Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hello ladies!

So i'm the type of gal that travels twice a year and I absolutely LOVE being bronzed. Living in Canada unfortunately I need to survive our winter months being ridiculously pail as I am natural very fair. Now before I start, I want to mention that I've used many pharmacy brand self tanners, the highest brand I used was from Shiseido and I regretted it. It cost me about 40$ CDN if not more and after 1 application I hardly saw any results (surprising as it has high reviews). Also to clarify, I have not used Vita Liberata or St Tropez.

This is the first self tanner that I indulged in because I saw so many good reviews from Beauty Guru's on You Tube. Upon seeing all the good reviews, I caved in and ordered it. They had a promotion of 2 for 1 so I said what the heck. After doing some research on makeup alley and others, I found a lot of negative reviews which made me regret my purchase.

I received my order after about 3 weeks and I tried it last week. Here are my comments

*Application*:
Prior to applying to self tanner, (this is very important) I showered and exfoliated. If you don't exfoliate, well say hello to patches and an uneven finish. I then moisturised (lightly) with a simple moisturiser to soothe the skin which avoids patches (especially on my elbows and knees).

The lotion is a white liquid, i'd say average thickness. My first worry was how i'm I going to know how much im applying? but I had nothing to lose so I applied it as a lotion rubbing it in to make it absorb. Again it's not thin so you need to rub it in.

They say it takes about 6 hours for the color to start appearing, I would say I started seeing the color develop 3-4 hours in.

The color was great but I still wasn't satisfied with the darkness so I applied a second coat after 6 hours.

* Color*:
I cannot believe how natural looking this self tanner is. Honnestly, theirs no words for it. No orange, no green, just a beautiful bronze redish color. I looked like I just got back from Domenican for 1 week. I had my boyfriend look at me and he couldn't believe it either. Not 1 streak, which highly surprised me because of the reviews I read. It's really unexplainable, but i'm really happy I found this product for the winter months. I cannot wait to see what it does when I am tanned and I want to boost my tan. The only streak I slightly saw was on my knees, this is the toughest body part. But like I said, moisturize and exfoliate that area as much as you can.

*Tan duration*:
After two applications, it lasted me about 5 days and I still see it slightly on my skin. No streaks in between showers. You will only see streaks if you sweat, especially if u wear a bra and ur sweating it might streak a bit after 1-2 days.

*Cons*:
Ok so besides the perfection of this product, the only con I can think of is after two applications I COULDN'T STAND SMELLING MYSELF. When you first apply the lotion, it doesn't really smell of self tanner, it has moisturizing ingredients inside such as almond oil which I sort of smelled but when the color started developing, I smelled that self tanner smell we all can't stand. I couldn't' t wait to take a shower in the morning. But, for me it was worth it.

All to say, this is the best self tanner I've tried yet. I DEFINETLY suggest this product, just make sure u do it properly, I don't dislike the fact that ur not as dark in the first application because it's buildable. Don't forget the easy application, I have no patience for mitts or brush ons.

Hope this helps!

on 1/27/2014 9:07:00 AM

Update...is not that good as i was thinking.. Dosent fade evenly.. Is orangey and smells really bad you can get rid off smell.. Is not that bad but clinique or tan ceuticals cc, clarins are way much better maybe the best one out there, and banana boat too..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mixed reviews on this product. I bought the extreme tan lotion and I followed the directions on how to apply (moisturize elbows, hands, knees and feet) and I have to say it does have a great colour. I usually apply it twice to get a nice realistic tan (i'm fair-medium skin toned) The PROS: Does not smell like most self tanners, it actually has a pleasant smell, doesn't bother me at all. Does not transfer on bedsheets or clothes, does not fade blotchy, very even application. CONS: no colour guard, I've had a few times where I missed a few spots (around my armpits) because you really need to watch where you are applying, so pay attention!! Very thick in consistency, really need to work to blend it in, doesnt matter how well I moisturize my knees or elbows they always seem to be a bit darker then they should be. - Not terrible, but I'm just being honest:) I feel like you really need to practice with the application, I have trouble trying to get my hands and feet to blend flawlessly. I don't like using gloves to apply because I feel like the heat from my hands are needed to work in the product, so I'm constantly washing my hands during application to avoid orange hands. Because of this my hands are always lighter then my arms lol. If anyone has a recommendation on how to fix this problem please tell me!! It develops between 6-8 hours, so I'd recommend putting it on before bed and plan to shower in the morning, because after it develops it does have a metalic smell. I had a friend who put it on during the day and it started to rain and she was wearing sandals and her tan was all over the place lol, so put it on before bed. Overall I give this product a 7 out of 10, I like the colour but it is tricky to use. When I run out I will either purchase icon spray from MDT or Sun Labs, I've heard about sun labs from a few people and heard good things. I'll try it out and let you all know;)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Um... Am I missing something here with this product?! I purchased the Cabana Tan Extreme Lotion as I wanted the darkest one. I have a light medium Caucasian complexion. I've been a avid user of Sun Labs lotion (which is great), but I heard such great things about this million dollar tan lotion and saw such rave reviews about it on YouTube, I had to get my hands on it and give it a try. A self tan lotion with no smell? No color guard? Safe to wear out in public with no detection? Won't stain clothes or sheets? Applies and looks like regular lotion? Paraben and chemical free? ...Develops in 6-8 hours or 12 hours max for bronzed brown beautiful color? STOP RIGHT THERE... There's the problem. This stuff seemed to good to be true, because it is to good to be true. This so called "Extreme" lotion doesn't give off any more color than a gradual self tanner. I could prob get more color from a Jergens gradual glow bottle. I am very disappointed about this being that I purchased a two 8oz set for $70 from their site and that it didn't deliver the results I was falsely advertised it would. It can't just be my skin tone, as my skin tone is pretty much the same as all the gurus youtubers that raved about it. All the beauty gurus have deals with Million Dollar Tan and are supposed to commercialize their products like that, that's why there's always a "discount code" from them and why we are told "this is the way product I've ever used" or the "only thing I use"! Well it's all a marketing scam. If your a girl with a bit of a pale complexion just simply looking for a product to give you a great sun kissed tan overnight in the comfort of your home... your going to need to get a different product. Unfortunately as I said before, this doesn't deliver any more results than a gradual self tanner from cvs. And I got the so called "darkest formula". I'd hate to see how much color pay off the regular cabana tan lotion offers. If i am spending this kind of money on a self tan lotion, i want to look like i just came from the beach. i guess ill be going back to my SunLabs dark sunsation lotion. Now thats a lotion that will make you brown! Sorry Million Dollar Tan, I really wanted to love you, but I can't.

