Peter Thomas Roth LASER-FREE RESURFACING EYE SERUM

2.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm very unsure of this product. I think it's too strong for my eyes (I wear contact lenses) and causes redness and irritaion. My eyes get all watery from it. But I still thinks it gives some results on the skin, and I really feel the eye area tightening. I wish I could use it, but as for now, it only collects dust in my bathroom.

Did nothing for me

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

When I first heard about this innovative eye serum, and the secret ingredient that it contained, I couldn’t help but be intrigued and had to try it immediately. Given the nature of the red resin, Dragon’s Blood is alleged to be excellent at reducing puffy eyes and repairing damaged skin from aging and sun-exposure.
Perfect. Right?
Well...Perhaps I need to use serum for longer than two weeks... but as I’ve found with almost EVERY eye cream/serum, I notice little to no improvement with dark circles or puffiness. Maybe these are just things that are beyond what a cosmetic can do. I like the feel of the product, and my fine lines quickly melted away...(as they do with most eye treatments).
Nevertheless, I still keep trying and buying them hoping that one day I will be able to slay the dragon once and for all!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item from BeautyBay and I haven't seen noticeable improvements in my under eye circles at all. It product description claims that 90% of users see results after 3 weeks but I didnt see any results thus far and I have used this religiously for over 2 months now. It also stings a lot in close contact to the eyes and makes me tear everytime. It seems very harsh in substance full of parabins. I will probably discontinue using this product because I feel like it might do more harm than good.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Purchased for mature eye issues and have been using for two months-absolutely no effect whatsoever. Did nothing, nada, zilch. Waste of money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE: After a few weeks I've given up on this serum for a few reasons. I don't find it absorbs into the skin at all. In fact an hour so after applying I have read gunk everywhere. I also don't see it even making the smallest difference in my under eye issues which are fine lines and some puffiness/crepiness. On the contrary, I've started using Mineral Fusion revitalizing eye treatment, and I can see a difference right away. And it's much less expensive.
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Because of the price, I would not buy again in a full size. I purchased a travel size with a recent PTR order. I will update this review in a few weeks. I've been using the product for about a week. I was skeptical, what is Dragon's Blood, anyhow? Sounded like hype. I did find some information and research that stated it's actually beneficial to the skin in some ways. Here are some studies: (Croton Lechleri genus)

I'm still not sold. Who knows if the preparations PTR uses are formulated correctly to give any benefit? Perhaps I'd be better off buying the extract as a stand alone to add to my face oils.

As for the serum, it smells really fruity, which I hate. It's pink in color. It's not watery, more like a gel almost. It does not absorb immediately into my skin, 5 to 10 minutes after application, the skin around my eyes is still tacky. For that reason I would wait before applying make up. The packaging is good, a nice pump nozzle, no issue getting the product out. Thus far it has not caused irritation, breakouts or other undesirable effects. We'll see if it does any good.

I'll update periodically.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have moderately sensitive skin under and around my eye area and I saw no burning or stinging while using this product. I do have a lot of sun damage due to working as a lifeguard at the beach for several years in my youth...we weren't good about sunscreen in the eighties, so I reap what I sowed. I do find this product has some good qualities, especially with smoothing the general skin texture around my eyes. I did see some minor improvement with fine lines, but I do not have much in the crows feet dept, so I can't speak to that issue. I saw quite a bit of improvement in evening out skin tone, puffiness, and dark circles. I feel using this in conjunction with a really good eye cream is the way to get the best results. I alternate between PTR's Power K Eye Rescue and YSL's Forever Eye Cream with this serum underneath....and get fairly decent results for a sun damaged, X-Smoker of 35 years.

After using this for about 3 weeks, this started to break me out around my eyes. I have never broken out there before and this is the only new product I have been using so I know that this is what is causing the breakouts. A week later and the breakouts turned into massive swelling around my eyes, and it can only be this cream that has caused it. I stopped using this for a couple of days, and when I restarted using this again within 12 hours my eyes were puffy and watering. I never had this reaction for the first couple of weeks so I really don't know why this has started now.

I haven't seen any improvement in my skin texture or my fine lines, so this will definitely not be something that I repurchase. I did love the lightweight gel texture though, and it would work great for oily skins as it moisturized without being greasy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this because I tanned A LOT when I was in high school (bad, I know), so I'm trying to help "reverse" some damage and prevent aging early. So far, I do like this product. It has a nice texture that isn't heavy on the skin. I've been using the Laser-Free Serum for about three weeks, and I found that it fills in the teeny, tiny fine lines around my eyes. Also, My dark circles are slowly fading. The only downside is that the formula does tingle a bit when applied so it's uncomfortable, but isn't unbearable and fades quickly. I do plan on purchasing again one day; though I think this stuff will last a lifetime, since a little goes a very long way!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this product since last August and I have not seen any difference in my fine lines. When I first apply this, it will sting for about ten mins and is just uncomfortable. Then it finally passes. In the beginning I thought that because this is a PTR product, it would be amazing and I had to keep using it. So I put up w/the burning-stinging sensation but it was all for nothing because I never noticed any difference at all. The dragons blood that he claims makes this product red and also amazing, I think is a lot of whooha & might be the reason people suffer from skin irritation when using this. I've had better results w/Strivectin and Philosophy. I would even try the drugstore before this, Neutrogena makes some great eye products now too! For half the price!