2.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I must be the only person who doesn't mind this lotion's dry-down scent! I actually find that it smells rather clean and powdery, which is appealing to me. Do I wish it smelled like almond cookies? Absolutely. But the almost perfume-like nature of the scent it actually carries isn't offensive to me. I enjoy it. The texture of this lotion feels silky to me, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. Rather than sitting on top of my skin, it actually seems to sink in. I've not been using it for too long, and I'll be taking a trip up to New England next week, so we'll see how it does in a much drier climate, but so far, I'm enjoying it. I love a good, sturdy pump bottle, so kudos to CD on that. Price at under $9 is pretty dang good, considering how expensive lotions have been getting. Does it hydrate as well as, say, a Body Shop body butter? No, but let's be real - no lotion ever could. But for lighter hydration, I like this lotion. If it does a good job up in CT, I'll consider putting this on my repurchase list.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

a year ago

I agree with the others, the scent of this is putrid. It smells like diaper ointment!

About reviewer (278 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

Big disappointment. I love the sweet smell of almond. A nice change of pace from all those vanilla scents. Sadly, this lotion dries down and smells of pure baby powder. No trace of almond anywhere. Even the roller ball fragrance was a disappointment that quickly faded to nothing. If you like the smell of almond, I recommend Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Body Butter. Delicious, highly perfumed, creamy and long-lasting. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

It says ... Naturally conditions, moisturizes and hydrates while nourishing dry skin with antioxidants. 15% shea butter, cranberry oil, olive oil, macadamia oil, jojoba oil, soybean oil, and vitamin E. Paraben-free. No parabens. No petroleum, mineral oil, or artificial color. I have to admit this does moisturize well, it makes my skin feels smooth and silky but oh MY GOODNESS the scent !!! it's sooooooooooo bad Out of the tube it smells like heavily artificial almond, very cheap and gross, and it dries down to smell like something of mix between play-doh and baby powder I'm sorry, but due to this, it's a no-go from me. Fragrance is the 4th ingredient !!!!!!! Water, Shea Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Olive Oil, Beeswax, Cranberry Seed Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Soybean Oil, Tocopherol, Sclerotium Gum, Octyldodecanol, Pentylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 60, Disodium EDTA, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age19-24