Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

3.8

-Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide: Provides broad spectrum SPF 30. -Titanium Dioxide 10.26% -Zinc Oxide 5.76% Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Arbutin, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Magnesium Sulfate, Mica, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Carbonate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First I've tried a sample and I thought that we could be friends, but...

Pros:
- does not accentuate dry patches
- goes on nicely if applied with fingers (brush and sponge leave strokes)
- can be layered

Cons:
- it never dries, no matter how much setting powder I put on top (I can make my face turning white and CC cream appear cakey, but it won't set!)
- it sinks into fine lines, it moves from high points of the face into low points
- I've got more redness and some small pimples on my forehead (perhaps due to vitamin C, I've usually intolerant to it, what was I thinking....)
- it's nearly impossible to match your skin tone. First I've tested Light/Medium, it was too dark, so I've ordered Light/Medium and Light. When Light/Medium came it was actually matching my skin tone, so I guess there is certain shade inconsistency. My sample looked very tan while an actual product that I got wasn't. Light shade is very pinky and ashy. Blending two together doesn't give a good result.

I really need a good BB / CC cream, so I continue my research. Won't recommend.

on 5/1/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite CC-cream. Works as a spf, a foundation and a moisturizer. Just got my second tube.

I got a couple of sample packets from all the PTR stuff I've been buying. Not impressed...
The color is very dark on fair skin, and an unflattering hue...kinda red orange.
It sparkles, so pores look like craters. And it's just generally a nuisance product...doesn't do anything but add to your routine.
The only positive I can say is after you wash off your makeup, your skin does look firmer, lifted and generally nicer...but the color makes it not worth the trouble.
I would never buy this and the samples I have left are getting tossed.
Not a winner.

on 12/13/2016 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is just not all that. No pore minimizing effect, kind of too glowy and light/medium, the lightest shade is way too dark for my NC25 skin. Was very unflattering and made me look older. Will return..

on 5/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I generally dislike using foundation or cc cream etc because I sweat too much and my face breaks out easily with whiteheads. But this cc cream is an exception. It has a medium coverage and makes my skin looks flawless and beautiful. It doesn't break me out at all which is incredible ( I also use Olay or Shiseido serum underneath it). The SPF is great. This is truly an excellent product. The downsides are that it is very pricey and they have limited colors mostly suitable for medium skin.

on 12/18/2015 2:57:00 PM

I recieved a delux sized sample in light to medium. I would say this is more of a medium. My skin is a Mac NC15, UD 3.5. This CC cream is very orange on my skin and did not change at all once applied (unlike the Stila, Quo, Boscia). I can't really speak to the CC aspect of this product because the color light to medium is orange and stays orange on my skin. The texture is nice and feels nice and light on the skin. I wouldn't buy this again because I think there are CC creams that do amazing things and this isn't it.

on 4/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

perfect coverage and finish

I tried a lot of BB and CC creams before I tried this one, and I love it. I mix a little with the PTR glycolic acid moisturizer and my face instantly looks smoother and younger. I think the price point on PTR products are extremely reasonable compared to other products, and for the quality it seems to be a bargain. I used to spend a ton on La Mer but I like the PTR products just as well.

Love.

on 9/15/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I found the product to be WAY too thick in consistency. If this were a drugstore product, I wouldnt most likely repurcjade but at 55$ a tube, no thanks. I do have to say, the skincare claims it promises are true. But only as long as you use it every single day consistently. It has a dewy finish and is light-medium coverage but also buildale. If you try going for a full coverage it may loo cakey because this does not hide pores in the slightest!