Rimmel Show off lip lacquer

Rimmel Show off lip lacquer

3.1

on 1/29/2016 9:22:00 PM

These glosses are super pigmented and super thick. I really like the consistency but the shades don't suit me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It took me a little while to warm up to this product, but now I absolutely love it. I have the bright red shade (not sure of the name). It's a very nice cool-toned cherry red that I think would work on a lot of different skin tones.
This product is very comfortable on the lips. Application is easy; I normally have trouble with the wands of lip stains and get them everywhere (like the Hourglass lip stains), but this applicator works very well for precision. The product doesn't really "set" or dry down completely, so I always blot, but the wear is very, very good. After eating I have to reapply, but that doesn't bother me.
This is a pretty long-wearing, comfortable, durable, pigmented lip stain/gloss hybrid and I would recommend it. I'd like to get some more colors for myself.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/27/2015 6:42:00 PM

I only have one of these, in Celestial, a kind of nude rosy pink. It's a pretty color. A light swipe and you get a hint of hue, or you can apply it for more intensity. The formula feels OK, and the doe-foot applicator works well here. There's a hint of a fake scent which fades quickly, and I don't detect any real flavor (I don't want to lick at lip gloss, however, so I haven't really tried to see if it has any flavor). It lasts an OK amount of time. Nothing revolutionary in longevity, but it won't fade in an instant, either. The formula doesn't feel super-hydrating. In fact, If find it to be a bit on the drying and borderline uncomfortable side. I like the color and that it doesn't feel sticky or gooey, but it would be nice if it felt a bit more comfortable on the lips.

on 10/25/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I received this in a swap but I know Rimmel is a pretty inexpensive brand. I have this in 301 Galaxy. It is a cool muted violet color. It is very pretty. The finish is not very shiny but very pigmented. It does not last long on my lips and it is very slippery. I like my lipglosses sticky so I will not repurchase. EDIT> I have to add that this one has a very strong perfumey taste that feels either drying and irritating on my lips. I would definitely not repurchase.

I have the shade "solstice" and although I enjoy it, it's nothing to write home about. It's a really pigmented lip lacquer. Mine is very browny nude, which I enjoy. Do I like it? Yeah. Would I try other colors? Yes (I also have 3 of the matte ones). Would I say this is the be all end all of lip lacquers? Not really. But for a cheap, pigmented lip lacquer that delivers beautiful shades, it's definitely a viable option.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across these at Kroger & wasn't sure if they were like liquid lipstick or a lipgloss. Lip "lacquer" I'm not familiar w that term! So I took the plunge & got Nude Eclipse & Light Year. Nude Eclipse is a pale beige no frost & Light Year a little darker nude mocha. I saw some other colors I liked so I am going back tomorrow!! The taste does leave a little to be desired coz it made my throat sore but that could be due to acid reflux I can't be sure! It doesn't smell like anything to me so I am mystified/stumped. I love these otherwise coz they remind me a bit of Jeffree Star velour lipsticks coz both are very velvety. I've got a Rimmel clear liner I'm going to try w them but I didn't have any bleeding. It doesn't leech out all the moisture from ur lips. It feels light on & not dry nor flaky but I exfoliate my lips every day w elf stick. They were $5 & some change at my Kroger. Def check these out! I luv Rimmel in general love that haute couture London vibe even thou I live in Hicksville, USA!

Update 8/1/15: bought aura & solstice and they are going back! I imagined aura as kinda like MAC Sushi Kiss or maybe the ABH Liquid lipstick but no way it is too dark and very orange. Solstice didn't really show up on me I thought nude eclipse was nicer. So I'll get my ten bucks back & buy something else! Those 2 lip lacquers are enough for me. Nude eclipse & Light Year look awesome sauce w my Rimmel univeral (clear) lipliner. I'm not counting all Rimmel out just yet!!

on 7/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll start with the pros about this product. It differs from all a majority of the liquid lipsticks out there. The formula reminds me of Loreal Infallible Pro Matte glosses that I praised for having a unique formula a while back. I am so happy to see more acceptable formulas hitting the market. The formula is SUPER pigmented (like a lipstick), hydrating, and yet leaves a velvet finish. Rimmel Show Off lip lacquer did not dry out my lips and the staying power lasted 5 hours.

With all that being said... I coincidentally have the same issue with these that I had with Loreal. The shade selection is awful. I bought the shade Atomic Rose because it was the only shade even somewhat remotely suitable for my skintone. I am NC10 in MAC terms (think albino with yellow undertones). And I'm sorry, but this is ugly. Atomic Rose is a burnt orangey nude color. It is not the warm pink I hoped it would be. That is my biggest gripe about Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers, none of the shades interest me in the slightest.

I put "yes" for repurchase ONLY because *if* Rimmel launched pale-friendly shades I'd try them. Afterall, the formula was good.

on 6/2/2015 5:30:00 AM

Depending on what you want out of the product, but I wouldn't rely on it as a lipstick. It is hard to apply by itself as it is so pigmented and stains your skin around your lips, so unless your perfect, be careful. I use the product as a lipgloss, on top of my lipstick to hold the colour longer and to add a shine. So as a whole it is a great lipgloss, its extremely pigmented and stays on for much longer than any other lipgloss lipsticks. But be careful when applying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So I bought 4 shades of this product on sale : apocaliptic, phenomenon, big bang and nude eclipe. First time I wore one of them was to school, I wore apocaliptic. Gorgeous, gorgeous hot pink, a bit redish a bit fucshia, just gorgeous.... It lasted all morning... But it bled terribly.... In the end of the morning when I got home, I was so embaressed to see how much it bled outside my lip line. Because I bought 4 shades and in Portugal you can not return them I decided to buy a transparent lip liner and try them like that. It works much better !!! With a transparent lip liner this product doesn't bleed at all and lasts around 8 hours !!! They loose the shiny look around the 3 hour mark but you are left with tone of colour !!! This product will transfer if you eat or drink but they wear out nicely and evenly, there will be no patchiness or unevenness. As for the colours : Apocaliptic is, as I said, a beautifull darkish hot pink with a bit of fucshia in it; Big Bang is the most beautifull red I own (and I own lots of red lip colours since those tend to be my favourites), it's a warm-ish red but it's neutral enough so that the coolest skin tone can pull it of, phenomenon is a really white based peachy nude, if your are anything darker than a light skin tone, this is not for you and nude eclipse is a pinky nude, darker that phenomenon so it is more wearable.
I'm not gonna lie, they have a really weird scent, I really don't know hoe to explain it, but once on my lips I really don't notice it. It is comfortable on the lips, it doesn't leave them feeling dry or anything like that.
Do I recommend it ? Only if you have or don't mind buying an anti-feadering lip linner, otherwise NO !!!! Without one, this product bleeds a lot.... If you use one, this lacquer will last you a long, long time on the lips while it still remains confortable and the colours are gorgeous !!
(I'm sorry fo my poor english, it is not my first language)

on 4/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have the shade "Shooting Star" and i don't particularly care for this product. I bought the lip lacquer because everybody raved about it and I when I finally went and got one I was seriously disappointment.
My lacquer is in a nude shade and when applied to my lips it isn't very forgiving and it just looks odd... I think I'll just stick to my lipsticks