3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I didn't want to like this as much as I did, primarily because PTR is an overpriced brand with waaay overblown claims, nonexistent or minimal antioxidants in their products, and too many jars (which renders actives null, as well as a convenient medium for bacteria/viral growths). I got it half-priced and if I found it half-priced again, I would buy it. The application is smooth, the coverage even and it doesn't fade during all day wear. The amount of physical UVA-blocking sunscreen was the selling point for me. I use it from face to neck and upper chest depending on the shirt I'm wearing, with a colorless sunscreen applied everywhere else. The tinting and sunscreen are the only selling points, as it doesn't contain any antioxidants or skin-repairing ingredients; nevertheless, a strong sunscreen is the only defense against aging, wrinkles & discolorations. Ignore any and all foundation/BB/CC labels. These are not FDA-regulated even slightly and used at the manufacturer's whim rather than based on anything. It's all the same stuff with another label du jour to get you to buy it thinking it's different somehow.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

First I've tried a sample and I thought that we could be friends, but... Pros: - does not accentuate dry patches - goes on nicely if applied with fingers (brush and sponge leave strokes) - can be layered Cons: - it never dries, no matter how much setting powder I put on top (I can make my face turning white and CC cream appear cakey, but it won't set!) - it sinks into fine lines, it moves from high points of the face into low points - I've got more redness and some small pimples on my forehead (perhaps due to vitamin C, I've usually intolerant to it, what was I thinking....) - it's nearly impossible to match your skin tone. First I've tested Light/Medium, it was too dark, so I've ordered Light/Medium and Light. When Light/Medium came it was actually matching my skin tone, so I guess there is certain shade inconsistency. My sample looked very tan while an actual product that I got wasn't. Light shade is very pinky and ashy. Blending two together doesn't give a good result. I really need a good BB / CC cream, so I continue my research. Won't recommend.

About reviewer (647 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

My favorite CC-cream. Works as a spf, a foundation and a moisturizer. Just got my second tube.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I got a couple of sample packets from all the PTR stuff I've been buying. Not impressed... The color is very dark on fair skin, and an unflattering hue...kinda red orange. It sparkles, so pores look like craters. And it's just generally a nuisance product...doesn't do anything but add to your routine. The only positive I can say is after you wash off your makeup, your skin does look firmer, lifted and generally nicer...but the color makes it not worth the trouble. I would never buy this and the samples I have left are getting tossed. Not a winner.

About reviewer (190 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

This is just not all that. No pore minimizing effect, kind of too glowy and light/medium, the lightest shade is way too dark for my NC25 skin. Was very unflattering and made me look older. Will return..

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I generally dislike using foundation or cc cream etc because I sweat too much and my face breaks out easily with whiteheads. But this cc cream is an exception. It has a medium coverage and makes my skin looks flawless and beautiful. It doesn't break me out at all which is incredible ( I also use Olay or Shiseido serum underneath it). The SPF is great. This is truly an excellent product. The downsides are that it is very pricey and they have limited colors mostly suitable for medium skin.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

4 years ago

I recieved a delux sized sample in light to medium. I would say this is more of a medium. My skin is a Mac NC15, UD 3.5. This CC cream is very orange on my skin and did not change at all once applied (unlike the Stila, Quo, Boscia). I can't really speak to the CC aspect of this product because the color light to medium is orange and stays orange on my skin. The texture is nice and feels nice and light on the skin. I wouldn't buy this again because I think there are CC creams that do amazing things and this isn't it.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

perfect coverage and finish

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I tried a lot of BB and CC creams before I tried this one, and I love it. I mix a little with the PTR glycolic acid moisturizer and my face instantly looks smoother and younger. I think the price point on PTR products are extremely reasonable compared to other products, and for the quality it seems to be a bargain. I used to spend a ton on La Mer but I like the PTR products just as well.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

Love.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24