Besame Brightening Violet Powder

Besame Brightening Violet Powder

4.4

MICA, SILICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, OCTYL PALMITATE, ZINC OXIDE, METHICONE, LECITHIN, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007)

on 5/7/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately one flaw made this a fail for me. It does brighten, it is very light going on, and smells good. The slight violet tint does work on my medium skin, better than the other powders by Besame do. I reeeally wanted to like it. However, the powder does this nasty thing of settling into imaginary lines. I mean, it seems to crease or fold in upon itself in areas where normally there is no problem (with wrinkles) and gives the illusion of uneven wrinkly skin there! (Eg under eyes, sides of mouth.) also it's visible from a short distance, i mean the fact that you are powdered, not in a polished way but because of that strange dry-looking settling effect.

it's hard to describe, you have to try this powder to see what I mean. You can tell it's finely milled, etc, so why does it do this?? I have no idea. i'm not sure what makes this happen, but I haven't really seen this happen with my other powders. Also this very obvious flaw seems to go unnoticed by reviewers?! I do think if this were another brand, less hyped, or less known...well never mind! You know where I'm going!

fyi i roll/press with a puff then brush off excess

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

Pros of this product- It smells lovely, the packaging is adorable, it lasts forever, it is effective at eliminating shine.

Cons- I don't really notice a brightening effect.

I still love this product, I use it daily as a setting powder.

on 11/7/2015 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My holy grail loose powder! The violet scent is not very strong and fades to the point where it's not noticeable after a minute or two. The powder itself is quite sheer when applied to the face, very finely milled, and adds great longevity to my makeup. On my light skin, it provides a nice, natural-looking brightness when I use it to set/"bake" my undereye concealer. I imagine darker skin tones would have to use it more sparingly, or as more of an all-over finishing powder. It provides my skin with a very airbrushed look.

The packaging, while plastic, is very nice and compact. Good to travel with, good to keep in your purse for touch ups, virtually impossible to spill... I literally don't have a bad thing to say about this powder.

on 6/22/2015 12:42:00 AM

If you want your cosmetics to give you a sense of old-world luxury and glamour, this is one product you won't want to miss. If you want a setting powder that gives fair skin a beautiful finish, this is also a good choice. I mention fair skin because I have fair skin. This powder may well perform nicely on other skin tones, I just don't have the experience to say. In any case, this powder smells beautiful and delivers a nice, sheer finish to set makeup. It comes with a small puff, but I use a kabuki brush and prefer that. This powder is like a final layer of luxury in my makeup routine.

Awesome brightening and setting powder. I love how easy this is to use and I actually use the puff with this one. What I do it I shake a little into the cap and get the puff covered I then go over my t zone which is so oily by rolling and pressing. This keeps my foundation on all day and I do not get oily. This is so finely milled you don't see the colour when you apply it but I see a brightening that I didn't have before. It smells so good and sets my makeup perfectly.

The rolling and pressing way works for me and I do not have to reapply when I use it like this. Plus I use less product this way too. I am very fair NW20 with very cool undertones for reference. I don't see this as a highlighter but as a setting powder it's amazing! The great thing is I only need it once maybe twice after a really long day. The packaging is so cute and fits in my mu bag with no issue. This is one of the best setting powders I have used. It controls oil and it brightens pale skin in such a lovely subtle way. Love! Recommended!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh, I just love the packaging of this and the smell! It's so pretty! I have no idea if it brightens but it is very very finely milled and translucent. I have light-toned skin and it doesn't show up with any colour. I would buy it again because it is so nice to use. I also like the container, it does not dump powder everywhere or make a mess. I use a brush mainly instead of the puff.

on 3/4/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As other's have said before me - this is a lovely finishing powder, so on that note I'll keep this review short and sweet :

Color: a pale white/lilac
Coverage: sheer matte
Best for: those with light skin or as a fine highlighter for medium-darker skins
Smell: faintly of violets

Pros: Really brightens my face, especially my eyes (when used under/ around my eyes), Made in USA, finely milled for a soft finish, doesn't break me out, and no animal testing (!!).
Cons: Kind of expensive for the amount you get, ($22 for .21 oz, which is about 1 1/4 tsp)

continued >>

This is hands down the best powder I have ever used. It really does mattify and brighten in a very pretty way, and I love how it smells. Just what every pale gal needs!

on 7/30/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm borderline obsessed with all things vintage, so naturally I love Besame cosmetics. Not only is the packaging beautiful, but the products really deliver. This powder is no exception. It comes in a pretty plastic container. The powder itself is scented very similar to most Guerlain products - violet (a popular vintage fragrance). It is a finely milled, pale lavender/pinkish powder. I use this to set my makeup (I am NW15) and I love the way it feels, looks, and smells. It doesn't give any weird color cast to my skin, there's no hint of purple or gray, or even lightening - just a beautiful, brightening, translucent powder. I will say that if you have a darker skintone, I can see where this might possibly cause a grayish cast, so I do feel it is probably best for pale-skinned ladies. I love this powder and I will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials