Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick- Rose Tea

4.4

on 2/23/2017 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this for my mom, and she loves it! This is such a beautiful pinky nude color suitable for every skin tone. Now, in the new formula, you can have lunch wearing it and not have to touch up afterwards!!

on 2/16/2017 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

An absolute heaven on lips.

This lipstick is a true pleasure just to hold and look at. Packaging feels luxurious, metal and pleasantly heavy in the hand (kind of like a nice fountain pen).

Rose Tea is my absolute MLBB (my lips but better) shade. It is a neutral blend of pink and brown. When I pat the color lightly on, I look fresh, younger and like i have no lipstick on. With a regular full application I look polished, put together, but still natural.

Formula is very creamy, application is smooth and effortless. It lasts through the day, of course you have to reapply after a meal-that is a given.

I am almost done with my first piece, and I will gladly repurchase. Maybe even more shades from this line, because of the great formula.

on 9/29/2015 11:02:00 AM

Rose Tea is a GORGEOUS warm rosey-pink color. The perfect mlbb color! Not too dark (which can look brown or muddy), not too light (which can look pink or nude), but juuuuuust perfect earthy-rose color.
It is a soft, dimensional color, and looks soooooo beautiful, natural and sophisticated. Very creamy and hydrating - makes lips feel moist and plump for hours. Color lasts a long time.
Honestly, when I saw this in the tube at Macys I thought it looked wayyyy too brown. I almost didn't buy it. But I trusted the MUA reviews, and went ahead a purchased it. And amazingly, it doesn't go on brown AT ALL ... It goes on a gorgeous warm rose. LOVE this color! I hope they never discontinue it!! <3 <3 <3

on 7/22/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Rose tea is the perfect dusty neutral browned rose. It is the shade you get when you bite your lip. I cannot pull off pinks/rose shades generally but the brown in this saves it from being too cool toned and I think it is quite neutral and would suit alot of audiences. I can imagine this would be the perfect bridal lipstick - amps up the natural lip and would look very natural in photos works great at night in place of all my nudes which wash me out in night lighting. Very versatile, gives a great stained effect for daytime/casual wear just press a bit in (dabbing motion) and it blends right into my natural lip tone. Love the fragrance/fig flavour of these and the packaging is gorgeous too. Definitely has become a staple in my makeup bag this is my perfect not quite nude, not quite red/pink lip shade.

on 7/19/2014 12:40:00 AM

One of my absolute favorites for a nude lip. The formula for this is just perfect. It's not too waxy, not too hard, not too soft. Creamy and forgiving of even my driest winter lips. If I'm lazy and skip lip liner, it doesn't go wandering off. Wear time is above average for me, and I'm constantly drinking something. Love this!

on 5/13/2014 1:15:00 AM

I got this as part of a makeup set for my wedding as a gift. there were 4 lipsticks in total and I totally love the formula and color of this product. rose tea is the most gorgeous dusty rose color. I threw mine away last year after having it for almost 6 years and i now regret because I've started getting into lipsticks more now. gre

on 11/19/2013 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I've never reviewed this before. This is my favorite lipstick from Estee Lauder. I'm pretty sure a drugstore alternative may exist, but the EL brand is so creamy and glides on smooth. I usually receive mine as a gift in a EL gift set, so I have never purchased. One year I did buy for my mother in law, as it is a very versatile shade that looks nice on almost all skin tones. It's a nude, rose-y color. I love it!

on 11/19/2013 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

its my ultimate mlbb.
mom gave me this and 2 other different colors. i love this color the most. its a safe everyday color for school and work.
i have a dry lips, other brands tend to dry me out but this one is not. very pigmented and moisturize well. last long too.

on 9/17/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Rose Tea Estee Lauder Pure Color is divine. Simply Divine. The most important aspect in a lipstick for me these days is lasting power and moisture power. I want a lipstick that is not going to dry my lips out. I have lips that can run to dry from the air and allergies. I need something to make them soft, supple and smooth. I can not stand a lipstick to cause rough skin. And having some mild wrinkles around my lips I do not want this seeping into the edges oof my smile. I want it to stay put and last while giving me a soft moist dewy glow. EL did it! They made a lipstick that looks good, stays put and makes my lips feel smooth.

If you want a color that goes with anyone's skin tone, definitely give Rose Tea a whirl. If you skin is chocolate, black, beige, brown, cinnamon, yellow, ruddy, peach, lily, Cafe, Caramel, Linen, Sephia ... You name your skin tone and this classic color will look stunning on you. If you pull back your lips and look at your gums on the inside of your mouth you might notice this very color. Or a semblence of this tone of color on your lips. I guess EL did a good job in finding a shade that can make anyone look lovely. I discovered this lipstick last spring when it came free with purchase. Well. I went and bought a second one. This is an every day classic hue that looks great in the office, at a soccer game or going out to dinner. I would not say this is a racy, date night, sexy and flirty color for a first date. If you are looking for a sexier color try Scarlet Siren. Save the Rose Tea for work or school. I keep an extra in my purse for the touch ups.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my hunt to find "the perfect nude" I was given this lipstick at first I liked it even though it was a tad lighter than I would want but the perfume Estee Lauder uses in their lipsticks is entirely over powering for me to the point of sickness. If you can handle the smell that lingers after you put it on then it goes on smooth and pigmented. I owned a few other lipstick by this brand and they all have the same strong perfume taste and smell. I used to own apricot, black cherry and mocha.