Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil

3.6

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful, unique packaging; I think the metal tip prevents the oil from being absorbed. The oil is viscous and sits on top of my lips without really absorbing. I think this product is just ok and the price is a bit exorbitant.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have had this for a while, wasnt too particularly impressed it. That is until I had lip injections. The therapist was very gentle when she was massaging my lips. A couple days after the swelling was going down, I noticed a few areas that hadn't quite settled, having had injections before I knew massaging would help. There it was-Lip oil! The tip is ideal. Plus the oil is perfect for massaging. It was perfect for helping to smooth out the fillers and very soothing.

Disappointed to say the least. I like Hourglass products because they have a timeless and classy look and feel to them. This lip oil was definitely a miss.

I'll start with the positives - I absolutely love the gold tip. It feels refreshing to apply the lip oil to your lips and it applies extremely evenly. The packaging feels very luxurious.

The negatives - the scent is a weird faux plant smell? I have no idea how to explain it. The product itself is a thick oil which I was looking for but I feel like I'm either allergic to the ingredients or the product just doesn't work. It made my lips drier than before I applied and my lips and nose just felt itchy while this was on. The price... $45 is NOT worth it at all.

The only reason I would keep this product is for the gold applicator tip to apply glosses to my lips. Otherwise, a lip gloss would do better as a moisturizing treatment than this lip oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WOW – what an incredible product. The product name is misleading – it made me think it would be a runny oil. Not so – this is a thick, intensely rich balm that simultaneously sinks in immediately while also coats your lips. It doesn’t budge – if you put it on before going to sleep, it’s still there in the morning. I am very picky about lip balms – my other favorite is By Terry Baume de Rose (in the pot) – that one is also very expensive and works very well. This one is more intense though. I want to get one to have for day use, but the silly applicator is huge and I would feel ridiculous whipping it out on the bus or at my desk. I use my fingers to apply this – the applicator doesn’t work as well to evenly distribute it. (Dear Hourglass people, the clunky applicator contraption just feels gimmicky and awkward. Please fix. Thank you. Oh can you also sell a version of this in a pot? And can you also make a cuticle cream out of the same magical stuff? Perfect, thanks.) If you are a true lip-balm addict like me, you will LOVE this, so much that you might even forget about the weird applicator spatula thing. I personally will buy this forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Such a great product to use overnight. I also use when I work from home. Smells great, feels great going on, keeps your lips nice and moist.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I saw results after one night of using this lip treatment. The fine lines on my lips disappeared. My lips stayed moist and plump throughout the day. My lips did not flake and peel throughout the day, which they usually do. But the best part for me is that the puckering, feathering wrinkles (where the lips meet the surrounding skin) also smoothed out. To my horror I was developing some feathering surrounding my lips where I used to have none, and was concerned about what to do about it. Then I discovered this lip treatment. After one night I was amazed by the results.

To be honest, at first I didn't get how to use this treatment. I was treating it like a gloss, which it is not. Proximitythe53rd's review on Makeup Alley is right on the money: This is a skin treatment. I use it only at night as part of my skin care regimen. The tip is meant to be used like an iron: literally press it firmly against your lips as you apply the lip oil at night, and iron your lips firmly back and forth. It feels wonderful! My lips look smooth and great in the mornings. I will definitely continue to buy this stuff and use religiously.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Addictive! I am in luv w this lip oil! I saved up my money for this 24k gold tipped gem (literally the price...), but it was so well worth it. It feels so good on the lips. This won't be going in my bag since I can't afford to lose it, but my lips feel plump, hydrated, supple, less drawn taut, & less dryness/peeling from usage (All things I look for in a lip treatment). I have the Fresh lip treatment & CO Bigelow lipbalms. those are what I use in place of "chapsticks" or when I'm not wearing lipstick/glass. I'm a lip product junkie, I have evthing from Burts bees to EOS; My lips rarely go naked. This goes on cool a little minty then morphs into an herbal sort of scent which may be strong to some but I find addictive! My lips "were" often dry, used & abused feeling until I switched to a good brand of lipstick/glass as my main lip colors (MAC) & adding this into my skincare regimen has def made a world of difference. I could do w/o the gimmicky packaging but it IS luxe & the major con is the price tag but when I run out I will be replacing this. This makes me want to go without lipstick & just wear this LOL if ur a skeptic well Sephoras got a liberal return policy! :) continued >>

Very disappointing, would much rather use Lizzie Arden's eight-hour cream or Lucas paw-paw ointment. As for the price...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The gold applicator stays cold and so when you use this it feels very refreshing. That said this is not a winner for me. I find myself rarely reaching for it because it just doesn't do very much for me. The price is prohibitive and the amount of product you get is tiny at 7.5ml. However, it feels luxurious and maybe it will work for you. It's probably best to test if possible to see if you like the texture. It's a little shiny for me and the scent too strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely adore the performance of this Hourglass Lip Oil, but I abhor the steep price tag. It seems to penetrate deeply into my lips, so I follow up with my Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Balm to lock in those precious oils & the softness. The smell is a bit herbal, but it's not at all offensive. The consistency on my lips is not like your classic waxy Chapstick, it's sort of like a softened petroleum jelly. I don't mind because I enjoy being able to feel my lip products & know they're working. I use it morning & night (always followed by Fresh Sugar Advanced). The average longevity is about 4 hours before I can no longer physically feel or see it on my lips. Even though the oil & balm have been absorbed, my lips are plump and very moisturized. My only con's are the price and the fact you cannot monitor the oil level.

Top Rated Lip Treatments