Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

1 review

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hello ladies!

So i'm the type of gal that travels twice a year and I absolutely LOVE being bronzed. Living in Canada unfortunately I need to survive our winter months being ridiculously pail as I am natural very fair. Now before I start, I want to mention that I've used many pharmacy brand self tanners, the highest brand I used was from Shiseido and I regretted it. It cost me about 40$ CDN if not more and after 1 application I hardly saw any results (surprising as it has high reviews). Also to clarify, I have not used Vita Liberata or St Tropez.

This is the first self tanner that I indulged in because I saw so many good reviews from Beauty Guru's on You Tube. Upon seeing all the good reviews, I caved in and ordered it. They had a promotion of 2 for 1 so I said what the heck. After doing some research on makeup alley and others, I found a lot of negative reviews which made me regret my purchase.

I received my order after about 3 weeks and I tried it last week. Here are my comments

*Application*:
Prior to applying to self tanner, (this is very important) I showered and exfoliated. If you don't exfoliate, well say hello to patches and an uneven finish. I then moisturised (lightly) with a simple moisturiser to soothe the skin which avoids patches (especially on my elbows and knees).

The lotion is a white liquid, i'd say average thickness. My first worry was how i'm I going to know how much im applying? but I had nothing to lose so I applied it as a lotion rubbing it in to make it absorb. Again it's not thin so you need to rub it in.

They say it takes about 6 hours for the color to start appearing, I would say I started seeing the color develop 3-4 hours in.

The color was great but I still wasn't satisfied with the darkness so I applied a second coat after 6 hours.

* Color*:
I cannot believe how natural looking this self tanner is. Honnestly, theirs no words for it. No orange, no green, just a beautiful bronze redish color. I looked like I just got back from Domenican for 1 week. I had my boyfriend look at me and he couldn't believe it either. Not 1 streak, which highly surprised me because of the reviews I read. It's really unexplainable, but i'm really happy I found this product for the winter months. I cannot wait to see what it does when I am tanned and I want to boost my tan. The only streak I slightly saw was on my knees, this is the toughest body part. But like I said, moisturize and exfoliate that area as much as you can.

*Tan duration*:
After two applications, it lasted me about 5 days and I still see it slightly on my skin. No streaks in between showers. You will only see streaks if you sweat, especially if u wear a bra and ur sweating it might streak a bit after 1-2 days.

*Cons*:
Ok so besides the perfection of this product, the only con I can think of is after two applications I COULDN'T STAND SMELLING MYSELF. When you first apply the lotion, it doesn't really smell of self tanner, it has moisturizing ingredients inside such as almond oil which I sort of smelled but when the color started developing, I smelled that self tanner smell we all can't stand. I couldn't' t wait to take a shower in the morning. But, for me it was worth it.

All to say, this is the best self tanner I've tried yet. I DEFINETLY suggest this product, just make sure u do it properly, I don't dislike the fact that ur not as dark in the first application because it's buildable. Don't forget the easy application, I have no patience for mitts or brush ons.

Hope this helps!