Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
image 1image 2image 3

3.2

This is the most amazing mascara I have ever tried. It lengthens my lashes while making them full and fluffy and is easy to apply even with the size of the brush. This is the first mascara that has left my lashes feeling full but not caked or stiff. It's a little expensive but worth it. Formula keeps well, just do not "pump" the brush in and out of the tube rapidly or you will push air into the tube and dry it out. I have hooded eyes and am able to apply this mascara, as long as I lift up my chin and look down slightly. It really pulls the lashes up and out, making a really pretty fanned out look. I used to use Dior Show but switched to this and I love it. The tapered tip makes it easy to grab smaller lashes.

on 4/24/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just don't understand the extreme Christmas tree shaped brush. It's so huge at the bottom that unless you have huge eyes and super long lashes you would never use this end. Worst of all, the pointier end always has a glop of mascara on it so you can't use that end to capture the inner corner lashes. You end up using the middle portion of the brush and that's awkward too. The formula is nice and holds curl but the wand just kills the whole product. The regular Smoky Lash is far better.

To Read all 167 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/4/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Adds nice color and doesn't irritate my eyes. That's about all. It doesn't make my lashes look any longer or fuller - there's nothing at all "extravagant" about the look this gives. This is harder to remove and tends to build up on my lashes, and it does run/stain the eye area. That, combined with the relatively high price and the lack of performance, makes me say this is below average. I don't love the brush shape, but that's a personal preference. I don't feel like the fatness at one end is easy to work with.

on 3/28/2016 10:14:00 PM

This is the stickiest mascara I've ever tried. It feels like I put Elmer's glue on my eyelashes. It makes my top lashes stick to my bottom lashes when I blink, which has never happened before. Very strange.

on 3/17/2016 6:22:00 AM

I saw this being recommended by a few Youtubers I watch, and so when Sephora offered it to me as one of those free extra-type things, I jumped at the chance to get it. It's been a few months and I think I've almost gone through the whole thing, but it's honestly not very great. The only reason I haven't bought another one to replace it is because I don't really put that much thought into my eyelashes makeup-wise on a daily basis. It transfers especially on my lower lashes like CRAZY, like giving me ugly grey bags under my eyes by lunchtime, and also doesn't apply very well at all. The shape of the applicator just doesn't capture any of my eyelashes and I have to comb it through again and again just to get any of them coated, and STILL in some areas I have clumped-up spider lashes and other areas are completely bare. I'm giving it two lippies only because on the rare occasions when I do manage to put it on evenly, it does give my lashes a lot of length and volume. But again, only for like the 3 hours it takes for it to bleed all over my under-eyes, and it's not like I spend all day crying either!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly do not understand the bad reviews of this. I NEVER buy expensive mascaras, I just don't think they are worth it, my faves are Loreal Voluminous and The Falsies. But there are two I WILL shell out the money for and this is one of them. (The other is Too Faced Better Than Sex). They both perform differently however. I think MUF is amazing for LENGTH and some volume. I get a pretty doe eyed look from the brush. I did find the brush's shape took some getting used to, but once I got it, I fell in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

on 2/28/2016 3:41:00 PM

Honestly. I had such high hopes for this because I am a fan of the brand but this was just really disappointing it actually made my lashes look short and clumpy. for some reason i did keep it because it is a good mascara the first 2 times you use it. but after that for some reason it just doesnt do well. the brush is huge to it got all over my eyelid. I just regret it over all

on 2/25/2016 7:03:00 PM

I received these as samples from Sephora. BIG NO. It has a tapered brush that just isn't suitable for my lashes. Doesn't do anything at all for my lashes and barely even grabs onto them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am disappointed in this product. I thought because of the shape of the brush, it would have an "eye opening effect"- similar to a cat eye. i usually love MUFE products so i had very high hopes, but the mascara isn't that good or impressive its just meh, it doesn't add volume or length to your lashes, its good if you want something simple for the daytime.

i gave mine away to my sister, i have another tube which i got as a gift, won't be using that either.

NOTE: The brush is bigger than it looks in the picture so if you have small eyes, the brush will be too big for you.

on 2/16/2016 4:11:00 PM

I like the brush & the way it picked up all my eyelashes. BUT and this is a big BUT...it flaked and smudged on me. I had better experiences with Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes (non-waterproof version) although I did not rate that mascara highly either. At least the Maybelline mascara did not smudge.

I wouldn't buy if my sample ran out because of the smudging and flaking issue. Still on a quest to find my HG mascara...