NYX Professional Makeup Mineral Finishing Powder

NYX Professional Makeup Mineral Finishing Powder
Mineral Finishing Powder

4.1

Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this as it was on sale at Lawtons for 30% off and of the good review here. This is a mistake. I thought it was a pretty good powder when I first put it on, but as the day went on, I find that this powder has started cracking around my nose which I have never experienced before. And what’s worse is that the powder starting clumping in random spots on my face! And makeup also started disappearing from and around my nose after a few hours. I looked like a zombie at the end of the day! But as I do with other makeup as well, I always give second chances. Tried this the next day again and the same thing happened again, this is just going to my makeup graveyard. Such a shame because it does look good right after I apply this to my face, but that doesn’t last more than an hour.

on 6/15/2018 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favourite drugstore setting powder that I've tried. Looks good as an underage bake too. I get flashback mary in photos with almost any setting powder but this one isn't too bad.

on 6/4/2018 1:28:00 PM

Great stuff! Great price, great wearability, and easy to find. I find that this stuff does a better than average job of mattifying my skin, and doesn't cake up when I do my daily touch-up at lunchtime. Where I've been the most pleasantly surprised, however, is how this powder applies beautifully under my eyes with no creasing (for reference- I'm in my 40's and have some crease lines under my eyes, and pat on ("bake") a pretty thick layer of this powder under my eyes, using a dampened beautyblender, to set my concealer and prevent my mascara from giving me raccoon eyes) and remains flawlessly smooth WITHOUT me having to use an under eye primer. That last fact alone has secured my devotion, but it's a pretty good powder for all the other reasons too :)

on 4/10/2018 1:05:00 AM

I bought this sort of impulsively because I love NYX and ulta was out of the makeup revolution baking powder I was after. It isn't my exact shade, it's a bit lighter than my skin but it isn't noticeable unless I use way too much. I have a feeling that flashback with this powder might be horrible, though I haven't tested that yet.

It sets my makeup well and it mattifies my skin just as well as my kat von d powder, so it does what I need it to do. It works fine as a baking powder or just as a loose powder, though I prefer translucent powder around my eyes. It doesn't do a lot to blur fine lines or minimize pores so there are definitely better powders for that around the same price ($9.50) if that's a concern for you.

Overall I'm not unhappy with it. It's cheap and why spend more money on a loose powder than you need to.

This stuff keeps my t zone under control for way longer than if I went without it. Beware baking with it though, as it accentuates my pores and can be drying. Not that much for the price, however if you want to be matte for longer, it’s worth it.

on 2/22/2018 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Great powder. It gives a very natural finish and makes your face look flawless, and is very lightweight but lasts nearly all day (even for my oily skin). The container is huge so it should definitely stay at home (not good for packing in your bag for a mid-day touch up), but the good thing about that is you get a lot of powder and it lasts a long time. You don't need to use very much since it's so fine and soft it just glides and spreads evenly over your face. A big plus is that it also prevents my foundation from looking ashy. Fantastic product.

on 2/18/2018 1:48:00 PM

This is a great inexpensive mineral powder. I have it in the lightest shade and was a little nervous it was more yellow-toned, but it's so sheer that it doesn't alter my foundation color in the slightest. I've also noticed it does a good job of blurring my pores, better than the HD finishing powder (which is still pretty good).

on 7/25/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I fall around NC 40-42 in Mac.I have this powder in medium-dark.The powder Is very sheer AND slightly lighter than my skin-tone so it doesn't make my undereye concealer less bright: it works to set my whole face.

This is matte but not super matte. I would say the finish is demi-matte for lack of a better term. It's also hardly detectable if used with a light hand and it's also slightly blurring. The way I use it, which is dusting it all over with an oval brush, DOES NOT keep me matte. My skin is quite oily though. I haven't tried baking with it but powders that are mostly silica often are not good for baking imho. I will try to load on more powder next time to see if It can keep me matte for longer.

This does not extend the wear of my makeup on my t zone but sets my under eye concealer very well. I also wish it was more matte. I want my t-zone matte darn it! I think I need a powder with more talc, or Kaolin or rice powder, or some super strong microsponge technology. This doesn't cut it for me. I WILL try baking my tzone with it to see if that works better and update! :D

PROS:
+Undetectable
+Blurring
+Sets concealer well
+Doesn't Look Cakey

CONS
+Doesnt keep me matte for long (Im shiny in less than 2 hours)

Overall Its a good powder for most people. If you have VERY dry skin or VERY oily skin (extremes) then I would look elsewhere.That said you could do A LOT WORSE than this at the drugstore. Most drugstore powders I've tried cannot be used to set the under eye when you have wrinkles or without it looking heavy.

on 5/31/2017 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Thankyou

on 3/1/2017 3:20:00 AM

This powder is good but not necessarily for me because I tried it to set and/or bake my undereye area and basically it changed the color of my concealer to a slightly darker shade. It does reflect light nicely and it looks and feels smooth in person and in selfie cam BUT not in flash because of the flashback. I also used it to dust my whole face with different brushes and that didn't really hold up for the work day. I also tried it with Mac fix+ and it sets smoothly. I'd buy again only if NYX found a way to keep it from oxidizing my concealer and foundation.