NARS Tolede

4.6

on 3/22/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really lovely mlbb color that brightens up my NC20 complexion. I guess it wil work for many skintones, light to deep.
But....I won't buy it again because I found a great drugstore dupe: maybelline color sensational lipstick in 625 iced Caramel. The latter looks a tiny bit lighter in the tube, but on my lips there's no difference. I've even worn them together to work a few times (left side Tolede, right side Caramel LOL the things you do for makeup....) to see how they hold up. Same!
One con: the maybelline one has a sweet vanilla scent (fortunately not as nasty as l' oreal lipsticks so I don't mind very much). The nars seems to be fragrance free.

on 2/25/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wear this just about every day! It's the perfect lipstick to keep in my bag for when my lips need some color but I don't feel like an actual color and don't have time for liner or a brush. I wear Mont Blanc in the Sheer Glow and Terra Nouve in the tinted moisturizer. This is a pinky brown on me and deepens my lip color and livens up my face. You can put it on without a mirror and blend with a finger without worrying about it. I can wear this without balm and it gives a bit of moisture. Applys evenly and color can be built up. If this ever gets discontinued I'll buy up the rest at Nordstrom so I never run out! It's expensive for lipstick but worth it to me!

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really warm soft pink, so gorgeous and definitely Holy Grail Material. On my lips it is slightly warmer and brighter and pinker than my quite pigmented lips, the perfect MLBB that can also be used for nude makeup or no-makeup makeup.

The wear is amazing, it last from breakfast to lunch and even still have that nice stain afterward. It's not exactly hydrating but it's not drying either and is very comfortable to wear. It makes the lines on my lips to appear less and that's a definite win.

Really really really love this one, it's such a colour that's gorgeous and makes my face both brighter and softer, and is very comfortable to wear.

My first ever NARS lipstick and this is now officially my favourite lipstick!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

NARS there you go again. I honestly have so many NARS products I cannot live without.

Tolede is not my first NARS lipstick, but it's my first "daily" lipstick by NARS. I don't wear lipsticks often because I love to eat, drink coffee, drink tea, water, and I snack a lot. I don't like visiting the mirror and check lipstick because that makes me look away from the important things in front of me -usually food, boys, or friends.

Still I find I eat my tinted lip balm way too much, so I invested in a colour that is the colour of my lips. Yes. And I decided to pay $32CAD (+ tax = $36) for it. I know right.

Anyways I loooooooove it. It turns out, Tolede has a creamy finish and my lips look extremely beautiful and natural. It's not the colour of my lips but Tolede is one of those things where you're like, "hmmm this tuna sandwich tastes amazing, I can't tell why." Basically it works with every single makeup (or no-makeup) looks, and I just look good. I got this analogy from a guy, don't ask.

It lasts forever (even during and after eating) if you apply it with multiple layers. And with one layer, it lasts at least a few hours (even after eating). It doesn't disappear until you really want to remove it. Tolede is quite dark though, NARS calls it "pink rose" but (on me) it's more plum rose.

I love it for its lasting power, creamy finish, doesn't dry out my lips, it works like tinted lip balm but pigmented and beautiful. AND ELEGANT. That's the word.

on 7/23/2014 2:28:00 AM

I got Tolede after searching for a while for a my lips but better shade for the warmer weather . I have soo many strong lip colours but now I wanted something lighter and fresher .I have to say i took no notice of Tolede when it first came out in summer 13 collection and but I wish I had done ! It's a very pretty rose pink colour but I guess it has a bit of brown in there that stops it being glaringly pink . I'm very fair with i would say normal pigmented lips and this is definitely' MLBB 'on me . It stays true to the colour you see in the stick . The wear is average i would say for a lipstick a couple of hours on me , its a satin formula so i didn't expect it to be as long wearing as the matt formulas . I really like the colour and the feel of the lipstick and am finding myself wearing this everyday since i got it . Would definitely re purchase this colour .

on 12/10/2013 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Tolede is a beautiful rosy brown lipstick in Nars' satin lipstick formula. It was released in the Summer 2013 collection, but I was still able to pick this up on the Nars website as of a week ago.

Neutral shades like this often depend on the wearer, so for reference, I usually range between Mac NC35-40 or Nars Stromboli/Barcelona. I personally REALLY love how this lipstick looks on me. I'm a fan of Nars lip products in general but this happens to be my first of their Satin Lipsticks. It's a very comfortable formula to wear on the lips with. Tolede isn't totally opaque so it enhances your natural lip shade. I have very pigmented lips and Tolede is a warm MLBB shade for me. It makes my lips just slightly more reddish brown than they are naturally. It is really flattering and reminds me of the shade Brigitte Bardot wore on her lips. I've been on the hunt for the perfect wedding day lipstick and this is now a contender!

I'm really happy with this purchase, I only regret falling in love with a product that is limited edition! Nars is perhaps my most loved beauty brand. Their whole range from brushes to skincare to color cosmetics to foundations and concealers is terrific. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I want to say that there are not that many lipsticks that can be a good fit to everyone's lips, but this one is, the reviewer before me was lighter complexion so I am a few shades darker and it suits me very nicely, it has the rose shade that is undescribable but will give it a try, its like a mauve,pinkish brown, as if its the color of your lips but better, I believe they call it YLBB! well not everyone's lips are the same color but with Tolede it is, the lipstick kinda morphs into your own lip color but a little brighter to give you a pick me up look.It is permanent shade for Nars and it it sold at department store like Nordstrom, Saks, Nieman and Sephora for $26.00.

on 5/29/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for the perfect summer lipstick, this might be it. I'm a blue-eyed blonde and look washed out without lipstick but most colors are either too muddy or too strong for me. This one looks like the natural color of my lips only a thousand percent better! It's a little dry for me since I usually wear gloss but it seems to last through the morning which is a plus. This will probably become my signature color. Thanks to NARS new products I found the perfect lipstick and the perfect foundation for my fair with yellow and pink undertones complexion.Just bought NARS radiant tinted moisturizer in Groenland. I've been using MAC NC20 for years and can't believe how much better my skin looks with NARS.