L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution

3.9

aqua, hexylene glycol, glycerin, poloxamer 184, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, disodium EDTA, polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this micellar water and the Garnier Micellar water at the same time and tried this one first.

I loved it! Apply some product to a cotton pad, swipe over face and watch as makeup comes away. My mascara (not waterproof) put up a bit of a fight, but came away after a few extra passes over. Finished with my trusty Dove Cleansing Cloths, and they came away still white! No mascara residue there.

This formula was gentle on my eyes, a big concern for me because of my contact lenses!

The only downside is that the bottle/lid is terrible for dispensing some product without dribbling it all over the lid and down the side. Also, this bottle is about half the size of the Garnier one for around the same price, so more bang for your buck there, but I prefer the L'Oreal.

When I finally finish the Garnier bottle (that doesn't work as well in my opinion), I'll be back to buying L'Oreal.

on 7/9/2016 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had high hopes for this micellar water. I had previously been using L'Oreal's genesis gel cleanser which was the most effective makeup remover I had ever purchased, and was looking for a product that was effective at removing makeup and had at least some other benefits to the skin.

Firstly and most importantly, this product is not an effective makeup remover for me in that it doesn't remove my mascara well and I find it irritating to my eyes.

Secondly the bottle is terrible for dispensing as the product has a water-like consistency and pours out of the hole far too easily and it is difficult to control dispensing.

Thirdly, my skin is slightly irritated and reddened after use. I also feel like there is a greasy film on my face after use.

It's okay at removing foundation and eyeshadow, so I used it up for the sake of using it up. Will not repurchase.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I use Loreal's micellar water as a 2nd step of my skin care routine rather than the first make up remover. After already removing my make up with a foaming cleanser, I use it to remove the remainings of my make up and mainly to soothe and tone my skin. I have found it very useful for this purpose, it leaves my skin feeling very pure and does not dry it at all. It soothes any kind of break out that I might have, leaves the skin glowing and after using it for few weeks I found it also helped with clogged pores. The product does take a minute or two to dry, but I don't find that a problem. I think it's a very good product for its price and I have even used it as a replacement for some more expensive high-end skin cleansers and toners that I had previously used as I think this one does as good of a job.

Hated it...broke me up really badly, felt like sweet sixteen all over again. Gals with combination skin, beware of that devil

on 7/19/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this break me out. It has hexylene glycol, which is comedogenic

I am just finishing up my second bottle and I just love I just love this stuff! I used a cotton pad and I loved how it removed all of my makeup while feeling fresh and cleansed. It literally feels like water. I recommend this to anybody that needs an affordable way to remove makeup easily and tired of buying makeup wipes. It also doesn't dry out my skin which is the most important thing. I am probably going to try the Garnier Micellar once I'm done with this bottle and update this review with a comparison in the future.

PROs:
-Affordable ($7 on sale!)
-Feels like water
-Removes makeup (have not tested on waterproof mascara)

CONs:
-Leaves a little sticky residue (but it rinses clean and I follow up with using a cleanser)

Update: This micellar water does not remove waterproof mascara very easily. The mascara flakes off and I end up tugging the eye area (which is not ideal). It takes some time to remove it completely. I use the Maybelline the Rocket Waterproof mascara.

on 7/10/2015 11:56:00 AM

As with other micellar waters I've tried, I don't use them to take off my full face of makeup but use them more as an eye makeup remover instead. The best one I've found so far is still BioDerma, but as that can be a bit on the pricey side here in the UK, I'm always on the lookout for alternatives.

This one was OK. It did remove my eye makeup pretty well, although I think it took a few more swipes with the cotton pad/ball compared with the BioDerma. It struggled a bit with my mascara, both normal and waterproof, although it made pretty light work of my gel eyeliner which did surprise me as this was the one thing I thought it would struggle with.

A definite plus point for me is that this one's fragrance free. I don't like the idea of putting anything fragranced on my face, but especially on or near my eyes which have a tendency to be on the sensitive side and react badly to overly-scented products.

Overall I don't think I would go out to specifically repurchase this, but if it was on offer somewhere I would probably pick up a couple of bottles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product probably one of the better micellar waters that I have tried. Good value for the price (200ml bottle) However the packaging could be a little more product efficient. It is a sleek well designed bottle however it hasn't got a dispensing lid just a hole that the product seems to flow through a little bit too easily. On another note this product isn't drying on the skin, it's perfect for first thing in the morning cleansing and last thing at night to remove the last traces of oil,grime and product build up that other cleansers at have missed However as a complete cleanser it literally disolves your make up making it perfect and gentle enoufh to remove the most stubborn of eye make up just soak a pad and leave it on the eye for a few seconds. Thankfully it's unscented as far as I can tell. Sadly far too many use a 'natural' scent that winds up smelling chemically. Definitely a repurchase kind to skin and to your wallet

on 4/14/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't love this, but I also don't hate it. The packaging is pretty, very sleek, but it is flimsy. My lid broke the very first day. I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this did not break me out at all, but it doesn't combat oil. (Not that I expected it to, as it does say it is for dry/normal skin). The scent is pretty neutral, nothing over the top. The solution itself leaves a bit of a sticky residue on my skin until it is completely dry. I LOVE the simplicity of it. Coming home after a LONG day at work, the last thing I want is to have to scrub my makeup away.. This product definitely makes it less of a chore! I have not tried other micellar solutions (such as Garnier), because it is currently unavailable in Canada, so I would repurchase this simply because of lack of other (INEXPENSIVE) options!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What an amazing micellar water! I'm totally in love with Bioderma, and it's quite accessible for me since I can get it super easily in Canada. However, it's still a little bit pricier than I would like it to be. So, I was psyched about L'oreal coming out with one of these micellar waters.

It doesn't really have a scent and it is so gentle when removing makeup. It removes everything super easily with a cotton pad and you don't even have to rinse afterwards. I think it's totally comparable to Bioderma and I absolutely love it. Already on my second bottle.