Simple Foaming Cleanser

Simple Foaming Cleanser
Foaming Cleanser

3.7

As of 2016.Water, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA

on 8/19/2016 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this because it was inexpensive - and it is for my 11 year old who has tween combination skin (mostly normal with oilier sections in T zone and whiteheads on the sides of her nose.

Not bad and not a HG. Did not break her out - but also she is not a heavy makeup wearer. (At least, not yet.)

So far so good.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser is good. Clean well for dry skin, non irritating, not drying. Been using for three weeks. No problem on eczema prone skin.
The only problem is it's hard to find on local stores.

on 7/5/2016 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Why oh why can't I find this at Target or CVS? I tried Walgreens and Walmart...nope. Had to order on eBay. Love this stuff. My face is stellar clean. Non irritating to my eyes. Easy to travel with. Love love love.

on 2/26/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Efficacy wise, this does a great job of removing the dirt and grime of the day and rinses easily. I am one to double cleanse with a micellar water before hand, but with this cleanser I only need that step for removing eye makeup. My face feels very clean, however as some users have already noted this may be one to skip if you have dry, barrier compromised skin. I tend to lean dry but have noticed no irritation, so ymmv. I probably wouldn't use this on my skin with a cleansing brush though, as I think that would push it into the "too harsh" category.

The packaging disperses quite a dense, soft, rich foam that doesn't dissipate during application. I made the mistake of using two pumps the first time and there was a lot of suds to wash off. The foam is denser than the Neutrogena Hydroboost foaming, and also rinses easier.

on 2/17/2016 4:26:00 PM

Amazing cleanser, my skin is usually breakout prone and so many drugstore products have not agreed with my skin. I'd definitely recommend this product is doesn't leave my skin dry or dull, it also has controlled the oil on my T zone.

HOLY GRAIL CLEANSER!

I would suggest using make up wipes before hand as it is not strong enough to take off heavy make up in one wash.

on 1/18/2016 2:25:00 PM

I love this cleanser! I agree with the review below me, I love this because it says exactly what its supposed to do which is cleanse skin removing impurities and makeup, nothing crazy or anything which is what I wanted. I also noticed that this cleanser works really well for cleansing my makeup brushes as well!

This cleanser has no fragrance so it doesnt irritate my skin at all. I hate fragrance in my skincare and its really hard to find fragrance free products these days.

I hope they keep making this! It is getting hard to find where I live!

Also I never have problems with this drying out my skin at all. I only use this at night to cleanse after removing makup. In the morning I use something like cetephil gentle cleanser.

Pros
-removes makeup
-no irritation
-non drying
-cleans
- no fragrance

cons
-hard to find in store

on 11/6/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this cleanser and I really love it. HG status, not because it does anything miraculous, but because it does what a cleanser needs to do and nothing else (this is becoming a rare feat for a cleanser these days, all of which seem so jam-packed with ridiculous garbage and BS marketing claims -- what good is a cleanser if it does everything except actually CLEANSE?!). It cleanses my skin with a gentle foam, rinses off in seconds (I really hate cleansers that take FOREVER to rinse off) and leaves my skin feeling simply clean.

Major advantage: because it is not fragranced, this is one of the only cleansers out there that is both clean-rinsing and non-irritating to my skin. I know there are a lot of cream cleansers that are designed for "sensitive skin," but my skin is both sensitive and oily, so I need something a little more hardcore that will really cut through the grease. This cleanser is perfect for that.

Major disadvantage: this cleanser can be very drying, ESPECIALLY around the eye area (so I'm careful to keep it away from there). What I like to do is emulsify my makeup with olive oil, then cleanse it all off with this cleanser -- it's powerful enough to take it all off in one pass!

I follow this up with a spritz of rosewater and then the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer (currently on my fourth bottle of that, and I'm pretty sure that's also my HG). Gotta give credit to Simple brand for staying true to their philosophy -- they get it done without irritation. No frills cleansing, no frills moisture. If you have skin that is both oily and sensitive like mine, I highly recommend that you try this cleanser! For ~$7.00 USD (and returnable at most places anyway if you hate it) it's worth a shot. Will keep repurchasing!

I did enjoy this cleanser because of the foaming aspect, but it did dry out my skin and irritate it. The price was great for the amount you get, but not worth the irritation that it caused. Save your money, there are better cleansers out there.

PROS:
-Removes most of my makeup
-Easy foam dispenser and overall packaging

CONS:
-Too drying
-Broke me out
-Plant oils are fragrant and irritates skin slightly

I do not recommend this cleanser for dry skin. Oily skin might enjoy this.

on 5/19/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this better than the cream version because it does not irritate my skin and eyes. There is not specifically extraordinary about this product but it does the cleansing work very well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not really a review, since I have never used this cleanser. I was in the market for a better cleanser however, and it seems Simple has reformulated both cleansers they sell/produce in the United States. I have added a photo of the updated ingredients list I found at a local Walmart here in the U.S. Hopefully this helps anyone. Also, I know it may be hard to see for some but I hope the new ingredients list shows clearly. It seems the 'oils' have been taken out and maybe some other ingredients, not sure.

Btw, it's annoying how they keep reformulating their products here in the U.S. and do not let consumers know about it or update the ingredients on their website.