Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

2.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hello ladies!

So i'm the type of gal that travels twice a year and I absolutely LOVE being bronzed. Living in Canada unfortunately I need to survive our winter months being ridiculously pail as I am natural very fair. Now before I start, I want to mention that I've used many pharmacy brand self tanners, the highest brand I used was from Shiseido and I regretted it. It cost me about 40$ CDN if not more and after 1 application I hardly saw any results (surprising as it has high reviews). Also to clarify, I have not used Vita Liberata or St Tropez.

This is the first self tanner that I indulged in because I saw so many good reviews from Beauty Guru's on You Tube. Upon seeing all the good reviews, I caved in and ordered it. They had a promotion of 2 for 1 so I said what the heck. After doing some research on makeup alley and others, I found a lot of negative reviews which made me regret my purchase.

I received my order after about 3 weeks and I tried it last week. Here are my comments

*Application*:
Prior to applying to self tanner, (this is very important) I showered and exfoliated. If you don't exfoliate, well say hello to patches and an uneven finish. I then moisturised (lightly) with a simple moisturiser to soothe the skin which avoids patches (especially on my elbows and knees).

The lotion is a white liquid, i'd say average thickness. My first worry was how i'm I going to know how much im applying? but I had nothing to lose so I applied it as a lotion rubbing it in to make it absorb. Again it's not thin so you need to rub it in.

They say it takes about 6 hours for the color to start appearing, I would say I started seeing the color develop 3-4 hours in.

The color was great but I still wasn't satisfied with the darkness so I applied a second coat after 6 hours.

* Color*:
I cannot believe how natural looking this self tanner is. Honnestly, theirs no words for it. No orange, no green, just a beautiful bronze redish color. I looked like I just got back from Domenican for 1 week. I had my boyfriend look at me and he couldn't believe it either. Not 1 streak, which highly surprised me because of the reviews I read. It's really unexplainable, but i'm really happy I found this product for the winter months. I cannot wait to see what it does when I am tanned and I want to boost my tan. The only streak I slightly saw was on my knees, this is the toughest body part. But like I said, moisturize and exfoliate that area as much as you can.

*Tan duration*:
After two applications, it lasted me about 5 days and I still see it slightly on my skin. No streaks in between showers. You will only see streaks if you sweat, especially if u wear a bra and ur sweating it might streak a bit after 1-2 days.

*Cons*:
Ok so besides the perfection of this product, the only con I can think of is after two applications I COULDN'T STAND SMELLING MYSELF. When you first apply the lotion, it doesn't really smell of self tanner, it has moisturizing ingredients inside such as almond oil which I sort of smelled but when the color started developing, I smelled that self tanner smell we all can't stand. I couldn't' t wait to take a shower in the morning. But, for me it was worth it.

All to say, this is the best self tanner I've tried yet. I DEFINETLY suggest this product, just make sure u do it properly, I don't dislike the fact that ur not as dark in the first application because it's buildable. Don't forget the easy application, I have no patience for mitts or brush ons.

Hope this helps!

I really wanted to love this product, I am quite fair skinned and hate that I have to apply multiple coats of tan products in order to get my desired colour. So I purchased this off the MDT website after rave reviews off Youtube.

I assumed after one or two coats I would be my desired colour but only after the third coat am I desired tan colour. This is exactly the same as my regular Dove gradual tan which I can get from my local supermarket for about $8NZD. This product is DEFINITELY not worth the hassle of paying about $40NZD all up for below average results.

I am no stranger to fake tanning products, from sprays and mousses to gel and lotions, so when I contacted MDT about my less than satisfactory experience with their product, they basically implied that I wasn't fake tanning properly.

Will not be repurchasing or purchasing anything else from Million Dollar Tan.

on 4/21/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's okay. I'm not as big of a fan of MDT as I am of Fake Bake, but I've used it some when I run out of my Fake Bake. It's not a bad product, but I probably wouldn't re-purchase.

on 4/14/2014 12:37:00 AM

i just use this extreme tan and the result is horrible. i got better tan when i was 15 and tried fake tan for the first time and had no idea what it is what it does or how to apply it.
the brush is the most stupid idea ever and spray dries to fast uneven and there is no time to blend it evenly. already while applying you can see uneven lines and you cant blend them!!! just terrible and who ever says it doesn't smell like self tanner its crazy! of course it smells like every other self tanner even after few showers.i been using sun lab and i ll go back to it for sure. dont buy it its not worth it unless u really dark already and want just more tan and still i would not buy this one

on 7/10/2013 12:33:00 AM

I haven't left a review in a million years but I had to for this st. I HATE the smell of self tanners and I'm pretty pale but have sworn off tanning beds and laying out just takes too long. Thought I was gonna be stuck being pasty. I ordered this and the extreme spray (which I haven't tried yet) and I love this stuff. At least 3 people have told me I look tan. And the best part is you can seriously put it on after a shower in the am and be normal all day with no smell!! It dries super fast and the tan looks really good. Customer service/shipping was awesome and fast. I got it in 2 days with the regular shipping. I've already ordered the bigger bottle. I guess the only cons I can think of is maybe price? At least compared to ds tanners. And you really have to rub it in well, but that just kinda makes sure your getting it on evenly. Also, I went with the extreme and I'm pretty fair, I think it looks good and def not too tan or orange at all. Has lasted about a week for me. Takes at least 6- 8 hours to develop, and I think the manufacturer said it maxes out at 12hrs? It does seem to get darker the longer you leave it. There's always coupons for 20% off on YouTube and Instagram too.