Tom Ford Sahara Noir

No Image

3.2

on 9/23/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This lived up to its name in terms of evoking dryness; however, it really reminded of Dior's Dune. I think Dune can be obtained at a much better price.

on 6/30/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great scent and a perfect layering (base) fragrance. It's balsa wood and incense. The incense dissipates fairly fast, but the intense wood drydown stays on and on. I love it because it LASTS for many hours and I get compliments every single time I wear it, whether alone or with something else. I sometimes layer it with fragrances from Guerlain, Serge Lutens, Tom Ford and Joe Malone and I often wear it alone. It's not heavy, but it "holds" even on my dry skin. It's versatile, sensual and NOT TOO SWEET or typical "department store" like. A wood lovers dream!! My husband wears it too.

on 6/1/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this was a marketing fail. It was marketed to women, but I find it to be very masculine. That isn't to say a woman couldn't wear it. It is a strong incense bomb, but if you let it sit on the skin, it's beautiful. Definitely a middle eastern inspired scent. Not for the faint of heart. With the trend of men wearing stronger colognes, this could definitely pass. It's a great scent I don't think gets the attention it deserves.

on 11/24/2014 8:07:00 PM

Dry dusty attic, that's all I get from this scent.

on 9/27/2014 7:56:00 PM

I usually enjoy, or in the very least am tolerant of all of the Tom Ford fragrances. Many of them I absolutely love, and even the ones I am just meh about I can find a note in there to appreciate. Sadly, Sahara Noir is the exception. To my nose, it smells like strong incense and baby powder. Almost like a hippie trying desperately to be sophisticated. A fragrance I could not wash off too soon.

Got this as a sample from Sephora. It smells pretty awful on me, like tooth decay. It has a very woodsy scent. The woodsy scent is so strong that too much can make it smell unpleasant. Perfume smells different on every person.

on 5/15/2014 6:01:00 PM

Addicting and exquisite.

The perfect blend of smoke, wood, incense, and depth. The smell of smoking resin is unmistakable.

Exotic and heady. Cannot get enough of this one.

If you like roses and all things floral, take a pass. Tom Ford, Inc. describes this as an "ode to frankincense," and if you've ever burned real frankincense resin (on rough charcoal pellets), you'll immediately recognize that this is indeed an ode to one of the most precious resins in human history, with some added notes and nuances rounding out the fragrance. I heartily recommend the following review, which captures the fragrance beautifully:

Other notes include: "frankincense, cistus essence, bitter orange, Jordanian calamus (an oasis sweet grass), cypress, cinnamon, papyrus extract, jasmine, beeswax absolute, amber, ambreinol, benzoin, vanilla, cedar, agarwood, and balsam." (courtesy the above link)

Not for the shy, or those reluctant a bold statement. You must love rich smoke and incense to loose yourself to this one.

Unisex, bold, evocative --- and unmistakable in composition. (Comparison's to 'Black Cashmere' are common: I find it much bolder, smokier, deeper, and richer. But everyone's nose differs.)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Just wanted to say that this fragrance reminds me very much of DK Black Cashmere. Dry, woody incense. Since Black Cashmere is getting hard to find, I would recommend Sahara Noir to anyone who is looking for a replacement or a similar scent. For those who like their perfumes spicy, this fragrance is heavenly. Very warm and inviting in cold weather, too potent for me to even consider wearing in hot weather. It's unfortunate that it's so expensive, but to me, it's worth the money.

on 9/18/2013 1:35:00 PM

Wow - this stuff is intense. First off, I think this is a man's cologne all the way. Nothing unisex about it. So for me to wear it, it's out of the question. That said, even on a man it would have to be the smallest amount possible worn to not completely take over his surrounding public. It's probably best after a few hours rather than first applied.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Sahara Noir is the perfect name for this fragrance. It's very dry, powerful, incense. It's pretty much Frankincense, tobacco and maybe a little wine or cognac. This fragrance makes a statement. It truly stands out from typical department store scents. It reminds me of the smell of an ancient, historic church. Very calming and comforting, I can see this appealing to those who want to steer clear of florals. The potency and lasting power is amazing. In fact, it's so potent I'd prefer it come in a dab bottle instead of a sprayer. It should be applied very, very sparingly. Honestly, I'd prefer it on a man, but I understand that some women may be drawn to it. Quite simply, it's not my cup of tea but it's beautiful for what it is. It's smoky and sultry, not sexy like Black Orchid, but stunning none the less. It's very Tom Ford- classy, sultry, statement-making.

Popular Fragrances