NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

4.3

Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).

on 6/7/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or damp sponge!

after my entire face make up routine (primer, foundation, concealer, powder foundation), i like to set my entire face with this product (as an alternative for translucent powder) and it does the job just as well! the trick is to apply this matte finishing powder with a DAMP beauty blender! I don't know why this works but it does!

there's a lot of product and it's a super cheap alternative for higher end brands of finishing powders and translucent powders!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

First day review may not say much, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in on this. Today I used clinque's moisturizer it normal to oily skin and waited 15 mins before putting on the UD face primer on my face. Then I used lorac's pore perfecting primer on my nose because I have huge pores. I work an 8 HR shift and by the end of the day, my face looked nice still. for the record, I have oily skin..mainly on my T-Zone area. This setting powder/mineral does give me that matte finish, however, it does not do anything to conceal my pores on the nose. All in all, I'm pretty impressed how it held up for a wildly/hot day.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Meh. Mattifying effect is alright but it does nothing to hide pores and I've noticed the tint always changes the color of my foundation to an unwelcomed and unflattering pinky beige color. Not good for my yellow skin. Even though this is a sheer coverage so I was surprised it changed it so dramatically

on 4/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

This is a good powder if you're just using it sparingly as a finishing veil. However, DO NOT USE FOR BAKING. This powder has really terrible flash back, and will show up as white splotches in photos with flash. Because of the bad flash back, I think I would even be hesitant to use this as a finishing veil. However, as far as how it looks in person, it does do a decent job, and the price point is okay.

on 1/26/2016 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this it is great for setting my foundation. It is very finely milled therefore it is less messy. It does provide that flawless finish. I have actually worn it alone and it gives me a fresh natural look. When you purchase this take my advice and only cut half of the sticker on the sifter, this will prevent too much product being dispensed trust me you’ll thank me later.

I am surprised that this product does not have more negative reviews due to the fact that talc is the main ingredient (talc being a known comedogenic ingredient) and that this product targets oily skin. I initially purchased this powder after getting excited that NYX was finally available in Quebec, Canada. After looking at the reviews and the cheap sale price of $12 for a mineral powder, I was sold. Initially, on the first day of applying the powder, I was very impressed. It leaves the looking very natural and smooth to a whole other level. However, on the second day of using this powder, I noticed my skin breaking out. I thought I might be imagining things so I kept using the powder for a few more days. On day 5 or so, my skin looked like a 13 year old entering puberty. I barely recognized myself in the mirror: I was breaking out from everywhere. I stopped using the powder right away and could not get my skin back to normal for many weeks. Then, I gave the powder another shot for 2 days and the same happened. I went back to the drugstore and was reimbursed. Since then, I purchased a powder by CoverFX and it has been great (not a talc based powder).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not a bad powder but not that great either. I love the tint (I have light/medium) it's mostly warm but not overly yellow and blends nicely into my tanned complexion without looking ashy, finely milled, lightweight, oil-control is really good and it sets makeup nicely but my biggest gripe is that the finish doesn't give me that "wow" effect. It doesn't do much to blur lines or my large pores. It doesn't give me that soft-focus, air-brushed effect that my other favorite loose powders do (Tarte Smooth Operator, Nars Light Reflecting). I saw a world of a difference when I used this compared to the Tarte powder. I always liked the way my skin looked better with the Tarte. I really wanted to love this powder. I honestly thought I would end up loving it but I'm a little disappointed. It does have really good oil-control without being too drying though, again, just not the prettiest finish.

on 12/4/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great pigmented finishing powder!!! It's not a chalky pink translucent, but it's not a jaundice yellow,either. Light/Medium is a very forgiving shade, blends seamlessly,and feels light on the face, not drying like the silica based powders can sometimes be.

Takes a long time for oil to show through, and it doesn't settle in fine lines.

I wish the packaging limited the amount of product you could shake out, but for seven dollars, i'm not complaining!!

on 10/17/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is AMAZING! I have never found a powder that has actually helped control my oily skin until I tried this powder! I can apply this in the morning, and at the end of my 8+ hour workday, I still look completely fresh and shine free. That is unheard of with my skin- I would usually have to touch up 2-3 times per day and I still wouldn't look as good as I do with this powder. This powder never looks cakey, it blends completely in to your skin, and feels very light on your face which is a huge plus for me! I am a pale girl, and I use the light/medium and it is a perfect shade for me. I highly recommend this powder!!

on 10/15/2015 1:33:00 PM

Ok I am sold; this stuff is pretty friggin good and that's coming from someone who's used nothing but pressed powders to set my makeup for at least the last 8yrs. I have fair-Light skin (think N-NW 15 range) and purchased this in light/medium which matches pretty darn well but I think it's designed to cover a large range of skintones/shades anyway. I love love that this is a colored powdered and not the stark white silica HD powder which looks horrible on me even when I used it with a light hand. This finishing powder is very finely milled and blends seamlessly into my skin; does not sink into pores or cause weird robot shine later in the day (looking at you MAC MSFN). Too bad they don't make this exact powder in a pressed version as well to carry around with me. I will definitely repurchase...