Tom Ford Sable smoke lipstick

Tom Ford Sable smoke lipstick

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think I've given any product a "5" for price in a very long time. But, oh so worth it! Why not add a little luxury into ev day life?? I wear my best perfumes every day, I use my best makeup, I wear clothes that aren't rags. And my #1 & #2 weakness respectively are lip products & perfume. OK i go to Kroger & can spend $30-$40 on ditzel junk it's not hard ev1s done it but I'm not going to do that anymore I'm going to be v e r y conscious of what I spent so I can spend more of it on quality rather than quantity. So this lipstick. This is definitely quality -- old worlde glamourouss Bridget Bardot sexy siren sexpot languidly lavish. The color is a peachy nude satin Finish so much more depth than MAC freckletone/peachstock/myth, sheer AND riche & im surprised some glambo celebutante hasn't swooped in to claim this for herself like a la Kim KW or Kylie. I'm going to shove all of my wnw lipsticks into a drawer if I don't look at them for a couple months then they are outtie! Life's too short to wear bad lipstick!! #mynewfavething

on 9/22/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

OMG IM OBSESSED this product is so creamy, rich and glides on like silk! I've never came across such beautiful packaging and quality, this product has lasted me over a year and I use it daily. Perfect tone for day and night looks. I'm forever obsessed. This is a must buy

on 8/25/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first tried this color, I was having a hard time finding peachy nudes I liked. I loved Rouge D'Armani in Beige 102 and had gone through several tubes of that but it's not heavily pigmented. I thought this was a richer version of that color, but I should have just stuck with my Armani. I had already tried MAC Freckletone and Peachstock and they were borderline wash-me-out colors but this one somehow worked.

However, I won't buy again because after having this for a few months, both Sable Smoke and Pink Adobe smell like Silly Putty. It's as if they've gone rancid. Yet my MAC lipsticks, stored in the same room, still smell like vanilla.

For the amount of money Tom Ford charges, instead of the boxy square lipstick tube that is supposed to make me feel as if I'm getting a more prestigious product, I'd really appreciate it more if the lipsticks didn't smell like plastic or rubber.

I've since discovered Charlotte Tilbury and purchased Hepburn Honey to replace Tom Ford's lippie. It's similar to Sable Smoke but not as pale, and I actually prefer it. It has more depth, and is a beautiful caramel shade, and the scent is vanilla. It's less expensive. Her lipstick is $32. His is $52. If I wanted a really pale beige nude, I'd go with Mod in Bobbi Brown Luxe, which is $35, still cheaper than Tom.

on 1/17/2015 2:52:00 PM

Superb. Replicates 1960s' Mary Quant nude lip glamour. So perfect understated partner for smokey eye intensity. Texture, longevity and packaging also impressive. Mr Ford at his very best!

on 1/22/2015 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

THE BEST NUDE LIPSTICK FOR TAN SKIN. I would never shell out for such a lipstick full price unless it was one of a kind. I love nude colors, I have many ranging from mostly the "pale nude" where it looks borderline too light on my pigmented lips, to the 90's browny-nude lipsticks.... but none are that perfect middle. Too pink, too peachy, too brown, too light(most of the time)....ive tried everything and Im so happy to have found the perfect nude lipstick. Of course it just HAD to be from Tom Ford*sigh*. Aside from the color, the formula is thick and opaque lasting quite a while. The packaging is swoon worthy, but my only complaint is that it's too big to fit into my lipstick holder with individual slots, what a hard life.

I am not high off the brand's name or the price I paid, one of the best lipsticks around. Absolutely worth it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is lipstick is the PERFECT nude color! I wasn't even looking for lipstick when I went in but after trying it on I had to have it.. The price is slightly higher than I wohkd like to pay however the color is so beautiful on my skin color that I HAD to have it. This is my new favorite!

on 10/6/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. Excellent wear and pigment. I agree with the previous reviewer the undertones are peach. Great with a smokey eye. You can do so much with this lipstick. Put a gloss or another lipstick to the bottom lip in the center to give it an ombre look. It's pricey but you can't beat the staying power of Tom Ford's lipsticks! Well worth the money.

on 12/31/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Tom Ford pisses me off with his outrageous prices for makeup and perfumes that simply aren't worth the price, but Sable Smoke is one of his gems. I have a tanned/ medium skintone, and wearable nudes are just impossible for me to find. Myth, Belle de Jour, Creme d'Nude, Subculture lip pencil, Colour Riche Nudes, YSL Sensual Silk, Honolulu Honey, Turkish Delight... they always look like crap on me, and "off" with my coloring. Too pink, chalky, grey, pale ("nude" shouldn't equal "no lips"), or they just disappear into my lips like MAC Jubilee and I look like I'm not wearing anything. Sable Smoke DOESN'T. It actually gives me the gorgeous Bardot nude mouth that isn't washed out. My only critique is that this lipstick is quick thick in texture and full coverage; I like to swipe it on and then dab my lips just a bit with my fingertips to smooth it out a bit. This is a peachy nude (but not a pale peach lipstick like MAC Freckletone) and I find I can match it with many lipliners (MAC Stripdown, Whirl) to tweak the color just a bit for various looks.

on 3/25/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I only have 2 lipsticks--seriously. This is the perfect nude (peachy beige) lipstick and the texture is creamy and the wear is perfect. I put BB Nougat lip gloss over it. It is $49 and totally expensive but perfect.

This is a fantastic lipstick where the colour is not too beige (aka nars belle de jour- which makes me look a little ill if I wear it). The colour is rich, smooth, creamy and lasts through the day, it also doesn't dry my lips out. The Giorgio Armani lipsticks will still win me over this but only due to the bulkier square packaging of the Tom ford, and the fact that the Tom ford lipstick has that really old school 'lipsticky' smell and taste that I didn't even know was possible! However the product itself wins over the cons and I will definitely buy more of these :)