3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

One of my two HG eyeliners, the other being the Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner pencil. I have super oily skin but Asian eyes that need eyeliner for definition, so this has always been a tough category for me. I have eyeliner tattooed on, so I only need this for one of 2 uses: 1) To tightline my upper waterline when I wear false lashes, 2) To do a more dramatic cat eye for special occasions. When I do (1) with this eyeliner it stays all day without smudging. When I do (2) with this eyeliner and set it with a setting spray (which I have to do with all eyeliners), it lasts 12+ hours with only the faintest smudge beneath my eyes at the end of the day. Not even Marc Jacobs Highliner or Urban Decay 24/7 pencils can go that long for me without smudging into a horrible mess. I might even try this without the setting spray sometime just to measure how long it will last on its own before smudging. The only con for this Milani eyeliner is that since it can't be sharpened, it's hard to get it precise for (2). With the twist-up convenience, I might keep this just for my everyday (1) look. Going to purchase 2 more of these as spares since they're pretty cheap. UPDATE: Minus one lippy because I've found that in certain climates, this eyeliner in my tightline tends to stick to my contact lenses and blur them pretty badly so I can't see. So I stopped using this product. If you don't wear contacts, this might still be a great eyeliner for you.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

3 years ago

I really like this eyeliner from Milani. It is very creamy and easy to apply. The color is rich and black and dries down matte. I also appreciate that it is twist top design - I really dislike sharpening makeup pencils. It also has great staying powder. I would recommend this product although I probably wouldn't repurchase I I run out. It is great, but so are a lot of other drugstore options.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

from

4 years ago

In my search for a black liner that will stay put and not smudge in my upper water line (tightline) -- I came across this one. It works! It does the job and leaves a nice black lash line. I am continuing to try other products, but I would definitely come back to this one. The only con for me is that when I first put it on -- before it sets -- it does transfer to my lower water line. But I just take a q-tip and wipe it away and it's gone. But this is a very, very black liner. Love it!

About reviewer (378 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Milani products are amazing, but this is the only one that seems to irritate my sensitive eyes. The product itself is great, glides on with rich color that lasts all day even on the waterline. But it has a thick tacky like consistency that feels heavy on my eyes. I would gladly use this product if my eyes didn't get irritated with it, it would be better if it was a retractable liner also.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

The best eyeliner I have ever used. I have used high end ones as well. I have repurchased and will continue to! You can sometimes even get Milani products 40% or buy one get one half at CVS! Stays on the water line!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I think most people are reviewing the wrong product. This is a pencil, and not a retractible/mechanical one. One has to sharpen it. This is the blackest black you can get anywhere. Quite comparable to my Givenchy Magic Kajal in color and payoff. Deep, saturated color is what you get. I have oily skin so I only use this with eyelid primer (UDPP) and eyeshadow as a base. I also only use it on my top lid as it irritates my waterline and makes my eyes red in the process. If I want my waterline defined I just use a different pencil. I absolutely love this eyeliner. I've been doing the pin up look of cat eye eyeliner with a flick at the end and this stays all day once it sets. I have to sharpen it each morning so I am probably not going to have this pencil for long. I give this 5 lippies because it does what I need it to do, it is BLACK, stays put all day and looks magnificent. I will certainly be repurchasing this over and over.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

6 years ago

The product itself performs pretty well. It goes on smoothly and, after a time, sets up well. I like that it is retractable rather than a pencil that need sharpening. Nicely pigmented black. My only (and BIGGEST) complaint is that I cannot wear this liner anywhere near the corners of my eyes or on my bottom lashline when I am wearing my contact lenses. I have worn contacts for almost 30 years and have always used eyeliner with them in my eyes. This Milani liner is one of the only ones that I have ever had a problem with. It transfers some sort of waxy or oily residue onto my lenses while I am wearing them that becomes so annoying that I have to remove my lenses or remove the liner. I might have thought it just a fluke but I have this eyeliner in brown too and it does the same thing. I own several other brands- Urban Decay, MAC, Covergirl, Revlon and Sephora and have never had a problem with them doing this. I will not repurchase and will not use these liners ever again.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

Garbage. Used on waterline and somehow smudged all over my undereye area within 30 minutes

About reviewer (48 reviews)

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I have the retractable Milani "Liquid Eye-Liquid Like" Eyeliner in black and this eyeliner has quickly become part of my everyday makeup bag. I use it on my waterline and I also use it t tight line my upper lash waterline as well. I thought I would never find a better drugstore eyeliner then the Maybelline Master Drama retractable eyeliner but this one is probably my favorite. It's a little bit more creamy then the Maybelline one, and if you have tried the Master Drama, you will LOVE this. The price could be a little better but hey, that's Milani for you! Go ahead and splurge on this eyeliner, I recommend buying it at your local CVS because beauty products are returnable there if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase. Make sure you follow up with your store on that policy when you purchase just to be sure! Hope this helped you decide to buy or not to buy!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

7 years ago

I am really amazed by this eye liner, I found it at my local dollar store, and figured doesn't hurt to try it. I was AMAZED at the pigment pay off and how it's a creamy like texture (thought it'd be one of those cheapies you have to push down real hard to use. My only con is it's so slick that it's really hard to do detailed work with, and smudges so easily, which is good in some cases but for basic use no. But once set it stays well!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24