they do absolutely nothing for me and most of the time they're not cheap so I was glad I got to sample this before buying it (something you cannot do in the UK).

So I randomly tried this a few days ago and I will say I've only used it once so far and products sometimes work for me then my skin gets used to them and stops being as effective so I hope that doesn't happen with this. I had a normal day of doing errands and was amazed halfway through the day and my skin was as matte as it was when I first put it on. By the end of the day when I washed my makeup off I'd say I had it on for 11 hours and only certain parts of my face were looking a little bit oily. To say I'm impressed is an understatement!

However I will only use this on days I can't afford to be blotting and special occasions as I can't really afford near £30 on a primer and I'm not keen on parabens being in this product. If you have very oily skin and nothing seems to work I would recommend this.