Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Pout Lip Stain

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.0

on 2/26/2014 12:59:00 PM

First of all the color is a lot darker and brighter than what it seems, it seems to me that with time (a few xseconds after applying it the color changes). I hav very light/fair skin tone, and first time I wore Endless pink I was surprised and worried since the clor was a lot more than expected, and it lasted about 5 hours (only the first time). After that, the stain doesn't stay as promised, and it transfers. What I dislikethe most is that when the color fades, you can notices an effect that is not so desirable. Now just las about 1 hour if Im lucky and color is less brighter. Also think package could be improved, I have very thin lips, so its hard to apply. Would not buy again.

on 6/4/2013 5:21:00 AM

This is a combination gloss and stain. It is a tube applicator and the stain has a gel-like consistency which feels sticky and seems to remain sticky on the lips.

The colour looks much brighter on than it does in the tube (FYI I am a Mac NC25). I bought All Night Long which is the darkest colour. Surprisingly, the colour and shine lasts a very long time! At least 5 hours on me. I applied some in the morning and even after wiping it off when I had my morning coffee (prefer to wear rather than eat lippy) my lips were still evenly stained.

I found it a bit hard to apply because the tube applicator tends to smear the lip stain over your lips - I had to sort of smoosh it around to make sure it went all the way to the edges of my lips without going over onto my face. Probably this will be easier to do with practice!

The lip stain smells fruity - like berries - which I like! I've been using Clinique chubby sticks, which have a very faint crayon type smell and weirdly, I've been missing fruity/vanilla, etc. fragrances that you usually get with lip glosses.

All in all, I really like this lip stain. It's non-drying (and my lips dry out really quickly - they still feel fine at the end of the day), the colour shows up well on my lips (although note that my lips are very pale), I like the fragrance and the shine/stain lasts a very long time. I would purchase this particular colour again if I ran out. I probably wouldn't purchase any of the other colours (except Eternal Flame) because I don't know that the colour would show up on my lips.

**Edit: I still find it a bit messy to apply but it is my most used lip product - I've almost finished the tube of All Night Long (unusual for me)!

***Update: Almost finished my 2nd tube of All Night Long!

Popular Lips Products