Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo

Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo
Baby Wash and Shampoo

3.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Too harsh and drying for my baby. The Soothing Cream Wash works better without irritating his skin. UPDATE: BEWARE WITH BABIES. That does it. I used this once or twice and it gave him a long-lasting rash with little hard red bumps. I used this as shampoo and while I rinsed his face carefully, the poor guy had a rash on his eyelids! It took two weeks to clear. Never, ever again. The creamy wash also eventually left him with flaky, dry skin. I now use Spectro Jel and it works beautifully.

PROS: Decent suds. Very inexpensive.

CONS: I don't like the scent. It's somewhat harsh for a baby smell. Too powdery/almost perfumey. Leaves my rosacea/sensitive skin a little more red than normal. Too drying for dry skin. For my combo skin, I have to get moisturizer on pretty quick because my skin gets tight. Can burn eyes if it gets in.

ALTERNATES: Equate's version of this (found at Walmart) called "Lightly Scented Baby Wash & Shampoo" is just as good as this and much less expensive. For face wash, I prefer Olay's Sensitive Skin face wash.

*****There is a review for this under "Skincare - Body" heading with the name "Baby shampoo and wash," as well, with more reviews there too.******

on 9/30/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had high hopes for this but it didn't deliver. First, the scent is overpowering and very "old" smelling. My baby girl was so strongly fragranced I had to give her another bath to tone it down. Second, it left her skin feeling a little dry which is the opposite of what I thought it would do. This product really let me down.

I've been using this as a face wash to replace the Johnson & Johnson brand since it seemed to leave a film on my face after a while. The Aveeno doesn't leave any film and it has a nice pleasant scent. It also lathers up really well and seems to do a good job of getting all my makeup off - even eye makeup. The only drawback is the price. Johnson & Johnson is cheaper for a larger more convenient pump bottle, but I'll continue to use this one since it does a better job of cleansing.

on 7/6/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was using J&J head-to-toe wash, but eventually it just wasn't cleansing my skin enough. I wanted something gentle, but that would cleanse my skin well. This fits the bill; it's very gentle (and doesn't sting my eyes!), calming to my sensitive skin, and cleans my skin well w/o stripping it. I love the fresh, clean scent too. I use this every morning, and love it. it's bit more expensive than the J&J, but I think it's worth it.

My poor babies have eczema and I this Oatmeal (with menthol version) helps do the trick to help curb their scratching to the point of bleeding on their legs. I use the bath soap version in the bath tub too. Bonus- it doesn't burn their eyes when they manage to get in them!

on 2/18/2008 11:15:00 PM

This is the only baby wash I use. My kids' skin are all sensitive and this is perfect. I'll buy it again and again.

on 12/10/2007 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

use this for my babies and i like it smells so good. im sure they love it too

on 10/29/2007 7:22:00 AM

I actually use this product to clean my makeup brushes! It works great for that :)

on 8/14/2007 9:49:00 AM

I have been using this on my daughter since birth! It smells lovely, does not dry skin and cleanses well. No tears to boot! Great overall body/shampoo combo! My HG two in one for my baby!

Popular Body Skincare Products