L'Oreal Eye & Lip Make-up Remover

L'Oreal Eye & Lip Make-up Remover

3.3

on 5/4/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found a perfect eye makeup remover. I have three others that work, but this one is superior. It has no scent, it doesn't irritate, and it works instantly. I had on 6 coats of layered mascaras (which I don't usually do but I was experimenting) so I was amazed at how quickly and easily it melted them right off. I used the same method as I do with the other brands: Do one eye at a time. Shake well, then apply to cotton square, hold to lashes gently for a moment, wipe downward once, then do the same with the other side of the cotton; then rinse off the cotton and wipe downward several times with water on a wrung out cotton square until there is no more black coming off the lashes. You only need to wet the cotton once with the remover, use both sides of the cotton, then do the rest with water. This is much cheaper than the Vichy or Lancome removers. It is not greasy like the Cover Girl. It works faster and better than all of them.

Update May 12/16: This irritated and increased the rash caused by a concealer, which was healing. Clearly it should not be used if you have any irritated skin at all. I can't use it at least until my current rash is gone. I am staying away from these removers for the time being. (May 27 - I ended up throwing it out. I am so fed up with getting a new burning itching red rash around the eyelids just from using a remover that worked fine for a while, so I am going back to soap and water, and mascaras that are easily removed with soap and water. Right now I am using nothing at all to let the skin heal again.)
Update July 14, 2016: I have used no makeup for a month because of the chemical burn I got from removers like this.

on 5/3/2016 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this make up remover for years and love it. I've tried many others including Lancome and Clarins but always return to this tried and tested. I wouldn't purchase anything else. I've tried the other gentle version (oil free for sensitive skin) and didn't think it was as good. I wear heavy mascara and this takes it off with ease and never irritates my skin which is very sensitive, and never stings my eyes.

Best make up remover ever.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/30/2016 6:31:00 PM

I purchased this while on travel, just because I run out of my Lancome Bi-Facils which then I could not find in the local stores. I had no high expectations whatsoever, but it turned out to be one of the better makeup removers I have tried. It is very effective and very gentle to the eyes. Dissolves and removes my heavy eye makeup in seconds without irritating eyes like most other eye makeup removers. It is also not heavily scented, which is a big bonus. A little goes a long way, making this product a really good value for money.

on 2/7/2016 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Does a decent job. Can leave a slightly greasy finish.

I only buy when its 3 for 2, as don't think its worth the full price

on 12/29/2015 8:26:00 AM

It's pretty basic product but it does the job for the price.
Pros: easy to find, sold everywhere; often on the discount which makes it super affordable; not very oily, just enough to get the makeup off; doesn't irritate my eyes or lips
Cons: cheap packaging; not the best on getting off liquid lipstick
Before I've tried this I was using Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover which is nice but it was too oily for my liking.

on 11/15/2015 1:30:00 AM

Why the negative reviews? This works and takes off stubborn gel liner and if you let it soak on your lashes for a bit longer it helps take off waterproof mascara.

It does leave a slight oily residue, but I always go over with toner to get wipe off the residue or wash my face.

Price, well in AU its about $13, so I usually wait it to go on special.

My only gripe is the packaging. I find the opening nozzle really annoying and needs to be designed better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best makeup remover I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. This product doesn't irritate my eyes like most other makeup removers. It also takes off my waterproof mascara and eyeliner like no other.

I am really shocked to see the bad reviews for this product. This product needs to be shaken well before use due to the oil component separating. If you don't shake it, it will not work properly.

on 3/15/2015 4:27:00 PM

Don't buy this it's a waste of $$. Barelly removes regular make-up let along waterproof.

on 2/11/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not sure why previous 2 reviews are bad. The remover is very good. It is thick, removed my waterproof mascara and thick foundation easily, glides so gently. Thumbs way up

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely terrible: oily, ineffective, thin and weird-smelling.
I believe the technical term is bleugghhh.
I had read a blogger review of this remover somehwere, and sadly gave in to impulse to take it home the other day (I normally use Simple Eye Makeup Remover or Bioderma Sensibio Micellar lotion).
Over the last few months I have been using a long-wearing waterproof eyeliner, so I thought this might be the go at getting it all off with less rubbing of the eye area.
It says "non-greasy" on the bottle which is a lie - unfortunately I only noticed the globs of oil floating around in the two phase blue/clear liquid when I got home. Yes, I do realise that any remover that gets off waterproof makeup will have to have some kind of oil in it - I just didn't realise it would be so gloopy....
I needed three soaked cotton pads to get everything off - and I don't even use waterproof mascara - and then another one with my normal remover to get rid of the oily film and black gunky pieces of makeup it left behind on my skin.
More rubbing than ever and a nice oily film clouding my vision for a few minutes. Bonus! Not.

Needless to say, it has been retired.