BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.6

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 7/2/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh.

This seems to perform as well as any of the "mattifier" type products I've tried (most noticeably, Deciem's Matte 12 or Pore Delete). I apply it like folks have recommended, rubbing a little amount between my fingers then patting it on, only on my nose/nosebridge/cheek area where I get the oiliest and have the most pores.

I can see my pores. They aren't blurred. Oil - my nose is just as oily as if I never would have applied it. I even apply my main primer first, then spot touch with this over. For the price - doesn't work well enough for me. I actually get better results using no primer and just a very matte foundation. I will use it up, but glad I bought just the travel size. Want to try Pores no More by Dr. Brandt (SO PRICEY THO), and then possibly the Sephora Mattifying primer which I heard was similar to this and only $9. On to the next.

on 6/26/2018 12:57:00 PM

When I was in my late 30's, I was oilier. I used this all over my face and loved it. After turning 40, I am oily at my t-zone only and drier everywhere else. I also started breaking out w/ a patch of eczema around the corner edge of 1 eye! SOO ANNOYING! So, now, I finally started taking advice from others. Lots of Hylaronic acid moisturizer, two, three times in the am, b4 makeup. Use emu oil on flaky grossness. Benefit Porefessional Pore Perfect on large pores (sides of nose and forehead). I NEED SPACKLE for some pores! AND for the Becca, put a small squeeze on your fingertips and let it "melt" a bit (otherwise can be pasty, thick and hard to spread). Now, lightly blot onto the oiliest of your skin. I find that less is better with this. I used to go through packs of oil blotting sheets every week. Now I just blot my nose around noon and Im good until 5!! Love it! It's pretty expensive, so using it as an oil blotter instead of an allover primer (too drying now) is much more cost effective.

on 6/5/2018 11:36:00 PM

I rarely write reviews but this product was a real home run for me. I have a super oily nose — no other primer or foundation or powder has ever been able to stand up to it. Within a couple of hours of putting on product, my nose would be oily again and the product disappeared completely or visibly broekn down but he oil.

I tried this with great skepticism. I have tried literally dozens of products to try to address this issue and all have been a disappointment. Until this stuff. The smallest amount spread over my nose not only blurs pores but controls oil! Hallelujah! I have been using this product for about two weeks with no breakouts, no clogged pores and no interference with my skincare or makeup.

I recommend this as highly as I can.

on 5/1/2018 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In my opinion a good primer is a product that with repeated use will not negatively affect my skin or allow foundation to affect my skin. In order to do this it must be silicone free and oil free (with repeated use silicones strap moisture, sebum, bacteria in the skins pores and create breakouts. They also enhance fine lines and wrinkles).

This product has made my makeup FLAWLESS. Here’s why ...

+ Oil free
+ Silicone free
+ Makeup lasts all day
+ No breakouts
+ No Cakey foundation
+ Matte/ Satin finish skin

TIP: On application I noticed the formula dried too quickly on the skin. If this is also a problem for you spray your face with water before you apply it. The product will become slip and will dry down matte. That way your can spread an even layer across your face.

The only con is the price however I think this product is worth the price :)

It definitely helps with oil control, which I love. But... it also comes through your foundation as white and cakey. Even if I let it dry, even if I continuously rub it all over my face, it’s very hard to get it to go smoothly over your whole face and leaves a white film and makes your foundation kind of peel off. So I’m not sure I’d recommend it.

on 4/2/2018 10:58:00 PM

This is a must have for you if you have very oily skin, it is a total game changer. I can apply my makeup and be shiny in less than 2 hours on a normal day but since I've discovered this I stay matte for hours. It makes my makeup last forever with a light powder touch up after 6 hours or so, but just a tiny bit on my t-zone. That's a HUGE win for me!

If you have dry patches try to avoid using this on them, because it will make your foundation go on blotchy and weird over the dry parts. Just concentrate on your problem areas. I made the mistake of using it under my eyes and it wrecked my concealer because of a couple dry spots.

It's thick and dries fast so smooth it out quickly. I do wish it came in different packaging. It's very hard to squeeze out, I may end up depotting into another container because I feel like it'll just get worse as I use more of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried every primer out there to control my oily skin and believe you me, this one beat the competition hands down. I found this while looking for the ten best recommended makeup primers and found an article that rated this one as being among the best for priming foundation and all-day oil-control. Being a bit skeptical, I went ahead and purchased this online and fell in love. Gone was the two hour after application mark oil slick sitting on top of my face, this stuff also holds on tight to foundation, even oil-free formulas and doesn't let go. My makeup at the end of a ten-hour day still looked matte, oil-free, yet somehow glowy and dewy, without being shiny in the least. The only small beef I have with this is that it can be difficult to apply, being that the consistency is dryish and thick, it doesn't exactly slide across your face with ease. I recommend putting priming spray on a flat makeup brush and whisking this around your face. Somehow the primer spray makes it glide and apply better if you use this technique. You can also moisten a makeup application sponge and then apply this with it, to help distribute the product. Other than that, I'd say this is my favorite HG primer for its long-lasting effect, and all-day performance. Oh, did I mention it also seems to blur pores as the name suggests, pretty well too.

