3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

A combination physical & chemical scrub with a juicy tropical scent (pineapple and orange?) that makes it fun to use. Vegan and organic. The texture reminds me of Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula, and the ingredients list and the results I get are very similar. Very creamy and moisturising with enough scrubbies to be effective and gentle enough to be able to use everyday. Not harsh feeling. This also has the addition of extra chemical exfoliant enzymes, so you can leave it on after scrubbing as a mask while you shower. I find results similar to the Clinique in that I get lightly deflaked and smoothed skin, without feeling tight or stripped. Its not a super peel for a huge difference, rather it works gradually over several days so it can be used on older skin without removing too many layers. I won't buy again for two reasons. One is that the moisturising base gives me a few tiny whiteheads and blocked pores. I took a look at the ingredients and it is (same as for the Clinque) highly comedogenic on susceptible people. If you are older this may not be an issue and you can enjoy the moisture, but for acne prone I would say give this a miss. The second reason is that the scrubbies are very hard to rinse off as they stick to your skin like and any little peach fuzz hairs you have like glue. I have to spend several minutes in the shower vigorously rubbing away at my hairline and face to get the little grains off. Needless to say if this in the bath my body ends up covered with little grains and rinsing at the sink is useless as I just can't get them completely off my face.

About reviewer (1236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I am a scrub girl....I usually don't like a gentle scrub because I feel like they aren't cleansing enough. But this is the first gentle scrub that I really like. It is gentle, non-irritating to the skin and yet leaves skin feeling clean. My only complaint is not a lot of product for the price.

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

6 years ago

My first order from this company and I am very impressed with the quality of the products. This scrub is awesome, to me it smells like fresh donuts, to each is own I guess? ;) The texture is nice and delicate I feel like I am getting a decent exfoliation with out a harsh gritty texture in other exfoliant products. My other favs are Jack Black and Laura Mercier (sp?) scrubs. The size of the tube is perfect, a good value for this quality. I also love that their products are vegan. Good stuff :)

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Well to be honest the smell is like sticking your nose into a tropical vacation for your face! Also to be honest it's a scrub and therefor it exfoliates my skin its not rough i don't feel like its cutting into my skin. My face feels refreshed after i wipe it off. I use it about two times a week especially during the hot days when my skin tends to dry out more than usual. Helps well with getting those dry patches off.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

6 years ago

Love this scrub. The smell is fantastic and makes you want to eat a bunch of fruits. This is best used in the shower. I first scrub my face and leave it on, then I wash it off when my shower is done. The enzyme in the scrub will buff all the dead skin cells leaving my skin very smooth.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This stuff is amazing. It smells like pineapple, mango, papaya ice cream! So delicious, and it feels creamy and exfoliating at the same time. Many exfoliants are too harsh for my skin (especially in the winter time) but I can use this every day and my skin feels great afterwards, it drinks up any products put on afterwards, but without feeling dry or harshly stripped. I was a little surprised by the size of the bottle, because it seems like it's thinner than the picture shown here, but my disappointment quickly faded after trying the product. Amazing. I'm loving MT products more every day!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

6 years ago

I love this scrub, i have very sensitive skin so its hard for me to find a scrub that doesn't leave me in hives or red blotches the rest of the day, this scrub though oh my. It keeps my skin so hydrated and my skin tone has brightened. Also the smell i wish there was a way to send the smell to you through here! But it smells like an island or like if hawaii had a smell this would be hawaii lol. Oh also the scrub part of it is very gentle yet still rakes away the dead skin cells.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I love the smell, which is funny because to me it smells like Skittles, very artificial, but I don't mind it. The texture is great. The beads are not too big (like most jojoba bead scrubs) so you feel like you're getting the proper exfoliation. My face is used to a somewhat scratchy exfoliator so 90% of "gentle" exfoliators out there were not up to my standards, but I like this one because it has the scrubby texture I like, it's gentle, and has less toxic ingredients. I think it does a good job overall. I use this scrub after I cleanse my face. I don't find this to be an adequate cleanser AND exfoliator. UPDATE: I'm no longer using this. After using it for several months it proved to be quite lackluster and I eventually got sick of the smell.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

So far, this just appears to be an average scrub to me. Actually, it reminds me quite a bit of the Alba Pineapple Enzyme Scrub, but that scrub was essentially useless and only smelled good. I am a little disappointed that the exfoliant beads are ineffective (although jojoba beads tend to suck at exfoliating) and I did not feel that my skin was 100% cleansed after I had finished washing. I will continue to give this scrub a go, but I still think the best facial scrub is derma e's Microdermabrasion Scrub.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

Would make a perfect body scrub.The Smell is divine think fruit loops and Lychee mixed in together. I really like this scrub I used it as a face scrub and it was very nice to use and was hard not to eat it smelled very pleasant and sweet. I enjoyed using this scrub. Would I repurchase a big fat NO! Why not because it doesn't do what It claims to do. My skin doesn't feel like it was scrubbed and theres still dead skin on my face. St ives although harsh is way better than this and price is better. Do your self a favor and do not buy this scrub. It would be great as a body scrub tho it is meant for the face not worth it !

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive