Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo

3.7

Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Biotin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethyltrimonium Chloride Methacrylate/ Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Copolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Dimethicone, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 7/17/2017 11:13:00 AM

I've always liked this brand, but even more so after I cut my hair short. I did that in part because it's been shedding a lot and getting a bit thinner and troublesome, and after the cut this line was worked so well for me. I first got the anti-fallout with the niacin and caffeine, but I like to alternate because my hair seems to get fatigue from using the same products all the time. So I added this to the rotation because of the biotin and all that, and like it a lot.
First off, it does have a really strong fragrance. The shampoo in particular, though the conditioner, while scented, isn't as potent. I struggled to figure out the scent, because it's not something that screams shampoo to me, and it was weirdly familiar. Finally it came to me: It smells a lot -- though I don't think it's a duplicate -- of TokyoMilk's Honey and the Moon. That one is described as smelling of honey, sugared violet, jasmine and sandalwood. This one is very close to that. It's a bit sweet, a bit flowery, and a bit something else. Fortunately I like the TokyoMilk so this was a happy find, even though I generally hate overly fragranced product.
The shampoo lathers well and leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped. The conditioner isn't heavy in that it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or greasy. I think I get a bit of volume from this duo, too. Nothing major, but I'm happier with it than I was with other products by other brands that left my hair looking limp and lifeless. I also notice less shedding with this line and the niacin-caffeine line, so I'm happy with that, too.
It's too soon to tell if the biotin (how much of that is actually in these, I can't say) will make a difference, but as a day-to-day shampoo and conditioner, I'm happy with how it cleans, adds a bit of body, and makes my hair fluff up a bit.

on 4/8/2017 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have purchased this numerous times- my hair is very long and platinum- this stuff definitely gives my long hair added volume and the color of it is a slight purple which keeps my blonde looking nice and white!

on 1/12/2017 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would have given it 5 stars after the first week of use, now I am on my 3rd week, I saw the not so good results.

Even after the first wash I can already feel and see the claims of this brand. My hair feels lighter but with volume. The hair-fall even minimized. I was very happy because I thought I already found a holy grail for my hair problems.

However, after maybe three weeks of washing, my hair fall fall problem is back and I am also starting to have dandruff. The same thing happened to my husband who is also using both, shampoo and conditioner.

You may still give it a try because it smells really good, the sweet smell last all day and it can really give your limp and oily hair a volume.

on 1/10/2017 11:58:00 PM

I'm obsessed with how this shampoo makes my hair look! There is a very noticeable difference in my hair thickness/volume when I use this vs other shampoos. This gives a lift and noticeable bounce to my hair (which is long and stick straight). It seriously makes it look like I got an expensive blowout every time I use it. I never use the conditioner though, just shampoo, rinse and done. All other volumizing shampoos make my hair feel greasy, heavy and gross like it's coated with something. With this my hair is light, clean, fresh and has noticeable volume. I LOVEEEE this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this shampoo a second chance after having not used it for a few months, due to it making my hair feel limp and greasy after subsequent use. While unimpressed before, I'm even more unimpressed this time. I used about a quarter-sized glob of shampoo for my shoulder-length hair and it lathered okay. It's only been a few hours since I washed my hair and already my hair feels greasy, heavy and unwashed; as if I didn't even wash it at all. My hair is a bit more on the thick side, so maybe that played a factor in the results I received, but I would not recommend this product. The only positive things I can say about this shampoo is that the scent is pleasant and the packaging is cute. Otherwise, mediocre shampoo, especially for the price.

on 12/12/2016 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

By far the least drying thickening product. Lathers well and smells clean, does not turn blonde hair brassy and adds a lot of volume to fine long hair, even air dried.

If your hair is dry as is, either pair this with a good mask or skip altogether because, like all thickening shampoos, this will also dry your hair out, although it won't be stiff, brittle or waxy, just coarser to touch and less shiny.

It will be possible to skip an extra day between washes even for very fine hair.

Those who didn't have any luck ingesting biotin due to acne, may experience a similar side effect with this shampoo.

Paired with the same conditioner, they make a great volume booster for flat hair but weightless shine serum will be necessary for styling. The set should have a leave-in spray as well, but not a single store carried it for some reason.

I liked the scent, made my hair fell like straw in he shower but after using the conditioner it went away. Left my hair feeling soft once dry. The packaging is Lage and bulky but every last bit of the shampoo comes it unlike the matching conditioner. I would only by again is i found t on sale again.

on 12/4/2016 6:52:00 PM

If fragrance is listed in the ingredients before the actual ingredients the brand says makes this shampoo special, then you know there aren't enough in it to make a difference. I purchased this based on raving reviews by a youtuber. I wish I had read the ingredients list first. The fragrance is so obnoxious. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to smell like cotton candy or cheap perfume, so they threw both in and hoped for the best. The shampoo itself left my hair feeling slimy, I assume due to the copious amount of 'cones in the formula. The conditioner was moderately better, but I cannot recommend the shampoo.

I had high hopes for this shampoo since I have fine, thin hair. This shampoo make my hair dry and heavy. The next day, it was matted to my head. It felt coated and I got no volume whatsoever. The only positive is the smell.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo. It's sulfate free and friendly for my naturally wavy 2B-2C fine, bleached hair. It does lather some and the smell is divine, just like Aquolina Pink Sugar. With all sulfate free shampoos, you have to thoroughly wet your hair and saturate with water first; I find I don't need a ton of this shampoo on my head for it to work. I use this, towel dry, then put on Redken Frizz Dismiss conditioner (about 1 Tbsp) and leave that in. Comb through then air dry and scrunch. I love it.

Popular Shampoos