NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

NYX Mineral Finishing Powder
Mineral Finishing Powder

4.1

Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).

on 7/25/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I fall around NC 40-42 in Mac.I have this powder in medium-dark.The powder Is very sheer AND slightly lighter than my skin-tone so it doesn't make my undereye concealer less bright: it works to set my whole face.

This is matte but not super matte. I would say the finish is demi-matte for lack of a better term. It's also hardly detectable if used with a light hand and it's also slightly blurring. The way I use it, which is dusting it all over with an oval brush, DOES NOT keep me matte. My skin is quite oily though. I haven't tried baking with it but powders that are mostly silica often are not good for baking imho. I will try to load on more powder next time to see if It can keep me matte for longer.

This does not extend the wear of my makeup on my t zone but sets my under eye concealer very well. I also wish it was more matte. I want my t-zone matte darn it! I think I need a powder with more talc, or Kaolin or rice powder, or some super strong microsponge technology. This doesn't cut it for me. I WILL try baking my tzone with it to see if that works better and update! :D

PROS:
+Undetectable
+Blurring
+Sets concealer well
+Doesn't Look Cakey

CONS
+Doesnt keep me matte for long (Im shiny in less than 2 hours)

Overall Its a good powder for most people. If you have VERY dry skin or VERY oily skin (extremes) then I would look elsewhere.That said you could do A LOT WORSE than this at the drugstore. Most drugstore powders I've tried cannot be used to set the under eye when you have wrinkles or without it looking heavy.

on 5/31/2017 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thankyou

on 3/1/2017 3:20:00 AM

This powder is good but not necessarily for me because I tried it to set and/or bake my undereye area and basically it changed the color of my concealer to a slightly darker shade. It does reflect light nicely and it looks and feels smooth in person and in selfie cam BUT not in flash because of the flashback. I also used it to dust my whole face with different brushes and that didn't really hold up for the work day. I also tried it with Mac fix+ and it sets smoothly. I'd buy again only if NYX found a way to keep it from oxidizing my concealer and foundation.

on 12/21/2016 9:24:00 AM

NYX Finishing powder is my all time favourite thing in makeup products. Bought one from just4girls.pk and it was amazing. I often use it and according to quality and quantity both it's just perfect. Highly recommended everyone ;)

on 12/20/2016 8:09:00 PM

I have it in light medium and it fits my skintone perfectly. It sets my foundation really nicely. It can easily look cakey but I like to add setting spray at the end of my routine so it's not a problem for me.

on 11/30/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

An excellent long-lasting powder that mattifies the skin with a very natural but polished finish and photographs beautifully. Great value for the price. Highly recommended.

on 11/18/2016 11:48:00 AM

In my opinion, there are better loose powders at the drugstore. I have normal/combination skin so I get slightly oily around my nose and under my eyes. When I set my concealer with this, it makes my undereye area look cakey, dry, and patchy. When I set my entire face with this it is almost too matte, and I actually prefer the matte look over dewy. I also find the tint in this powder changes the color of my foundation/concealer slightly.

on 6/7/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or damp sponge!

after my entire face make up routine (primer, foundation, concealer, powder foundation), i like to set my entire face with this product (as an alternative for translucent powder) and it does the job just as well! the trick is to apply this matte finishing powder with a DAMP beauty blender! I don't know why this works but it does!

there's a lot of product and it's a super cheap alternative for higher end brands of finishing powders and translucent powders!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

First day review may not say much, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in on this. Today I used clinque's moisturizer it normal to oily skin and waited 15 mins before putting on the UD face primer on my face. Then I used lorac's pore perfecting primer on my nose because I have huge pores. I work an 8 HR shift and by the end of the day, my face looked nice still. for the record, I have oily skin..mainly on my T-Zone area. This setting powder/mineral does give me that matte finish, however, it does not do anything to conceal my pores on the nose. All in all, I'm pretty impressed how it held up for a wildly/hot day.

Meh. Mattifying effect is alright but it does nothing to hide pores and I've noticed the tint always changes the color of my foundation to an unwelcomed and unflattering pinky beige color. Not good for my yellow skin. Even though this is a sheer coverage so I was surprised it changed it so dramatically