Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Pout Lip Stain

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Review for: Velvet Matte cream lip stain in "Shocking" which is a blue based pinky lilac. It's different than anything I own kind of like something Snooki would wear lol I just wore it today & it wore well but wiped off good. I'm going to try it w a ton of bronzer tomorrow & winged out black eyeliner I think that would be cute! It's a cream so it doesn't dry out your lips. Normally $14 ea I got this from semi annual sale 6/2017 I wish I had gotten some other colors! I paid $4 for this can I say #winning !!!!

on 6/4/2013 5:21:00 AM

This is a combination gloss and stain. It is a tube applicator and the stain has a gel-like consistency which feels sticky and seems to remain sticky on the lips.

The colour looks much brighter on than it does in the tube (FYI I am a Mac NC25). I bought All Night Long which is the darkest colour. Surprisingly, the colour and shine lasts a very long time! At least 5 hours on me. I applied some in the morning and even after wiping it off when I had my morning coffee (prefer to wear rather than eat lippy) my lips were still evenly stained.

I found it a bit hard to apply because the tube applicator tends to smear the lip stain over your lips - I had to sort of smoosh it around to make sure it went all the way to the edges of my lips without going over onto my face. Probably this will be easier to do with practice!

The lip stain smells fruity - like berries - which I like! I've been using Clinique chubby sticks, which have a very faint crayon type smell and weirdly, I've been missing fruity/vanilla, etc. fragrances that you usually get with lip glosses.

All in all, I really like this lip stain. It's non-drying (and my lips dry out really quickly - they still feel fine at the end of the day), the colour shows up well on my lips (although note that my lips are very pale), I like the fragrance and the shine/stain lasts a very long time. I would purchase this particular colour again if I ran out. I probably wouldn't purchase any of the other colours (except Eternal Flame) because I don't know that the colour would show up on my lips.

**Edit: I still find it a bit messy to apply but it is my most used lip product - I've almost finished the tube of All Night Long (unusual for me)!

***Update: Almost finished my 2nd tube of All Night Long!