NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

NYX Mineral Finishing Powder

4.1

Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).

on 12/21/2016 9:24:00 AM

NYX Finishing powder is my all time favourite thing in makeup products. Bought one from just4girls.pk and it was amazing. I often use it and according to quality and quantity both it's just perfect. Highly recommended everyone ;)

on 12/20/2016 8:09:00 PM

I have it in light medium and it fits my skintone perfectly. It sets my foundation really nicely. It can easily look cakey but I like to add setting spray at the end of my routine so it's not a problem for me.

on 11/30/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

An excellent long-lasting powder that mattifies the skin with a very natural but polished finish and photographs beautifully. Great value for the price. Highly recommended.

on 11/18/2016 11:48:00 AM

In my opinion, there are better loose powders at the drugstore. I have normal/combination skin so I get slightly oily around my nose and under my eyes. When I set my concealer with this, it makes my undereye area look cakey, dry, and patchy. When I set my entire face with this it is almost too matte, and I actually prefer the matte look over dewy. I also find the tint in this powder changes the color of my foundation/concealer slightly.

on 6/7/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or damp sponge!

after my entire face make up routine (primer, foundation, concealer, powder foundation), i like to set my entire face with this product (as an alternative for translucent powder) and it does the job just as well! the trick is to apply this matte finishing powder with a DAMP beauty blender! I don't know why this works but it does!

there's a lot of product and it's a super cheap alternative for higher end brands of finishing powders and translucent powders!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

First day review may not say much, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in on this. Today I used clinque's moisturizer it normal to oily skin and waited 15 mins before putting on the UD face primer on my face. Then I used lorac's pore perfecting primer on my nose because I have huge pores. I work an 8 HR shift and by the end of the day, my face looked nice still. for the record, I have oily skin..mainly on my T-Zone area. This setting powder/mineral does give me that matte finish, however, it does not do anything to conceal my pores on the nose. All in all, I'm pretty impressed how it held up for a wildly/hot day.

Meh. Mattifying effect is alright but it does nothing to hide pores and I've noticed the tint always changes the color of my foundation to an unwelcomed and unflattering pinky beige color. Not good for my yellow skin. Even though this is a sheer coverage so I was surprised it changed it so dramatically

on 4/7/2016 2:14:00 AM

This is a good powder if you're just using it sparingly as a finishing veil. However, DO NOT USE FOR BAKING. This powder has really terrible flash back, and will show up as white splotches in photos with flash. Because of the bad flash back, I think I would even be hesitant to use this as a finishing veil. However, as far as how it looks in person, it does do a decent job, and the price point is okay.

on 1/26/2016 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this it is great for setting my foundation. It is very finely milled therefore it is less messy. It does provide that flawless finish. I have actually worn it alone and it gives me a fresh natural look. When you purchase this take my advice and only cut half of the sticker on the sifter, this will prevent too much product being dispensed trust me you’ll thank me later.

I am surprised that this product does not have more negative reviews due to the fact that talc is the main ingredient (talc being a known comedogenic ingredient) and that this product targets oily skin. I initially purchased this powder after getting excited that NYX was finally available in Quebec, Canada. After looking at the reviews and the cheap sale price of $12 for a mineral powder, I was sold. Initially, on the first day of applying the powder, I was very impressed. It leaves the looking very natural and smooth to a whole other level. However, on the second day of using this powder, I noticed my skin breaking out. I thought I might be imagining things so I kept using the powder for a few more days. On day 5 or so, my skin looked like a 13 year old entering puberty. I barely recognized myself in the mirror: I was breaking out from everywhere. I stopped using the powder right away and could not get my skin back to normal for many weeks. Then, I gave the powder another shot for 2 days and the same happened. I went back to the drugstore and was reimbursed. Since then, I purchased a powder by CoverFX and it has been great (not a talc based powder).