69%

$80.00 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

it's incredibly greesy I can't even sleep in it. my hair gets glued to my face. I had to rince it off before going to bed. and I had to use soap to wash the product off my hands after washing my face! I tried giving it a good 4-5 hours hoping that it would get absorbed into my skin, but it went nowhere. greesy as hell. I think even cooking oil would get absorbed into the skin better. I wanna know who approved this formula. what am I doing wrong?

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 months ago

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but these were horrifying bad. Before this I was using Clarins Double Serum and Lancome Advanced Genifique which both are great, but I thought maybe there's something else that's better and will give more omph...oh boy was I wrong. So I purchased these in the 30 capsules for $70aud, you twist the top tab twice and the capsule breaks and you squeeze out the serum. When you first squeeze it out into the palm of your hand it's oily, it's quite runny, like it feels like bio oil or some cheap cooking oil. When you start applying it on your face you'll think it'll never absorb and you start to think omg what have I done. Then after about 2 minutes the serum fully absorbs into a matte finish, like you have just applied a silicone primer but in a liquid form...But you still feel it sitting on top of your face...I feel as though it just sits in top of the skin and doesn't actually absorb into the layers of the skin because it's so silicone heavy. The best way i can describe it is a dry silicone oil that just sits on top of the skin. All your wrinkles n skin texture is highlighted because of it, there wasn't any smoothing benefits at all..It also really irritated my face, like it broke out my face into little red blotches, my Cupids bow was also irritated. After 1 week of use every night, I didn't see any soothing benefits at all, just irritation all over. The formula does contain ceramides but it's listed in the middle of the formula after all the silicone and filler ingredients, i don't think that amount will do much for the skin. I can't return these because i already opened it and used it and my useless retailer (Myer) don't accept any returns.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

So disappointed, I used to love these capsules but the new version, Advanced Ceramide Capsules are just horrible compared to the previous ones. They are incredibly oily and just sit on the skin and will seriously sting your eyes if you put them anywhere near them ie like on your forehead. I could use the previous version on my eyelids and they sunk in beautifully in a few minutes. I bought 90 too, so I guess I will use them on my hands. To make matters worse, I got two quite nasty spots after using them last time - wish they had left them as they were. UPDATE: I tried to leave a similar review on the Elizabeth Arden site and got the following: "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing and we hope to publish next time!" I guess they only publish positive reviews :-) If you used them before and plan to buy again, I recommend you get a sample first to see if the new formulation suits you.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I brought the 90 capsule bottle recommended by my friend.I was looking for anti aging product bcuz I have already hit 30.I am not a big fan of oil product cuz i get break out easily but my friend convince me to drop by the EA counter to try the texture thus the shopping mall was having a 20% off for their card member.The BA tried the oil on my hand and honestly I was not crazy over this product due to its texture but I heard alot of good feedback therefore I decided to buy.I am very skeptical about this ptd especially it contain mineral oil,its a big no no for acne sufferer like myself.I was really scared so I tried their gwp first which include 6pcs of the capsule just in case if the ptd breaks me out,I can do a exchange or refund. I only use the capsule at night,my face is pretty small so I used the remainder on my arms.The oil does not absord well and it leaves a film of oiliness on the skin even after applying the night cream but the next morning I woke up,the oil has disappeared leaving my skin soft and supple.I have been using this ptd more than a month now and no break out but I avoid applying on my fresh pimple just in case it might worsen the condition. My skin looks more soft and less rough,more plump and luminious,my facial lines is less visible.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

2 years ago

These disagreed with my skin, it tried them nightly for a week, it wasn't a pleasent feel, greasy but dry that comes with silicones, i came out in 6 or 7 angry red surface spots around my eyes and on my cheeks. I do think it improved the skin on my neck in the week but still a no go for me.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

My face felt oily but when I touch my face it wasn't oily. It's funny this oily sensation didn't hydrate my skin at all. Was so disgusting that I needed to wash my face afterwards.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

My dad and I have been using the sample pack of soft gels. The SA at the chanel counter created a monster becoz my 78 year old dad loves them. Tried to convince him to give me his sample--"absolutely not!" Ok my dad is a Metero thou. At least my dad will probably buy me a container when he buys his, he did spend $200 on chanel for me he's awesome like that. We have noticed both our skin has improved & mine is so soft l had red sore irritated skin from cosmetics irritations so this healed my poor skin I noticed an improvement, soothing & healing. This stuff works! My dad is also very satisfied w the results. We love them wish I could get my mom on them she had one face product: softsoap (liquid hand soap once a day that is ALL & her crappy Covergirl MU ewwww). I will rebuy so will my daddy. <3

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

Check out m review of Elizabeth Arden’s Advanced Ceramide Capsules. These little golden orbs of goodness, pack a daily anti-aging punch with two key anti-aging ingredients, Ceramides and Vitamin A (in two forms). Plus it’s elegantly and scientifically formulated in a way to allow those Ceramides to penetrate the skin for an extra punch of anti-aging goodness. And it’s great for sensitive skin peep’s like me, or people who are just starting out with Vitamin A and Ceramides. Watch my video to get the inside scoop on this amazing anti-aging powerhouse! <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/g-SI-Wnohso"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/g-SI-Wnohso" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

I'm heartbroken! I LOVED the old formulation of these. I used them nightly for years on my dry, extremely sensitive skin and I swear I got better results than any AHA or BHA without any irritation. My pores shrunk, my skin tone was more even, and I found them moisturizing enough that I didn't need anything else. Holy Grail!!! But my skin hates the new formulation. I'm red, irritated, and my skin feels vaguely burnt. I hate it when a classic product that actually works for my skin changes. The least they could do is keep the old ones that were beloved, had and introduce a new &quot;advanced&quot; version.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

I was confused with the slippery and silky texture of this serum at first. It feels like it doesn't sink right in. But it's not sticky at all. But the more i massage the product , i really like how it feels on my skin. It's silky smooth and i wake up with a glowing complexion and not oily [i normally wake up with super oily tzone] This product gives me more than enough hydration and not making my skin greasy. I use it alone at night after cleansing and toning. I can see visible difference on my skin texture. I'm dealing with bumps on my forehead. And it's so much better now. I use this product more than 2weeks now. Each pod is too much for my face, neck and chest. I'm so impressed with it and the packaging .. Sooo beautiful. Tho the price is a lil bit up there for me. Really enjoy using it

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29