Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 Spray

Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 Spray

4.5

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3). Homosalate (15). Octisalate (5). Octocrylene (4). Oxybenzone (6). Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Isobutane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love how this behaves on my skin. It makes it feel soft, and almost a smoother appearance. My only qualm is the smell! Everyone else seems to love it but to me it's nauseating. It's a very warm tropical-y scent, and makes me motion sick. If I breathe through my mouth for half an hour after applying (thats about how long to wait with chemical sunscreens before applying something else...I think?) then I can apply a body spray or something and that helps. This would be 100% my holy grail if not for the scent. If you're good with warm scents though, give it a shot! It's amazing otherwise!

on 9/7/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
- waterproofs nicely
- long lasting
- no white cast on my NC41 skin

Cons:
- feels a little uncomfortable on skin
- adds an unnatural shine to skin
- feels tacky to touch while applying

on 6/26/2015 4:29:00 PM

This is my go to sunscreen when I'm at the pool or beach.I love that it's a spray and that it doesn't smell like your traditional sunscreen. I love being outdoors so the SPF 70 is great if you'll be out for a long time.I never would put this on my face though,I always use a facial sunscreen that's oil free for face.

I picked this up on a whim at Target because I liked the price and it had everything I was looking for, plus the name is cute. A few days out, I can't say enough good things about it. First off- the smell! It has a great unexpected floral/beachy scent that is amazing. I have been working a summer camp this week and with regular application, I haven't had any burn or redness at all. The product is not sticky and sprays very finely in the skin, making it quick to apply. I have used it on my face with no breakouts or irritation. My fellow camp leaders have been borrowing it for the smell and consistency alone and I started using it on the campers in my group so I didn't have to get my hands sticky with all of their sunscreens. I think this is going to to be my "go to" sunscreen from now on and it's the first one I can see myself applying daily even for my normal (non-camp) activities because it doesn't leave me sticky or greasy.