Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WOW – what an incredible product. The product name is misleading – it made me think it would be a runny oil. Not so – this is a thick, intensely rich balm that simultaneously sinks in immediately while also coats your lips. It doesn’t budge – if you put it on before going to sleep, it’s still there in the morning. I am very picky about lip balms – my other favorite is By Terry Baume de Rose (in the pot) – that one is also very expensive and works very well. This one is more intense though. I want to get one to have for day use, but the silly applicator is huge and I would feel ridiculous whipping it out on the bus or at my desk. I use my fingers to apply this – the applicator doesn’t work as well to evenly distribute it. (Dear Hourglass people, the clunky applicator contraption just feels gimmicky and awkward. Please fix. Thank you. Oh can you also sell a version of this in a pot? And can you also make a cuticle cream out of the same magical stuff? Perfect, thanks.) If you are a true lip-balm addict like me, you will LOVE this, so much that you might even forget about the weird applicator spatula thing. I personally will buy this forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Such a great product to use overnight. I also use when I work from home. Smells great, feels great going on, keeps your lips nice and moist.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I saw results after one night of using this lip treatment. The fine lines on my lips disappeared. My lips stayed moist and plump throughout the day. My lips did not flake and peel throughout the day, which they usually do. But the best part for me is that the puckering, feathering wrinkles (where the lips meet the surrounding skin) also smoothed out. To my horror I was developing some feathering surrounding my lips where I used to have none, and was concerned about what to do about it. Then I discovered this lip treatment. After one night I was amazed by the results.

To be honest, at first I didn't get how to use this treatment. I was treating it like a gloss, which it is not. Proximitythe53rd's review on Makeup Alley is right on the money: This is a skin treatment. I use it only at night as part of my skin care regimen. The tip is meant to be used like an iron: literally press it firmly against your lips as you apply the lip oil at night, and iron your lips firmly back and forth. It feels wonderful! My lips look smooth and great in the mornings. I will definitely continue to buy this stuff and use religiously.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Addictive! I am in luv w this lip oil! I saved up my money for this 24k gold tipped gem (literally the price...), but it was so well worth it. It feels so good on the lips. This won't be going in my bag since I can't afford to lose it, but my lips feel plump, hydrated, supple, less drawn taut, & less dryness/peeling from usage (All things I look for in a lip treatment). I have the Fresh lip treatment & CO Bigelow lipbalms. those are what I use in place of "chapsticks" or when I'm not wearing lipstick/glass. I'm a lip product junkie, I have evthing from Burts bees to EOS; My lips rarely go naked. This goes on cool a little minty then morphs into an herbal sort of scent which may be strong to some but I find addictive! My lips "were" often dry, used & abused feeling until I switched to a good brand of lipstick/glass as my main lip colors (MAC) & adding this into my skincare regimen has def made a world of difference. I could do w/o the gimmicky packaging but it IS luxe & the major con is the price tag but when I run out I will be replacing this. This makes me want to go without lipstick & just wear this LOL if ur a skeptic well Sephoras got a liberal return policy! :) continued >>

Very disappointing, would much rather use Lizzie Arden's eight-hour cream or Lucas paw-paw ointment. As for the price...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The gold applicator stays cold and so when you use this it feels very refreshing. That said this is not a winner for me. I find myself rarely reaching for it because it just doesn't do very much for me. The price is prohibitive and the amount of product you get is tiny at 7.5ml. However, it feels luxurious and maybe it will work for you. It's probably best to test if possible to see if you like the texture. It's a little shiny for me and the scent too strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely adore the performance of this Hourglass Lip Oil, but I abhor the steep price tag. It seems to penetrate deeply into my lips, so I follow up with my Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Balm to lock in those precious oils & the softness. The smell is a bit herbal, but it's not at all offensive. The consistency on my lips is not like your classic waxy Chapstick, it's sort of like a softened petroleum jelly. I don't mind because I enjoy being able to feel my lip products & know they're working. I use it morning & night (always followed by Fresh Sugar Advanced). The average longevity is about 4 hours before I can no longer physically feel or see it on my lips. Even though the oil & balm have been absorbed, my lips are plump and very moisturized. My only con's are the price and the fact you cannot monitor the oil level.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the look and feel the packaging, but that was about it. I didn't really care for the lip product/oil itself. It felt nice gliding on, but it did not smell very pleasant. It also left my lips feeling goopy and not silky. I think I'll be sticking with rose salve.

I had my eyes on this for a long time, I have tried lots of less expensive balms over the years. For my birthday in October, I asked, and received this. My lips easily crack, and bleed in the winter months. This is the first winter I have not had this happen. I could finally wear whatever lipstick I wanted. It's expensive, no doubt. But if you have frequently cracked lips that are so bad, they bleed, you will wonder where this stuff has been your whole life. If your lips are only mildly dry, and your happy with Chapstick, this will be a pass for you.

I have been around the earth and back (or so it seems) with lip treatments. organic shops, dermatologist, the usual stores. While this seemed promising at Sephora, I'm afraid it's just depositing a lot of good oils onto my lips; and not helping my particular issue. Nor does it make bring a sense of relief (scent or sensation) or color, silk feeling. This may be good if you don't have any issues, but mature lips, beware. This is a money pit.