Chanel Sculpting Brow Pencil

Chanel Sculpting Brow Pencil

4.5

Hydrogenated vegetable oil, synthetic beeswax, carnauba wax, beeswax, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, glyceryl stearate, glyceryl oleate, citric acid. May contain: carmine, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, cl 77491, cl 77492 , iron oxides, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Price is way too expensive, but the product is pretty darn good.
I am blonde with a cool, light (not FAIR, just light) skin tone with pinkish hints on my face, but a warmer tone on the rest of my body.
I have this pencil in 10 Blond and it lines my brows beautifully. When I'm too lazy or don't have enough time, I can also fill my brows in with this. I just use light upward strokes and then blend with the spooly. Man do I love that spooly. It is what makes this pencil. Without the spooly, I would not use the pencil as it is a bit too blonde for me. I combine this with the ABH Brow Powder duo in Blonde (which is probably not the best shade for me but it's not too bad since my hair is light blonde). BACK TO THIS PENCIL, the staying power isn't great...smudges easily. I do not use a setting spray because for $30, I feel like this should work on its own. Sigh. Still the best I've found because of the spooly. Maybe I'll just keep the spooly and buy a new brow pencil....

on 8/26/2015 11:40:00 AM

This is amazing! I love it already and I've only had it for a week, I bought it in shade 40 (Brun Cendré) which is a perfect match for my dark brown eyebrows! Hallelujah there is no red or orangey warmness in this shade!!! You can use it for a quick filler when in a rush and you can also create the best eyebrows you've ever had with this by taking a good couple of minutes on them and using the brush on the other end after. What makes this so damn good is that it's a definite natural finish, so it's not shiny but it also does not make your brows look unnaturally mattified and all powdery. I hate that intense powdery look that powders and some pencils give sometimes. The spoolie brush on the bottom of the pencil blends it perfectly through my brows and once I'm done it looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all, infact my sister noticed my brows and said that my eyebrows look like they've 'grown out so well' *mwahaha evil laugh, she doesn't even know I've filled them in!* This will work amazingly for people with both thin and thick brows. I have a tiny bit of sparseness in my eyebrows and this 100% solves that issue. The only thing I would say is that this may not work for you if you have no eyebrows AT ALL and you want to draw them on completely because this pencil has a medium-ish hardness/opacity.

To Read all 173 Reviews, Login or Join

the best

on 3/1/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 40 brun cendre. I am cool-toned, NW15 with dark brown hair/eyes but my eyebrow hairs are black and plucked way too thin (plucked once in the mid 1990s and never grew back, ugh).

Unfortunately this color was still too brown and warm for me to use. It may be fine for filling in thicker but sparser brows but when you need to literally draw on brows like me, the color mismatch is very notable.

Also, the texture is creamier and heavier than I like for my brow pencils. It's very easy to overdo it because it's so pigmented and creamy. Again, that's probably fine for filling in brows, but it just didn't suit how I use brow pencils.

I did like how the pencil came with its own sharper, though.

on 9/21/2014 7:26:00 PM

I have this in blonde and the shade is really fantastic for those with light hair and fair skin. Being a pencil you have control over the thickness of the line, I use very sharp thin lines to create fullness in the very sparse areas near the top of my nose then more blunt thicker lines to define outwards. Blending using the brush end to finish. It is expensive for a brow pencil but it comes with everything you need (sharpener, brush) and lasts for a ridiculously long time. Will buy again if I ever run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My go to pencil. I'm not a fan of retractable due to the small amount of product you get. This pencil comes with a perfect little comb AND a sharpener with every purchase.

I have very dark black brown hairs but some patchy areas. I mix the 40 and the 60 for the right amount of definition and density without looking fake.

While some may find Chanel expensive, it is totally worth the price considering how long the pencil will last you.

I have this in 40 brun cendre and I like it a lot! I have black hair and this gives me a natural looking set of eyebrows. Downside is that it's pricey (but can be purchased duty free for almost half the price!) and doesn't last very long. However, with a good eyebrow gel, it stays on like a charm even after a run at the gym.

on 3/29/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I own this in the fairest shade - 10.
It comes with a great Chanel branded sharpener & a spoolie at one end to comb through your brows afterwards. I like the metal lids that add a touch of quality. The pencil just leans too red for me, and I'm someone with reddish undertones in my hair. The lines aren't as accurate or subtle as you get with an automatic pencil, which is important when you gave sparse, small brows.

on 11/19/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Will repurchase over and over. Brun cendre is the perfect color for my dark hair - not too red like most brow products, hooray! Love the texture. Staying power leaves a bit to be desired, as with all softer brow pencils, but I always set with a brow gel anyway so it's doable. I prefer a softer, more blendable pencil and subtler brows than sharp brows that wear like iron.

on 9/7/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this for years. It stays on all day, looks natural. Comes with a sharpener (a very sharp one) and has a brush on the end. Top quality.

Popular Brows Products