EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 (Tinted)

EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 (Tinted)
Elta Md Sunscreen

4.4

Alumina, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Hydrated Silica, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Iron Oxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Octyl Stearate, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylate 13/Polyisobutene/Polysorbate 20, Purified Water, Quercetin, Sodium Hydroxide, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 2/17/2019 7:12:00 PM

This sunscreen applies like a DREAM. Decided to make a switch from "chemical" to "physical" sunscreen because of the reaction I had to octinoxate and opted for this one after a ton of research.

Application and wearability is so important to me-- I absolutely did not want any white cast, a greasy oil slick or something that requires too much rubbing that would irritate my dehydrated and eczema and rosacea prone skin). Finding a "physical" sunscreen that works well, is cosmetically appealing, wears well under makeup, not too expensive and is easy to apply is not the easiest, but decided to give this a try after its glowing recommendation.

Simply put, this sunscreen applies like a dream, dries down and doesn't stay sticky, doesn't have a white cast and wears more like a low coverage/sheer tinted moisturizer which I appreciate. My only wish is that they'd create more shade in this range because this pulled ORANGE on my NC15 skin and husband's NW10 skin like a bad tanning job. This would absolutely fit NC20-30 well, but might be a bit too dark for anyone lighter and too light for anyone darker. I recommend this and would absolutely rebuy despite the shade since I can apply light coverage makeup over it. This sunscreen has made it easier for me to part with Obagi sun shield matte sunscreen, Biore Aqua UV watery essence, and many other beloved Korean and Japanese sunscreen which in my opinion are superior over American sunscreens in application and efficacy... that I can no longer wear because of octinoxate.

This is a great "physical" sunscreen for anyone in the market for one-- especially the people with sensitive skin and those who don't want to look like they're wearing physical blockers.

on 10/11/2018 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only facial sunscreen I can wear. It's tinted (which works with my fair skin tone, but would not necessarily work for everyone of course). It has a bit of a "sticky" feel which I LOVE. It doesn't run when my face sweats, so I never have had the problem of sunscreen burning my eyes. It provides a great base for a loose powder foundation and can even act by itself without additional makeup. It evens out the redness in my face and has worked so well over the years!! Also, since my skin is so dry, I put on moisturizer first (MAC comfort creme) and then this sunscreen. Just the sunscreen alone would leave my face super dehydrated and flaky.

on 5/15/2017 4:04:00 AM

Finally the one! I have tried alot of different facial sunscreens. This is my new favorite, my IF! It's not tested on animals, I love the universal tint. I'm fair but in blends in great. It is unscented, oil free, and I love the high SPF using mineral sunscreens. Another plus is the amount of product. I'm used to getting less product for the same or higher price. This is 3 oz.

I needed a physical sunscreen for my face but didn't want to go back to Cotz (which I found too thick, but functional). I tried a number of Asian sunscreens to go with the skincare products I've been using, but most were chemical, or broke me out. This sunscreen works for me though. It protects me from burning and I don't get a hot sensation at the end of the day if I've had sun exposure, which I've experienced with chemical sunscreens. It also seems to let my skin breathe and leaves no white cast. I've been using this for more than six months now and believe I will repurchase when I run out.

I wanted to love this sunscreen but I ultimately found it way too drying. Even when I would apply a quality moisturizer before applying it, my skin would be dry by the afternoon without fail. It's a shame because it is a great sunscreen--it's very light and rubs in easily, it's a purely physical sunscreen, the tint is awesome for my pale skin, and it completely protected my skin from burns (I recently took it on a trip to Hawaii and had no burns whatsoever). So maybe for someone with oilier skin this would be a slam dunk; sadly I just couldn't make it work on my dry skin.

on 6/1/2016 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am very unhappy with this tinted sunscreen. After reading reviews it sounded perfect. Wrong!!! The tint was acceptable, but it dried my skin terribly. Even worse, the odor was nauseating. I couldn't wait to wash this off! I threw this out, even though it was fairly expensive. I'm back to using Neutrogena Helioplex SPF 50. This EltaMD chemical sunscreen was the worst!

on 11/11/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this SS for the warmer months when I know I am going to be outdoors for a very long period of time. It works well as a primer under my makeup and doesn't leave my face too ashy. If I use this too many days in a row, it does tend to dry out my skin, but I have learned from that mistake and alternate with the Clear and the Daily. Highly recommend Elta Md sunscreens.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product and great high spf. I feel like it's almost like a bb cream. Goes on smooth will purchase again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought a tube after trying samples. The tint is light so if you need it to cover anything you'll still need BB or foundation. I have acne/rosacea and I haven't noticed this giving me any new pimples yet but I don't use it everyday to really give it a chance to bother me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you need a consistent, non-irritating facial sunscreen product, try Elta MD. You may have to try a few to find the right formula for you. I have used the SPF 45 clear and the Tinted SPF 41. I have put it on alone as a moisturizer and over moisturizer. It just depends how my skin is feeling that day.

It is a bit shiny. That goes away when I put makeup over it.

My doctors office carries Elta MD. After a bought of skin cancer on my nose I decided to try it. You can find it on many beauty sites and Amazon for less than you will pay at the dermatologists office.