Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 Spray

Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 Spray

3.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3). Homosalate (15). Octisalate (5). Octocrylene (4). Oxybenzone (6). Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Isobutane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Get thee behind me satanic sunblock! Chemical sunscreens are well-known for staining, but this one takes the cake. I don't know what is in this spray, but when my brother used it on a recent vacation, it ruined everything he touched. It stained the concrete patio he was on when he sprayed it on, stained the trunks he wore, and stained, then bleached the towel he used, and discolored his sandals. Not to mention that it smelled like an Aqua-Net and STP gas treatment cocktail.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love how this behaves on my skin. It makes it feel soft, and almost a smoother appearance. My only qualm is the smell! Everyone else seems to love it but to me it's nauseating. It's a very warm tropical-y scent, and makes me motion sick. If I breathe through my mouth for half an hour after applying (thats about how long to wait with chemical sunscreens before applying something else...I think?) then I can apply a body spray or something and that helps. This would be 100% my holy grail if not for the scent. If you're good with warm scents though, give it a shot! It's amazing otherwise!

on 9/7/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
- waterproofs nicely
- long lasting
- no white cast on my NC41 skin

Cons:
- feels a little uncomfortable on skin
- adds an unnatural shine to skin
- feels tacky to touch while applying

on 6/26/2015 4:29:00 PM

This is my go to sunscreen when I'm at the pool or beach.I love that it's a spray and that it doesn't smell like your traditional sunscreen. I love being outdoors so the SPF 70 is great if you'll be out for a long time.I never would put this on my face though,I always use a facial sunscreen that's oil free for face.

I picked this up on a whim at Target because I liked the price and it had everything I was looking for, plus the name is cute. A few days out, I can't say enough good things about it. First off- the smell! It has a great unexpected floral/beachy scent that is amazing. I have been working a summer camp this week and with regular application, I haven't had any burn or redness at all. The product is not sticky and sprays very finely in the skin, making it quick to apply. I have used it on my face with no breakouts or irritation. My fellow camp leaders have been borrowing it for the smell and consistency alone and I started using it on the campers in my group so I didn't have to get my hands sticky with all of their sunscreens. I think this is going to to be my "go to" sunscreen from now on and it's the first one I can see myself applying daily even for my normal (non-camp) activities because it doesn't leave me sticky or greasy.