Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes
Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.3

on 11/2/2016 11:48:00 AM

So a couple months ago I was feeling pretty down because my lashes felt super "meh". I was using Covergirl's clump crusher for a whole, and while it did get rid of clumps, some days I just felt like my lashes had no length or volume. And I looked at a couple pictures from about a year ago and loved the way my lashes looked! It was exactly what I'd been wanting! So I decided to give this mascara another try(it's what I was using a year ago) and picked up the waterproof formula this time. I am so blown away at how great this mascara is. The two brushes are amazing, I followed a tip from a review here and I use the little one first on my upper lashes(and to get my super tricky outer lashes) then use the big one and then the little one again to help separate and catch any lashes I missed.
I don't have any issues with flaking, though sometimes my lashes will stick together up at the top. However that's an issue that can be fixed my simply going through with my tweezerman lash comb(GET ONE). This is legitimately the only mascara that I've used that has actually made my lashes hold a curl. I tried a bunch of different waterproof(and regular)mascara formulas(disclaimer: no other waterproof from maybelline but), but none of them would keep my lashes curled. Honestly I would keep using this simply because it holds the curl lol. It doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't fade throughout the day, is truly waterproof, I can cry and not have to worry about looking freaky afterwards. This is the best mascara for me.

on 10/30/2016 9:18:00 PM

Omg I can't put in words how excited and relieved I am. Moved to the south from Ca over a year ago and due to the humidity Ive had to find all new makeup.Ive been through Benifit's They're real (ok)
Colorescience mascara (not so good) Smashbox x-rated ( loved it but 2 seperate bottles have ended up leaking, lose more mascara through poor design than I put on my eyes) ulta volume ( ok) L'oreal False Fiber ( got today soooo disapointed I went back for Maybelline Big Eyes...
OMG I put big eyes on my right eye to compare, wish I could post pic.
I'm in love. They nailed it! And the little wand for lower lashes? How could it ever be done differently. Im hooked flr life. Big full long lashed no clumping dried quickly and I didnt even need to use a q-tip.
Maybelline I bow to you. Ty

To Read all 210 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Meh. It's okay, pretty average for a waterproof. I DO like the lower lash brush. Itty Bitty and it really defines and lengthens my bottom lashes. The top lash spoolie is twirled which kind of threw me off and makes application uneven. It also dries out, or maybe gets a bit thicker, and the twirl of the spoolie literally gets lost in the mascara build-up after a month or so.

It's a great price if you need something quick, since this brand usually has a deal of some kind going on at one drug store or another; however, thought I have not tried many waterpffo mascaras, I have faith there are way better out there. I still have smudgies under my eyes after a long day, just as my non-waterproof mascara's leave, but this one is definitely harder to remove completely from the lashes.

I don't think I'd buy again or recommend since there are so many other options out there.

I've owned this mascara for a couples months and have only used the lower lash brush because the first time I tried the upper lash side I hated it. The formula was extremely wet and gave me awful, clumpy, messy lashes. Randomly just decided to give the upper lash side a try again, and wowww <3 It gave me perfectly separated, evenly coated, naturally defined lashes! Ftr, I just used one coat because I typically prefer a more natural look on a day to day basis, so I can't speak for "build-ability," but seriously y'all, I'm shocked at how much I love this mascara right now. So for anyone who gave up on this one after first try, give it another go after a little while because the formula definitely got SO much better with time

on 5/17/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an ok drugstore mascara. The price is right and it's easy to find. I bought it based off Beautypedia's recommendation. After using it for a month, I do not think I will repurchase. The dual brushes are a neat idea. I really like the little lower lash brush. To me this seems like a wet mascara. Sometimes I will get too much product on the brush and thus on my lashes. And then I get a spidery look, which I do not like. I personally will not repurchase, but I think I am being picky when it comes to mascara. I want high end quality at a drug store price. My search continues.

on 4/27/2016 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the best mascaras out there and I think the best Maybelline mascara has to offer. It didn't clump lashes together like Lash Sensational can, no fibers like Illegal lengths, and didn't fade like the Rocket, and no spidery flaking like Falsies.

It has dual ended bristle brushes, One for top lashes and a skinny one for the bottom.

I got length and thickness without clumps. Big eyes also curls my straight lashes without a curler. It's easy to build but gives impact on one coat. I have had success applying with the big brush, then using the skinny brush to separate my lashes. I've also just used the skinny brush alone, for a more natural look. The color stayed true with no flakes on top and bottom lashes. Also easy clean-up with my foaming face wash. It's a winner!

I liked this mascara, it gives good volume. The small wand is very good for getting the bottom lashes and the smaller lashes in the corners of the eye. The only problems I had with this mascara was the small amount of flaking toward the end of the day and the mascara is kind of dry which would some times irritate my eyes and make them itch, leading to more flaking. So, I guess this mascara wasn't for me. But If your eyes don't get irritated easily, I think it would be a good buy.

I actually really like this, and I'm surprised, as I don't normally like Maybelline mascaras. But I would actually repurchase it. I like the double wand...both ends do what they're supposed to. The big wand adds volume, length, and separates my lashes nicely. Little to no clumping, flaking, streaking, smudging, or running, The smaller wand works well on bottom lashes...it's small enough to get in close, yet doesn't make a mess. The formula lasts a good 18 hour day. I will watch for sales, and stock up on this. It's a great everyday mascara. For special occasions, I'll still use my UD Perversion, but this is proving to be my workhorse mascara. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

eh, not a huge fan of this mascara. Its okay, but I definitely think Maybelline have done a lot better. I think the packaging was a clever idea, but I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes as it makes me look like a drunk drag queen so the separate wands were good as useless to me. As for the top lash wand, I really like how big the wand is. Great for people like me who have nubs as lashes. However, I found the bristles of the wand to really irritate my eyes when I apply the mascara, so I can't use this if I'm having a bad skin day. I also have a love hate relationship with the formula: somedays it will co-operate and make my lashes look nice, other days it slides off within an hour of applying it. It also doesn't hold my lashes in it's curl for as long as it claims. All in all, it's a fairly nice mascara but I just don't think it's the mascara for me. Much prefer my falsies flared :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE mascara! When I used Benefit's "They're Real!" I thought I would never find anything like it in stores...I was wrong! Big Eyes is AWESOME! I naturally have big eyes anyway, and this mascara is the perfect compliment! The plus is the brush for your lower lashes, it is perfect for catching those fine hairs as well as separating and prepping your upper lashes before using the upper lash brush. If you are looking for drama I highly recommend Big Eyes. It is a great product at a great price!