I would say this formula is best for oily, combination, and normal skin types, probably not ideal for those with drier complexions.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was unsure about getting this because of the love/hate reviews on this; it seems to either work great or not at all. I spoke to a Sephora staff, and she told me the reason it doesn't work for everyone is because this isn't your usual mattifying primer that everybody else sells where you slather it on and then dump foundation on it. The focus is not for makeup application, but oil control and to be used on the t-zone ONLY. In fact, she recommended using this over another primer, the first being for your overall face and makeup application, and this for the oil control.

If you have normal skin and are just looking for something slightly mattifying, this is not for you because I think it could be too drying. It is definitely for folks like me with oily to very oily skin (can't comment about combination and how it goes on dry patches since I don't have any).

Basically, I was looking for oil control since where I work, I'm not always at a desk or near my bag so I don't always have access to my blotting paper. Without this, I tend to start looking like a disco ball around 3-4 hours after applying my makeup so oil control is a huge issue for me. I apply a tiny tiny amount on my t-zone and pore areas and that's that. Like I said, it's not like other primers so it will not go on with the usual 'smooth, sleek and powdery' feel, you have to apply it quick otherwise it becomes tacky. Once that's done, apply your makeup as normal.

It controls oil very well for me, and while I still get oily, I feel it happens a lot slower. It also does this simultaneously amazing and annoying thing where I don't FEEL oily even when I am. It means it makes my face feel super comfortable and light (a first for me), but it's also bad because I wouldn't know about my hideously oily face until I look in a mirror. Oh well, it just means I have to be more vigilant, but I'll definitely take it. It doesn't affect my makeup application in anyway, no cakiness, no foundation breaking apart etc. Makes it last longer actually.

Try it out if you've got really oily skin! Since it isn't cheap, and if you're unsure about this product, you could always get the travel sized version to try it out. You only need a little at a time, so it'll last a long time anyway. As for me, I'll be happy using this, then repurchasing it when it runs out.

EDIT- I find it works better and applies much more smoothly when warmed up with your fingertips and then dabbed on that just rubbing it onto the skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

There are two absolutely crucial things you need to know about this product:

1. Use it OVER make-up, not under (or use it on bare skin, if you're lucky enough to get away with it). If you use it under, you will get the sticky blotchiness described in other reviews. Patted gently over, and you'll just get a perfectly matte finish.

2. Use it EXTREMELY sparingly. I use it on my nose only, and that involves a c. 1mm squeeze, rubbed between fingertips and then patted on. Similarly, expect blotchiness if you use too much.

That's it. If you do that, you'll find - like I do - it's the best mattifier ever. I can get through a full day of work now without breaking a shine, whereas before I struggled to get through 3 hours. Great stuff.

Only cons:
- Texture is very thick - do make sure you warm and melt it between fingertips before applying - so it can be hard to get out of the tube
- Price is high - but honestly, based on how little you need to use, I think this thing will outlive me

on 2/2/2018 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After a LONG time of searching to decide what primer to buy, I bought this one. Terrible choice. I've already used the smashbox primer, the La Base primer from Lancome, and a few primers from brazilian brands...they all did their job well, but I still wanted something to REALLY hold the oil from my skin, because I almost never carry makeup in my bag for touch ups. I saw a lot of reviews about this primer and the Porefection primer from Lorac, and they said these REALLY helped people with oily skin (I saw comments about the Becca one leaving skin super duper matte and almost dry, you know? and I thought "honey, that's for me"). So I got this in december and used it until the end of January and all I can say about this primer is that it didn't do the job for me -> continue in items with overall view

- When I put it in my skin I feel it geting tight. It is dry, so it's kinda hard to apply -> for me, until then, it was all cool, because I wanted a really matte skin for hours, buuuut
- It did NOTHING for my pores, didn't fill them up, so after I applied foundation the only thing I could put my eyes on were the HUGE PORES ON MY CHEEKS
- After a few hours my skin still got oily
(my magic powder -Pó Translúcido from Quem Disse, Berenice?- makes the oil from my T zone disappear, but sometimes I'm not even carrying a purse, so...)

Wasted my money on this, do not recommend for people with really oily skin (or people who lives in a hot country like me) and big pores, because this didn't really help with any of these problems.