Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Smoky Extravagant MascaraSmoky Extravagant MascaraSmoky Extravagant Mascara

3.2

on 4/2/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The WORST mascara I have ever used.

-The mascara does not do an effective job of lengthening or thickening your lashes. Every other mascara I have ever tried has been better than this formula.
-You need to put on a lot so it takes a long time compared to other mascaras
-Formula is flaky and weirdly enough somewhat sticky - definitely doesn't go on smoothly
-And to top it off, it is difficult to remove
-Christmas tree shape brush doesn't help with building fuller lashes at all

Would not recommend to anyone.

I used to have a favorite YSL mascara called Singulier because it gave me a particular feathered and fanned out effect. It was discontinued a couple years ago. Nothing else has given me the desired effect until now with the MUFE. I did not think it would work because the brush is shaped differently. It is fat at the base tapering to a thin tip. My lashes are very long, naturally curl, but are a little unruly and white blond. My ideal formula has to be thick enough to control the shape and have the task of not giving me racoon eyes like a lot of mascaras do. This meets that requirement. It honestly took me a few days to master the brush but then I learned to immediately appreciate it. Application is very quick and I can get the backs of my blonde lashes and little hairs with that skinny side. The effect I get is 4D, fanned out, and is very beautiful. I get compliments on my lashes all the time even before this mascara but now they are more frequent and generally more about my eyes. I think that is because of how the shape I contain with the mascara shows off the shape of my eyes. I love this and will use it for a long time. It may not be for everyone but if you already have long lashes and like the fanned out look than give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Yas! Yas! Yas! That is all I can say for this mascara. Most people I know who have tried this and even videos I have watched on YouTube have had quite negative views on this mascara but honestly I cant understand how they dislike it!

Firstly lets talk about the shape, the mascara top/holder part is perfectly shaped to be held in such a way that it is easy to apply. (Did that even make sense? ahaha). Secondly the shape of the brush itself, literally if I was an emoji right now for this brush I would be the little heart-eyes one. The brush is the most perfect Christmas tree looking shape, which is great for applying and fanning out the lashes; shaping them in such a way that the outermost lashes are long, wispy,gorgeous and fan outward and upward.

Lastly, let me tell you a little bit of the formula in one word: magnificent. Not too heavy on the lashes, so when you curl your lashes and then apply the mascara it doesn't weigh the lash down so far that it no longer has any curl! It feels light and easy to wear as an every day and fancy mascara.

It is priced like most mascaras around this mid-high end of the makeup market, like the UD Perversion or Benefit's they're real mascaras.

And to think I literally picked this up (the little travel sized version of it) on a whim in a Sephora in Portugal and it ended up being one of my two holy grail mascaras!!!

So so so good. #hearteyesemoji

This is the most amazing mascara I have ever tried. It lengthens my lashes while making them full and fluffy and is easy to apply even with the size of the brush. This is the first mascara that has left my lashes feeling full but not caked or stiff. It's a little expensive but worth it. Formula keeps well, just do not "pump" the brush in and out of the tube rapidly or you will push air into the tube and dry it out. I have hooded eyes and am able to apply this mascara, as long as I lift up my chin and look down slightly. It really pulls the lashes up and out, making a really pretty fanned out look. I used to use Dior Show but switched to this and I love it. The tapered tip makes it easy to grab smaller lashes.

on 4/24/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just don't understand the extreme Christmas tree shaped brush. It's so huge at the bottom that unless you have huge eyes and super long lashes you would never use this end. Worst of all, the pointier end always has a glop of mascara on it so you can't use that end to capture the inner corner lashes. You end up using the middle portion of the brush and that's awkward too. The formula is nice and holds curl but the wand just kills the whole product. The regular Smoky Lash is far better.

on 4/4/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Adds nice color and doesn't irritate my eyes. That's about all. It doesn't make my lashes look any longer or fuller - there's nothing at all "extravagant" about the look this gives. This is harder to remove and tends to build up on my lashes, and it does run/stain the eye area. That, combined with the relatively high price and the lack of performance, makes me say this is below average. I don't love the brush shape, but that's a personal preference. I don't feel like the fatness at one end is easy to work with.

on 3/28/2016 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the stickiest mascara I've ever tried. It feels like I put Elmer's glue on my eyelashes. It makes my top lashes stick to my bottom lashes when I blink, which has never happened before. Very strange.

on 3/17/2016 6:22:00 AM

I saw this being recommended by a few Youtubers I watch, and so when Sephora offered it to me as one of those free extra-type things, I jumped at the chance to get it. It's been a few months and I think I've almost gone through the whole thing, but it's honestly not very great. The only reason I haven't bought another one to replace it is because I don't really put that much thought into my eyelashes makeup-wise on a daily basis. It transfers especially on my lower lashes like CRAZY, like giving me ugly grey bags under my eyes by lunchtime, and also doesn't apply very well at all. The shape of the applicator just doesn't capture any of my eyelashes and I have to comb it through again and again just to get any of them coated, and STILL in some areas I have clumped-up spider lashes and other areas are completely bare. I'm giving it two lippies only because on the rare occasions when I do manage to put it on evenly, it does give my lashes a lot of length and volume. But again, only for like the 3 hours it takes for it to bleed all over my under-eyes, and it's not like I spend all day crying either!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly do not understand the bad reviews of this. I NEVER buy expensive mascaras, I just don't think they are worth it, my faves are Loreal Voluminous and The Falsies. But there are two I WILL shell out the money for and this is one of them. (The other is Too Faced Better Than Sex). They both perform differently however. I think MUF is amazing for LENGTH and some volume. I get a pretty doe eyed look from the brush. I did find the brush's shape took some getting used to, but once I got it, I fell in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

on 2/28/2016 3:41:00 PM

Honestly. I had such high hopes for this because I am a fan of the brand but this was just really disappointing it actually made my lashes look short and clumpy. for some reason i did keep it because it is a good mascara the first 2 times you use it. but after that for some reason it just doesnt do well. the brush is huge to it got all over my eyelid. I just regret it over all

Popular Mascaras