Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

Sephora  Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil
Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

3.6

refer also to the picture.INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Synthetic Wax,Mica, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phytosterols, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have tried this pencil in only one color, the hunter green shimmery shade. This liner is very soft. It does not drag when applied. You can smudge it out a little. This shade is soooo pretty. I do doc a lippie for sheerness. This shade is a little thin and when I go back over to build it up, it doesn't really build. I'm curious to try a matte finish pencil from this line.

Gone after 3 hours (shade Tiramisu).
One of the worst eyeliner's I ever bought

on 5/3/2017 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

These are pigmented and long-lasting, though I don't find them to really be waterproof. There's a nice color selection so there's probably a shade for everyone. They don't glide on as easily as I prefer, which is a bit of a hangup for me. There's good enough that I'd use a small one if I got it as a GWP, Play box, etc., but not good enough that I would spend $14 on it.

on 1/20/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really enjoying this eyeliner because I thought finally, an eyeliner pencil that my tightlining-n00b self can handle! I ordered it in Black after seeing it raved about on the boards, and it's just so much quicker than tightlining with a brush+gel. I liked the packaging and the formula seemed to last throughout the day…but after about two weeks I noticed that if my eyes watered or I cried with the liner on and it ran, my eyes would be VERY unhappy for a few hours afterwards -- blurry, painful, and red -- even after removing it with cleansing balm. Some ingredient in this product doesn't jive with my eyes, which is really too bad because I was liking the ease of a pencil liner a lot. I wouldn't repurchase but I still think this product is good, so 3 stars from me.

on 10/15/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Seeing as I've amassed 13 of these eyeliners over the years, it's safe to say I'm a pretty loyal fan. Given the wide shade range (with constant discontinues and new colors released), there are bound to be some flops, but for the most part, I'm thoroughly impressed with the formula. The metallic shimmery ones are intensely pigmented and never seem to disappear from the waterline. The matte brown color (Tiramisu) is my HG everyday brown eyeliner. This gorgeous, rich, dark brown applies so smoothly and lasts all day. Flirting Game, a shimmery taupe, makes for a pretty pseudo eyeshadow when smudged over the lid. The only shade that I found underwhelming is surprisingly the matte black (Black Lace), which seems to fade in opacity rather quickly, but it's not like everyone and their mother hasn't already discovered their perfect staple black liner.

For $10 a pop, you'd be hard-pressed to find higher quality pencil eyeliners within this price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A little 50/50 on this one. I have 2, in Cocoa and Black Lace. They're beautiful upon application. Very pigmented and smooth. Glides easily. I was very impress at first with how long and well they stayed on my eyes without eye primer. Once set, they don't budge or transfer. OK, I think, even if you have hooded or small lids space. Easy to remove and does not leave panda eyes effects.

BUT here's where i draw the line. They do run out on the pencil quickly. This is almost smudge-proof. In hot, humid weather (plus if you're oily) it does tend to smudge just a little. Just a smidge (for me, at the corner of my eyes. No biggie really). Also, they tend to transfer to eyelash curler all the time. The biggest beef I have with this product is that it is almost impossible to sharpen them without breakage. Am I alone on this? I've tried freezing the pencils but to no avail. They're a little pricier, too.

I do think a retractable would be a better option if you're only interested in lining without smudging or if you don't want the hassle of having to sharpen your eyeliner often.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Comes in like, 35 shades (I only ever wear black or a brown variation so that is irrelevant to me). I used to own Flirting Game (which I lost!) & it was a lovely taupe & then I got Cocoa #14 in my Sephora Bronze Bares All [set of 8 products] & used Cocoa today w a new UD duo & I'm not sure which was the culprit (or allergies) but my eyes watered so badly all day! I hope it is unrelated to these 2 new-to-me products id hate for them to be causing it & will wear again {prob tomorrow} to ascertain but it's gone-like-a-59-cadillac this supposedly waterproof eyeliner but my eyes did water A LOT!! May want to skip this if u have a lot of eye allergies/sensitive eyes. It was fine for about 2 hours then it got kinda dicey. :-/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Loved the easy glide but the big thing with me is finding eyeliners that don't smudge and this was not one of them. Tried it for a week 2 out of 7 days it did not smudge but on the other 5 days it SMUDGED LIKE CRAZY THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Threw it out will not be re purchasing.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It is really interesting to read all of the reviews and to see people's vastly differing experiences with this product- one person's HG is another's disaster! Just goes to show how each persons skin type, ph, application, base products, climate, lifestyle etc etc etc all make such a difference to how we each experience a product- kinda cool! Also why it can be so frustrating to find the right products for yourself...sigh.

Anyway.

This was a winner for me. I absolutely love it. I have it in 5th avenue, and look forward to buying several more colours. I find it glides on with no tugging and gives me time to blend/smudge out before it sets up. It has a surprisingly creamy consistency for a pencil, yet after it has set (within a minute or so for me) it does not budge until I take it off. No smearing, no flaking, no fading. Fantastic performance at a great price point.

My sister is the one who introduced me to this product. She has notoriously oily eyelids and really struggles to find eye products that work for her. This is her HG eyeliner.

on 8/28/2016 7:03:00 AM

One of the worst eye pencils. Does not last. After 20 minutes it disappears.