Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Pout Lip Stain

No Image

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Review for: Velvet Matte cream lip stain in "Shocking" which is a blue based pinky lilac. It's different than anything I own kind of like something Snooki would wear lol I just wore it today & it wore well but wiped off good. I'm going to try it w a ton of bronzer tomorrow & winged out black eyeliner I think that would be cute! It's a cream so it doesn't dry out your lips. Normally $14 ea I got this from semi annual sale 6/2017 I wish I had gotten some other colors! I paid $4 for this can I say #winning !!!!

I got this in the shade Love Always as sort of a throwaway to make the cut for free shipping on my order (shipping to Canada would have been almost the same amount as this stain) and wow, I am in love. This is a bright glossy fuscia upon application, highly pigmented and not too sticky. As it wears off, it just becomes a lovely fresh pink stain on the lips. I adore products like benetint but generally prefer them in liquid, but this one is a keeper. Color lasts a good five hours which is more than can be said for some lipsticks. I am definitely going to try more colors next time I place an order; I was not expecting a standout makeup product from a lingerie shop.

This was my first lip stain, and I absolutely love it! I got it in Eternal Flame, which is a sweet pinkish-red that is noticeable but not too loud. It feels like a sticky lip gloss at first, but after a couple of hours, it dries into a stain. If I don't eat anything, I find that it can last me at least 7-8 hours. Even after I've blotted it off, my lips will stay red for another few hours. My boyfriend dislikes kissing me when I have lip balm or lip gloss on, so this product has really come in handy. My lips chap easily, but this stain doesn't dry them out, so that was a big plus as well. At $9 for each one ($15 for 2), it's a little more than I'd like to pay for lip stain, but I recently lost my first tube and am already looking to buy a replacement, so I guess I'm hooked!

on 2/12/2015 2:18:00 PM

I bought this VS lip stain color Stay Awhile. When I bought it I thought it would be a light pink. When I put it on within seconds it became a darker pink BUT to my surprise it looked very natural. Each time I use it I love it more. It does hydrate my lips and I even bought it during our MN winter. It does have a gloss at first then as I sip my coffee in the morning the gloss goes away but the pink still there which I like that this has a lasting effect. My daughter tried the same color and she has olive skin compared to my pale skin and it was much lighter on her lips. I love this product and will for sure buy it again. Of course it comes from VS so it does seem a little on the spendy side considering its in a more slender tube than there lip-gloss tubes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have it in pink and it lasts all day. Excellent stuff, yummy flavour and great fragrance smells. Long tube, silver cap. I like the packaging in that manner. I like silver caps and long tube, so it caught my eyes the darker pink colour , kinda remind me of UD (Urban Decay) I was broke yesterday for Sephora so this was a great catch. I'm sure most of you agree. I apply little on at a time, with the angle applicator, to much is no good, too much of anything is totally no good and not cool. Cool pink, put it n like a gloss, which I so, and wait a few minutes for it to dry and boom I'm ready to go, I do my eyeliner and meanwhile, while waiting for it to dry. Lasts thru meals, drinking, kissing, talking, and the day going by. Lots of product in the tube. This is a great item I purchased awesome.

on 2/26/2014 12:59:00 PM

First of all the color is a lot darker and brighter than what it seems, it seems to me that with time (a few xseconds after applying it the color changes). I hav very light/fair skin tone, and first time I wore Endless pink I was surprised and worried since the clor was a lot more than expected, and it lasted about 5 hours (only the first time). After that, the stain doesn't stay as promised, and it transfers. What I dislikethe most is that when the color fades, you can notices an effect that is not so desirable. Now just las about 1 hour if Im lucky and color is less brighter. Also think package could be improved, I have very thin lips, so its hard to apply. Would not buy again.

on 6/4/2013 5:21:00 AM

This is a combination gloss and stain. It is a tube applicator and the stain has a gel-like consistency which feels sticky and seems to remain sticky on the lips.

The colour looks much brighter on than it does in the tube (FYI I am a Mac NC25). I bought All Night Long which is the darkest colour. Surprisingly, the colour and shine lasts a very long time! At least 5 hours on me. I applied some in the morning and even after wiping it off when I had my morning coffee (prefer to wear rather than eat lippy) my lips were still evenly stained.

I found it a bit hard to apply because the tube applicator tends to smear the lip stain over your lips - I had to sort of smoosh it around to make sure it went all the way to the edges of my lips without going over onto my face. Probably this will be easier to do with practice!

The lip stain smells fruity - like berries - which I like! I've been using Clinique chubby sticks, which have a very faint crayon type smell and weirdly, I've been missing fruity/vanilla, etc. fragrances that you usually get with lip glosses.

All in all, I really like this lip stain. It's non-drying (and my lips dry out really quickly - they still feel fine at the end of the day), the colour shows up well on my lips (although note that my lips are very pale), I like the fragrance and the shine/stain lasts a very long time. I would purchase this particular colour again if I ran out. I probably wouldn't purchase any of the other colours (except Eternal Flame) because I don't know that the colour would show up on my lips.

**Edit: I still find it a bit messy to apply but it is my most used lip product - I've almost finished the tube of All Night Long (unusual for me)!

***Update: Almost finished my 2nd tube of All Night Long!

on 9/7/2013 6:04:00 PM

Yikes! This is definitely a stain and it shows up way way way darker than what the tube looks like. I purchased the lightest shade in "stay awhile" thinking it would leave just a sheer wash of color but dang this is too bright for me!! If you are into bright stains you might like but Im going to pass :)

on 10/14/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in two colors: All Night Long and Love Always. I like the slender tube that these come in, because they fit nicely in my pocket at work. I also like the fruity smell and slight taste these have. The gloss is thick and a little sticky, but it is very long lasting and not at all drying. A lot of stains go on feeling like paint, or very thin and then quickly dry out, but these wear just like any other gloss.
My one negative about these: in the tubes, the colors are pretty different, but the stain they leave is the same hot pink color for both. VERY bright pink. So be prepared for that. They tend to wear from the center of the mouth first, so I do have to reapply every few hours or I get that ring-around-the-mouth thing going. But with the narrow little applicator tip, it is pretty easy, I don't even feel like I need a mirror to touch up.
I would repurchase one of these, but not both. It doesn't matter which one, since the bright pink stain is the same either way. Pretty good product all around.

Popular Lips Products