OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

3.7

Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Biotin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethyltrimonium Chloride Methacrylate/ Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Copolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 60725 (Violet 2).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner (19.5 ounces in each bottle) for about $9 a piece at the drugstore. I've been using them for about a month.

My fine, shiny, color treated hair needs volume but moisturizing properties too. Most products containing protein, take care of the thin and breakage, but dry out my ends. Most moisturizing products weigh my hair down. This contains protein but moisturizer too. This gave me what I needed wonderfully!

My hair looks thick, shiny and full, with a spicy and sweet fragrance, but it still smells clean. I have noticed that even though it states on the bottle that the effects of the products are temporary, I have noticed the volume lasts, less breakage to my ends and less hair fall since using it. It hasn't turned my blonde ends brassy or stripped the color elsewhere. I've used it in multiple water hardness while traveling and I get good results. I have not noticed any building up of residue.

I've travelled with the full size bottles (something I don't normally do) and haven't experienced any leaks or loose caps. I've dropped them in the shower a few times. The bottle is very sturdy.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I might stick with this system.

on 7/28/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Like someone said - smells like an old lady perfume! 100%!!! Quite expensive and did not work well for my dyed, long, straight hair. Scalp and hair felt very oily...
Might be difficult to squeeze out the product from the bottle

on 5/11/2018 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great shampoo and conditioner with a gorgeous scent. I have fine hair and this conditions well without weighing down

on 4/2/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

The Australian market versions of OGX are like washing your hair in in dish detergent. The conditioners are just as bad.

on 2/14/2018 2:10:00 PM

I have short hair with no body, and I've tried many products to give it volume. This shampoo works! The top flip cap tends to break off, so I deducted for packaging. After I shampoo my hair feels thick and tangled and I'm tempted to use conditioner, but that just weights down the hair. Ulta has BOGO sales sometimes which is how I started using it.

It lathers well, but smells like an old woman perfume. I couldn't stand the smell of my hair wet or dry. My husband even made a comment about me smelling like an old woman perfume. That was the last straw & I returned it. I gave it 2 weeks to try and like it, but it did nothing for me regarding volume.

on 12/9/2017 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This brand used to be my go-to for sulfate free shampoos and conditioners in the drugstore. Once I colored my hair it needed a little more TLC, but if you have healthy hair, this is a great suflate free option. It also lathers like regular shampoo, which is nice. Sulfate free has come a long way :)

on 12/7/2017 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, bummer. I was really hoping this shampoo would work for me but, alas, no. I agree with another reviewer that said the only thing it's got going for it is the smell. Washing your hair with it is a very pleasant sensory experience...the formula feels really good on your hair & hands and it has a warm, sugary smell. However, that's where anything positive ends for me. It leaves my hair dry, tangly (even with a deep conditioner), and the ends look stringy/thin. Yuck. In addition, my regular styling products are rendered totally ineffective.I really can't understand how this works for people with the hair type it's intended for (fine & thin). My hair is baby-fine and I don't have a lot of it, so my choice of shampoo matters. This one is a definite dud for me and I won't repurchase.

on 7/17/2017 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've always liked this brand, but even more so after I cut my hair short. I did that in part because it's been shedding a lot and getting a bit thinner and troublesome, and after the cut this line was worked so well for me. I first got the anti-fallout with the niacin and caffeine, but I like to alternate because my hair seems to get fatigue from using the same products all the time. So I added this to the rotation because of the biotin and all that, and like it a lot.
First off, it does have a really strong fragrance. The shampoo in particular, though the conditioner, while scented, isn't as potent. I struggled to figure out the scent, because it's not something that screams shampoo to me, and it was weirdly familiar. Finally it came to me: It smells a lot -- though I don't think it's a duplicate -- of TokyoMilk's Honey and the Moon. That one is described as smelling of honey, sugared violet, jasmine and sandalwood. This one is very close to that. It's a bit sweet, a bit flowery, and a bit something else. Fortunately I like the TokyoMilk so this was a happy find, even though I generally hate overly fragranced product.
The shampoo lathers well and leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped. The conditioner isn't heavy in that it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or greasy. I think I get a bit of volume from this duo, too. Nothing major, but I'm happier with it than I was with other products by other brands that left my hair looking limp and lifeless. I also notice less shedding with this line and the niacin-caffeine line, so I'm happy with that, too.
It's too soon to tell if the biotin (how much of that is actually in these, I can't say) will make a difference, but as a day-to-day shampoo and conditioner, I'm happy with how it cleans, adds a bit of body, and makes my hair fluff up a bit.

on 4/8/2017 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have purchased this numerous times- my hair is very long and platinum- this stuff definitely gives my long hair added volume and the color of it is a slight purple which keeps my blonde looking nice and white!