Sisley So Intense Mascara

4.6

Ricin- beware!

on 6/16/2018 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Waauwie - great mascara. Gives the most lenghty, voluminous and fluttery lashes ever. The wand may seem a bit weird at first, but once you know how to use, it is great. Adding the fact that this mascara protects and cares for the lashes, this is a top product!

on 6/13/2018 1:27:00 PM

This mascara is the best I have ever used period!!!!! I unfortunately have small and deep set eyes and I use mascara in the hopes of opening my eyes and making them pop .... in terms of mascara, you name it and I have used it ..... I have found many great mascaras over the years and some I thought were holy grails, however, nothing and I mean nothing compares to So Intense Mascara ..... one coat gives me long lashes and looks like I have used numerous coats when I have not and two coats literally looks like I am wearing false eyelashes .... my eyelashes are dramatic, clump free and a true black color ... this is the blackest mascara that I have found so far (my eyes pop and stand out.) I do hate that this product is so damn expensive, but it is so worth it to me .... this is my HG mascara.

on 5/20/2018 7:31:00 AM

Amazing mascara! It took me a few days to get used to the wand, but otherwise perfectly perfect. Makes really very beautiful and intense lashes, don't smudge and can be removed very easily. Separates without creating clumps or spider legs. The price is high, but you get a really outstanding product.

on 4/7/2018 3:49:00 AM

This is my first review ever because this is my favorite mascara ever. It is easy to apply an the effect is awesome, it looks like I’m using fake lashes. And after some weeks I noticed that my lashes were getting thicker. It’s expensive, but my second favorite is Le volume de Chanel and it is quite expensive too and not as good, I haven’t found a good mascara that is inexpensive. For that price I would just like it to last longer.

on 3/24/2018 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, this is the best mascara I've ever used for bottom lashes (pretty amazing for top too, though!) - it lengthens, volumizes, and separates without creating clumps or spider legs. I have sparse East Asian lashes that do not look too visible on their own, and I tend to have a difficult time applying bottom lash mascara because it's hard to maneuver the wand around without getting stained bits all over. My current routine is to use the Lancome lash primer, and then use the Sisley So Intense in 2 coats to create a gorgeous Edie Sedgwick / Twiggy esque definition to my lower lashes. It brings me drama without looking severe. I was previously using the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl, and while that mascara was gorgeous and lengthening, it was tough to build volume and remove. Sisley So Intense provides me everything L&C gave, but is a breeze to take off while not smudging at all during the day. A must have for girls with sparse lashes or smaller eyes who want more control over the mascara wand!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara, even if I'm not initially someone who wears mascara. I received a sample and it took me months to try it because when you buy beauty products, you always end up with mascaras samples- I've lived on samples forever. But this seriously blew me away. It gives me the best curl, volumizes the roots, and lenghtens lashes like nothing else. I've always had problems with volumizing mascaras because they get very clumpy, but this one gives a definition and a LENGTH that I haven't found in any other. It's also conditioning and keeps lashes soft and supple. I will buy the full size once I run out for sure.

I just got this a couple weeks ago in the dark brown color and I love it. I am blonde with white blonde lashes that are very long naturally. Usually brown mascaras look off with my coloring. This one is dark enough to provide the definition I want while still looking natural. The finish is natural, not shiny or too matte. Applying this takes some getting used to but if you can master it you will love it. I feed the comb right into the lashline first then direct up or diagonally if I am going for a feathered out look. This acts as sort of a tightline meaning you can skip liner if you want. Then I roll the brush up from the back of the lashes to the tips. Usually by the time I am done with my lower lashes I have a almost clean brush to go back through and groom since I am a bit persnickety about clumps. I have got a lot of complements on my eyes since picking this up and the irony is that I have been dialing my eye makeup way back preferring no liner and a bit of contour on the crease. I also find that a brighter or more red lip is not too much for my coloring when I wear this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've never used a mascara wand like this one before. It requires a different application technique than regular mascara, which takes a bit of practice and more wait time between coats. Basically you only coat the tips of your lashes first and wait for it to dry. Then coat the rest of the lashes, wait....and then I put another bit on the ends, especially at the outer corners.

I was shocked and impressed my first day wearing this. I got a bit of the raccoon look underneath my eyes, but even waterproof mascara (or non-budge ones) does it to me, so I didn't mark down for it.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a 'wow' mascara for me. I wear glasses and cannot wear false eyelashes with them, but this really separates my lashes and it really is intensive. I reach for this one now over my Chanel mascara.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this mascara for only 4 days, so this review is a bit premature. But I can't help it; I'm so happy with these past 4 days I just want to share!

The funny little comb might involve a slight learning curve for some, but I used Longcils Boncza's cake mascara for years so the application was natural for me. At any rate, it's not difficult, and once you nail the application the results are glorious.

I've been wearing it from 8 am to 11 pm and this stuff does not budge. (But at the end of the day it is super easy to remove.) No flaking, no smudging, no fading. Lashes are soft, not stiff. Separated but not spidery. There's not tons of illusory length or volume; it's basically my lashes but better. Way better. And if it helps them grow, then all the better!

I've attached a photo which shows my eye with nothing but the mascara. No eyeliner or shadow or anything. I'm impressed!

The only thing that I have to wait to see is if the tube lasts long enough to merit the price. If I can get three months out of it I'll say it's totally worth it. But if it's like Yves Saint Laurent's effet faux cils "formule perfectionnée" that was expensive but gooped up after less than a month, then I'll have to say no. We'll see, and I'll update!

Update 3 months later: The formula started to go dry and clumpy after 2 1/2 months, but it is still usable even now. I think that's pretty acceptable, especially considering that those 2 1/2 months were mascara paradise. It was such a pleasure to put on every time!

I can't really say whether or not my lashes have seen any growth, but they feel healthier and I definitely lost fewer lashes applying and removing this mascara versus others.

I'm sure I'll be buying another one, but I might wait for a sale...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One word. Incredible.

The moment I applied the first coat I was blown away. The length and volume it gave shocked me. In all my years, I've never seen such an effective mascara. I suppose the price is prohibitive, thus more people don't know about it. However, this is hands down the best.

The application process is a slight learning curve, but isn't complicated and you'll have it down in no time.