Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Other
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30
Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster Multi-Perfecting Makeup SPF 30

3.9

Titanium Dioxide 3.55%: Sunscreen. -Octinoxate 3.74%: Sunscreen. -Oxybenzone 1%: Sunscreen.

Some of you may look at the price and recoil back in fear, but it is worth it. SPF, antioxidants, skin repairing ingredients, moisture, and most importantly coverage, looks natural, and breathable. I'll literally just put just this product on my face (with some arrowroot powder/setting powder to matify) and go about my day. The other reason why this is SUCH a great product and why I would cry if it ever was discontinued is because this BB cream has literally 0 acne causing ingredients. Just confirm that on COSDNA.ca if you dont believe me. I'm extremely acne prone and most BB creams are heavy and cosmogenic. The only drawback would be there limited shade selection (only 3) but if one of the three shades matches your skin tone, it would be a no brainer. 40ml's for 60 is actually not bad since it functions as an all in one product and other BB creams have lesser quantities and charge more.

on 2/5/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It broke me out like hell...big pimples all over..not recommended for acne prone

on 1/20/2016 12:59:00 PM

I love this BB cream. I use the shade Medium for my NC42 complexion (C4-C5 in MAC Face & Body, Honey in Bobbi Brown, 23 Dore Naturel in Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation).
Medium is a good match for me and has a brightening / blurring effect. I think that if you're on the warmer/darker side of NC42, this product might be too light / cool.
It feels a lot lighter on the skin than foundation, but basically performs like a weightless base when set with powder - I've used MAC Mineralize compact powder in medium dark and also Meteorites powder, both with good results.
This is the only BB cream I've used and I think I'll stick to it. It's a little pricey, but the result is super. Guerlain's packaging is very nice too.

on 9/23/2014 12:20:00 PM

It most likely should be called a foundation (as well as moisturizing version of it) rather than a daily BB cream. Nice texture but pretty heavy for my liking. Stays on pretty well but doesn't melt into the skin completely and is noticeable if looked up close. Light is looking white-ish on faces with pink undertones.

on 3/5/2014 10:44:00 AM

I am fair with freckles, meaning I have pink undertones with warm accents. A true neutral. This makes finding base products tricky because I can't really cover my freckles and look natural and I like coverage for my problem areas. Usually this means heavy reliance on concealer and a tinted moisturizer but smashbox discontinued my fave tm and I started looking elsewhere. I bought this on a whim and I have mixed emotions about it. The thing is that even on my dry, sensitive uneven skin this looks AMAZING and keeps looking better for about 6-8 hours. Then it FAILS hard and immediately. My skin looks dry and irritated. It's the perfume and the chemical SPF. It's not a bb cream. It's not nourishing or protective. It has an SPF and some moisturizers but it is chock full of irritants. As an aesthetician I know that prolonged use of such irritants damages you skin in the form of sun damage and inflammatory responses. That being said as a sheer glowy foundation for short periods it's spectacular looking. I love the way my skin looks with this on which is why I kept it. I have since also purchased the dior nude bb cream and although that too is fragranced I find it much better for the daily use I was intending. This I will use on occasion only. Bottom line is that it's a beautiful sheer foundation with a unique finish that should be worn only on occasion if at all. I won't repurchase because of the overwhelming fragrance and the itch I have to put up with while it's settling. The dior leaves my skin looking better when I take if off.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I am about NW30 at the moment and purchased this in Medium. It is a good color match. The trick to this product is to apply with a brush-I like using the RT EFB. The BB is too thick when applied with fingers. It looks amazing with a bit of Chanel Sunkissed bronzey liquid illuminator mixed in for a perfect summer look! The coverage is a similar finish to regular LdP, a satiny finish. I like that Guerlain put a pump on the tube. The coverage is heavier than regular LdP but is not "heavy feeling". It does an amazing job covering minor redness and face dings! Folks with just minor imperfections may be able to skip concealer when using this product. I get excellent all day wear on my dryish skin. I have used HG No. 28 primer and Guerlain meteorites primer (both regular and the bronzeish one LE for summer 2013) under and they play well together. The issue with this product is the shade range-there are only two, Light and Medium. Guerlain claims they are shade-adjusting, but even there, mostly within just a shade or two rather than a "universal". The undertone in the BB is similar to LdP, beigey with a slight yellow lean. Overall I really like this product for good coverage that is not really heavy.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference, I'm NC40 and wear "Medium" in this product. Is it a perfect match for my skintone? No it's not but considering there are only two shade choices, this is the closest.

Out of the tube, this looks gorgeous and the consistency is nice. Not too thick, definitely not thin and runny. Strangely, it doesn't spread easily and it dries rather quickly so be prepared to work fast. I used my fingers and in hindsight maybe a brush would be better.

Upon application the color was a bit too light and while the undertone looked yellowish coming out of the tube/pump it quickly seemed a smidge pinkish on my skin. I topped with my usual Koh Gen Do loose powder, used more bronzer than usual in an effort to warm up the look and after using blush and doing the rest of my face it all looked ok leaving the house. I typically have normal-to-dry skin though the past few days it's been more on the combo-oily side because of the weather where I am. Within 1-2hrs after applying, it easily transferred to DH's shirt when I rested my cheek on my shoulder. Ugh. Within 3 hours it had oxidized and I looked like a complete grease ball. Super Ugh! I was more than happy to remove it!

I do like the pump tube... it's a pump dispenser conveniently topping a plastic tube that, because of the snug-fitting cap, I'd feel very safe carrying in my purse. I find the design to be rather ingenious actually.

The price is expensive - $51/40ml - but it's Guerlain so that's to be expected.

The fact there are only two shades makes this a really difficult item to purchase w/o first trying. It does contain spf30 but remember if you are not applying sunscreen under this and you're relying on the BB cream to *be* your sunscreen, you need to apply at least a 1/4tsp to get the stated level of spf30 protection.

This is not impressive enough for me to repurchase it. I'm much happier with my Bobbi Brown spf35 BB cream or my Kiehl's spf 50 BB cream.