on 7/10/2013 12:33:00 AM

I haven't left a review in a million years but I had to for this st. I HATE the smell of self tanners and I'm pretty pale but have sworn off tanning beds and laying out just takes too long. Thought I was gonna be stuck being pasty. I ordered this and the extreme spray (which I haven't tried yet) and I love this stuff. At least 3 people have told me I look tan. And the best part is you can seriously put it on after a shower in the am and be normal all day with no smell!! It dries super fast and the tan looks really good. Customer service/shipping was awesome and fast. I got it in 2 days with the regular shipping. I've already ordered the bigger bottle. I guess the only cons I can think of is maybe price? At least compared to ds tanners. And you really have to rub it in well, but that just kinda makes sure your getting it on evenly. Also, I went with the extreme and I'm pretty fair, I think it looks good and def not too tan or orange at all. Has lasted about a week for me. Takes at least 6- 8 hours to develop, and I think the manufacturer said it maxes out at 12hrs? It does seem to get darker the longer you leave it. There's always coupons for 20% off on YouTube and Instagram too.

on 5/28/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I decided to start using self tanners again this summer after not having used them for several years. I was an avid STer before and had tried out soooo many different kinds, but I decided I wanted to try something I hadn't used before. When I saw some videos of one of my favorite youtube gurus, melphs, raving about this one, I thought I'd give it a go. (I'm in no way affiliated with her or her blog.) I first tried the original formula (she uses Extreme) and thought it was really nice, but it really is very light. I started out extremely fair (MAC NC10-15, NARS Gobi) and I had to apply two nights in a row to achieve a nice light tan. I was so impressed with the product and it's lasting power though that I decided I'd give it another try and order the Extreme version. I only want to have to apply once a week, and I want that one application to give me a light/medium tan. Dark tans are great but can be so much harder to maintain than lighter ones!

This one, like the original version, is a white/clear lotion, is organically made, fragrance-free (totally unscented), and paraben-free. I really love that because heavily fragranced lotions can irritate my skin and the sickly sweet smell of most sunless tanners really bothers me, and as someone who has had many family members get cancer (including both parents), parabens are definitely something I think about and try to avoid. I also love that it's a clear lotion because it won't stain my sheets! I noticed that this one was a little thicker than the original version and took a bit more time to completely blend in. It wasn't TOO long though; I do my tanning before bed and I do NOT want to have to spend a lot of time on it, and I definitely didn't feel this took too long. The great thing about this lotion is that even though it's white, it STAYS white until you've got it all blended in. So in a sense, it's basically a temporary white color guide! It really helps apply the product evenly. Another great thing is that this lotion dries VERY quickly. I always start with my legs, and by the time I finish my upper body my legs are completely dry. I only have to wait about 5 more minutes for my upper body to dry, and I'm done. I can put my pajamas on and feel nice and dry! With the Extreme version, full developing time for me is more like 12-24 hours but I definitely have a very nice tan going right when I wake up in the morning. DHA developing smell is VERY minimal compared to other sunless tanners I've used and it all goes away after I shower in the morning.

Also, just like the original version, this tan lasts a full week on me! (And that's with shaving my legs every other day!) And when it begins to fade, it fades SO evenly and naturally, just like a real tan. Absolutely no streaks, blotches, or lizard skin. It's amazing. While it's still a bit lighter than I would expect an "Extreme" sunless tanner to be, it's just right for me. I can apply it just one night of the week and have the tan I want for the rest of that week. My natural skin tone is very fair, but with warm golden/slightly olive undertones. So when I get a "real" tan, I naturally turn very deep golden/brown/olive. When I get super dark I get so golden that I almost look a bit orange. So sunless tanners usually give me a more brown tan, which is nice. This one definitely gives me a nice golden/brown/bronzey glowy tan.

The only slightly negative thing I've found about this product is that it doesn't work very well on my face. For whatever reason it just doesn't give me very much color there and it makes me a little itchy, but it didn't cause any breakouts. I also have a bottle of Bare Escentuals Faux Tan and that one works much better on my face. I think I'm going to buy the MDT Face Extreme and give that a try. Apparently it contains more DHA and skin-friendly ingredients so that might work better for me.

I've ordered their Tan Icon Extreme Dark Sunless Tanning Spray and am super excited to try that out, too. I really love this line of sunless tanners and can see myself continuing to use them for a long, long time! (I would just like to add that I exfoliate and also use body lotion on my feet, ankles, knees, elbows, around my under arms, and my hands prior to tanning. I use a loofah with bodywash everyday in the shower and always make sure to keep my skin moisturized thoughout the week. I apply with latex or vinyl gloves to avoid staining my palms.)