Soap & Glory A Great Kisser

Soap & Glory A Great Kisser

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil/Huile Minérale), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Synthetic Wax, Lauryl PCA, Paraffin, Mangifera

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like the cute little tin this lip balm comes in. The vanilla bean scent is light and not overwhelming to the senses. I find this to be an effective lip balm. It is tinted a sheer peach color and gives a little gloss to my lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this. Unfortunately I found this stuck to my lips like glue. I also found that my lips were peeling while wearing the product! I know people love it, but I had to toss mine. It was a bit expensive but you do get quite a lot of thick product.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/3/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

More of a gloss than a balm I feel, it's very sticky and thick, I wouldn't feel comfortable slathering it on before bed like I do with most of my balms. The packaging is stunning, very retro, lovely colours and a cute little tin, unlike most I don't really mind lip pots and prefer them to sticks for balms sometimes.

The scent is fresh and the balm is a gorgeous colour in the tin, although I wouldn't say it has much pigment on the lips. It's an adequate balm but the packaging and scent and taste all make me feel like I like this balm way more than I probably would in just a generic packaging with no flavour by a cheaper brand!

on 12/31/2015 9:51:00 PM

This lip balm is amazing. It holds up well, feels like a lip gloss, but is amazingly moisturizing and so incredibly beautiful. It is amazing for both overnight wear and during the day application. Not to mention the price point is nice.

My only possible complaint would be the stickiness of this lip balm, but that is also what allows it to stay on for such a long time.

on 12/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My HG lip balm. I have dry lips that get cracked and chapped super easily and have tried tons of lip balms over the years. This is literally the only lip balm I've ever used that cleared up my dryness and chapped lips completely overnight. It is sticky, but not crazy sticky, and it has a nice color. This is super thick and moisturizing. I recently found it on for $6, so I consider this a steal. I have already repurchased and stocked up. If nothing else has worked for you, give this a try.

on 3/30/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

smells great, tastes great... bad format. the tin it's in is pretty unsanitary and kind of annoying because after using it you need to wipe your finger or you'll get it all over stuff. it's not particularly hydrating unless it's slathered on in a thick layer, however. i think this lip balm is more ~for funsies~ than ~my lips are dying help~.

on 1/5/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this lip balm. Paid $10 for it at Sephora, which is far more than I've ever paid for a balm before, but I loved the scent and texture so much (and how moist and healthy it made my lips feel) that I decided to take the plunge.
First off, the scent/flavor (Juicy Peach) is fantastic. It's sweet without being disgusting. But really, what makes me love this stuff is how nourishing it is on my lips. If I put this on at night before bed, it's still there in the morning, hydrating and plumping my lips like no other.
This particular balm doesn't have any tint to it, which I sort of like. It was a toss-up between this and the Korres lip butter in Wild Rose, but I decided I wanted something clear and far preferred the scent and texture of the S&G balm.
The tin it comes in is cute and sturdy, but I'd prefer a squeeze tube for hygienic purposes. I don't like digging my fingers into the pot.
Minor flaw in packaging aside, I'll definitely repurchase when I run out, which I don't envision being any time soon, since I've applied this stuff like a madwoman and still haven't made a dent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have this one in coconut whatever, and it is literally perfect. Perfect consistency, wonderful smell, THE ACTUAL BEST. I personally like the metal tin thing, which has a ton of product, because I know I'll be able to get all the product out. It's super moisturizing, and lasts a long time. I put it in my back pocket and sat on it hard though, so the lid doesn't stay on as well, but that's my bad (and makes me sad).

on 6/10/2014 7:33:00 PM

Update (July 15): This is essentially a prettier (and, arguably, somewhat more beneficial because of the oils it contains) alternative to your vaseline. I've found that it works best when layered over my (moisturizing or hydrating) lip balm. The reason for not using this on my bare lips is because it doesn't provide extra moisture to my lips (maybe it will for some of you); it only helps prevent my lips from losing moisture, and because my lips are super ultra sensitive and prone to dryness, I need something much more hydrating/moisturizing.

Because it contains mineral oil --an emollient-- it safeguards my lips from losing moisture while leaving my lips feeling quite soft and looking semi plump. This plumping effect + the glossy appearance helps to reduce the looks of fine lines on my lips.

Bottom Line: Formula is definitely sticky, though not greasy. Not as moisturizing as I would expect from looking at the ingredients list (mango seed extract, apricot kernel oil, vitamin e, lingonberry oil, shea butter = wow!). However, as promised, it is long lasting, and it does protect against moisture loss, provide weather protection, and seem adequate in renewing dewiness to the lips.

I will continue to use it as a top coat over my favorite lip balms for that extra layer and to lock in moisture. Not sure if I will repurchase. I like that it works awesome as a top coat, but it's kind of a blah (for lack of a better word) product for $10, and it's in a pot. Meh.

Bought this from Sephora for $10 in Juicy Peach.
Have only used it on several occasions, so I can't say what the long term benefits are. Here's the quick takeaway though:

+ Hate the packaging. To have to dunk my finger in every time is just so gross and unhygienic. I either use a q-tip if I have one at hand, or I use the back of my finger to scoop it to hopefully minimize the spread of germs.
+ $10 bucks is pretty expensive, but this is really a one time purchase. On the plus side, there is a lot of product in one container, so I think it's going to last a fair amount of time.
+ Too sticky at the first touch and upon application.

+ Smells so good and tastes sweet and peachy. What a delicious lip balm!
+ The sticky, waxy feel provides a very thick layer of protection on the lips --great at immediately relieving any dryness or peeling (a common issue of mine). It helps prevent me from constantly picking at my lips.
+ Remains on lips for a fairly long time compared to most other lip balms (eg. Burt's Bees, EOS, Nivea)
+ The stickiness does soften and the product melts into the lips over time, due to heat and friction when you're rubbing your lips together.

My lips are always dry and peeling, and my habit of picking at it only worsens the problem. I have tons of lip balms, but they usually fade after 15-30 minutes after application, and none actually prevents me from picking my lips. I will test this lip balm out for an entire week using nothing, but this balm to see how well it works. Will update then!

on 6/4/2014 10:36:00 AM

Finally, a moisturizing lip balm that WORKS for my stubborn dry lips. Nothing worked for my lips. I've tried from the highly raved Keihl's to high-end Korres to the simpler ones like Nivea or Vaseline, nothing worked or lasted for my lips. Tried natural remedies like drinking more water, lips still dry and chappy. I came across this lip balm thanks to MUA's reviews and gave it a go; my lips has never chapped ever since. So moisturizing, so yummy, such JOY. I scrubbed my lips once a week and then slather this on after, I literally felt like kissing everybody. Lips were so soft. Because it works so well for me, I don't mind about the price or the packaging. Now I only wish it'll come out with more shades! And please, PLEASE for the love of all things that works, don't discontinue this product!