Trish McEvoy Eyeshadows

4.1

on 12/4/2015 6:47:00 PM

I just bought (and returned,) the Voyager 2015. I loved the idea of a small compact that holds several makeup necessities. I bought it specifically for travel. Unfortunately, the eye shadows were not very pigmented and even after several layers of color, they were very unimpressive. I had to add other shadows from other lines just to make them look decent. This defeated the purpose of downsizing to, (Mostly,) one compact. I loved the bronzer, blush and especially the little blush brush so much that I was torn about returning them. But, ultimately I did because at $100, I felt I should love all of it. If you prefer a very natural eye shadow look, this set is great. I personally love a smoky eye and fake lashes and the glossier the gloss, the better. So, this was not for me. The makeup artists did tell me that the colors may have been better if I used the Trish base. I didn't do that, (I have one I like and use already,) and don't feel that you should have to use just their products to make it works.

on 9/21/2014 12:35:00 AM

I bought the package from HSN, & love the gel pen fine point eyeliner which dries unbudgable, eye shadow base(better than UD shadow insurance, creamier, lasts am to pm), 4 eye shadows are soft,2 neutrals, a soft whisper of a plum, beautiful small but highly pigmented with no dusting under the eyes and brown can be used as a liner. The cheek color is an excellent shade. The lip colors aren't long lasting, and I don't need the contouring duo. The undereye brightener doesn't gather in wrinkles nor dry out the eye area. Great way to try her collection without spending big bucks.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/13/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Trish shadows are some of the best you'll find at any makeup counter. They come in a wide variety of colors, including matte and glaze, are lasting and are exceptionally easy to blend. Two of my favorite shadows include Iris (a beautiful lavender) and Heather (a dusty rose-pink). Some beautiful pairings are also possible: try Shell as the base with Rose Quartz in the crease, or Cream as the base and Orchid in the crease. But my favorite pairing is Romance, a glaze shade I use often, on the lower lid with the matte shade Antique Rose in the crease. Tightline with her Intense Gel Eyeliner in Deep Aubergine to finish the look. Stunning!

Onto the packaging. It's spare to say the least. But if you purchase a compact or even a Wardrobing Page in a Planner, you'll have plenty of room for shadows, definers, and blush. I started off with a single compact but now I own two whole planners: a Mini for home use, and a Petite for travel, gym, or work, something I can grab and go, or fill with a look or two. The Petite easily fits in my handbag.

While other lines may offer flashier shades, Trish shadows blend easier and are more versatile. Remember, Trish is all about a subtle hand when it comes to applying makeup. Once you've purchased a few compacts or even a planner, you'll appreciate the line's versatility. Plus, Trish has held onto her brand, as opposed to selling out to mega-brands like Loreal or Estee Lauder, allowing her to stick to her promise to do NO animal testing. MAC or Bobbi Brown cannot say the same, both owned by larger companies that DO animal testing, such as Estee Lauder.

Putrid texture with terrible color pay off. These don't even come with a compact. They are meant to be set into a cheesy compact that you have to purchase from them for $15. Fortunately if you don't want to shell out that much for a 50 cent piece of plastic, they come in a clear plastic shell that can suffice as a compact on it's own...sort of. I really wanted to begin trying higher end eyeshadow brands, hoping to get better pigmentation but I didn't find it with these. Cover Girl makes better quality than this. Never again.

on 6/19/2012 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased the refillable double-decker compact, and I love it. I purchased 2 eyeshadows in the store (the sales rep actually took me from one store into another and ended up exchanging the eyeshadow in a kit to get me the shade I wanted, which was out of stock!) and I'm purchasing more cheap on ebay.

I haven't worn the eyeshadows yet, except for the day I tried them on in the store, but I got some of a dark shade from a tester on the end of my thumb and under the nail by accident.

Later, while getting a manicure, I noticed it and the manicurist and I tried using water and then acetone to rub it off (my feet were in the pedicure spa). The eyeshadow just stayed and stayed! I finally tried using soap and water, but there was still a little left. I imagine this eyeshadow will stay on my lids as well as it did on my thumb!

on 7/22/2008 4:25:00 PM

I cam back to Trish's line recently and I am very happy.
Her shadows are really pretty and there are a lot of colors and looks to choose from. I was getting bored with Bobbi Brown and feeling a little to over the top in Mac....so I am a Trish Girl again!

I already had a planner from many years ago, so I was pretty good to go and like being able to set up all my colors on a page for a particular mood/season/look.

LOOOOVE them! Don't understand some of the reviews on here! Trish's shadows are soft, long lasting and very wearable! I loooooooove the colors and the way they fit in a planner. I just bought the ultimate planner to travel with and it is awesome!!!!!!
I really dislike MAC---they are the worst shadows I have ever used---I should clarify-they sure do last long, however, should only be used if you want to look like a clown!

I'm so disappointed with these eyeshadows! I was lured by a beautiful planner filled with a makeup page and four brushes; I think it's the "crystal planner" from Saks. I have Trish brushes, but never tried her makeup before. I cannot believe how poorly these shadows show up and how quickly they fade. I have been buying department store brands for years, and never experienced this before with any other brand (Chanel, Dior, Lorac, Stila...). I love the planner, however it's useless if I don't want to use TM makeup. I don't know if Saks accepts makeup returns, but I find these useless and hope I can at least exchange this for a fragrance or brushes (I do like Trish brushes).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For the amount of money I have spent on TM eyeshadows, I would expect them to show up more. Maybe it seems like I spent more because I also bought a case and because the pan you purchase is super tiny!!! So, lippies off for price. I actually have decided to increase lippies from previous, b/c I am beginning to like the 2 colors I have. Anyway, the pan is a TINY square for $16...and I bought 2...which equals $32!!! Then I also got the little baby compact to put them in. I think I spent like 40 bucks. Maybe that's why I feel like my expectations have not been met.

Colors I have are: Pink Shimmer and Pewter. I have discovered that Pewter shows up MUCH better if I apply with the Laura Mercier Long Angled Brush...you can sort of pack it on and then do the windshield wiper motion with that brush and it looks nice. Still not as great when it comes to pigments in MAC colors, but whatever. I'm working with it.

I have not decided whether or not I will repurchase. I will probably stick with MAC and LM and other colors that give me more bang for my buck!

on 1/21/2008 9:38:00 PM

I have been using Trish McEvoy since 1996. I think that's close to when she started.

I can't use other brands' eyeshadows now. The Trish eyeshadows are deeply pigmented and they really stay on. They blend beautifully. I agree with a prior poster about the rip-off of reduced sizes for the same $ - however, the little squares do allow you to get more colors into a smaller planner page or compact. It's been worth it for me.

I also use the definer shadows with "Finish Line" (or water) to create a liquid liner look.

These shadows stay put all day. I have never had an issue with creasing or smearing at all.

The Trish staff are all trained makeup artists. They will rarely sell you anything without sitting you down to do your face. This can be great if you have the time. They teach you the technique as they go. Typically, they'll do one eye while you watch in a handheld mirror. Then you do the second with their coaching. At this point I'd say I'm pretty much an expert.

I will buy Trish's eyeshadows as long as she makes them.