Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

Sephora  Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil

3.8

refer also to the picture.INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Synthetic Wax,Mica, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phytosterols, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Comes in like, 35 shades (I only ever wear black or a brown variation so that is irrelevant to me). I used to own Flirting Game (which I lost!) & it was a lovely taupe & then I got Cocoa #14 in my Sephora Bronze Bares All [set of 8 products] & used Cocoa today w a new UD duo & I'm not sure which was the culprit (or allergies) but my eyes watered so badly all day! I hope it is unrelated to these 2 new-to-me products id hate for them to be causing it & will wear again {prob tomorrow} to ascertain but it's gone-like-a-59-cadillac this supposedly waterproof eyeliner but my eyes did water A LOT!! May want to skip this if u have a lot of eye allergies/sensitive eyes. It was fine for about 2 hours then it got kinda dicey. :-/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Loved the easy glide but the big thing with me is finding eyeliners that don't smudge and this was not one of them. Tried it for a week 2 out of 7 days it did not smudge but on the other 5 days it SMUDGED LIKE CRAZY THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Threw it out will not be re purchasing.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It is really interesting to read all of the reviews and to see people's vastly differing experiences with this product- one person's HG is another's disaster! Just goes to show how each persons skin type, ph, application, base products, climate, lifestyle etc etc etc all make such a difference to how we each experience a product- kinda cool! Also why it can be so frustrating to find the right products for yourself...sigh.

Anyway.

This was a winner for me. I absolutely love it. I have it in 5th avenue, and look forward to buying several more colours. I find it glides on with no tugging and gives me time to blend/smudge out before it sets up. It has a surprisingly creamy consistency for a pencil, yet after it has set (within a minute or so for me) it does not budge until I take it off. No smearing, no flaking, no fading. Fantastic performance at a great price point.

My sister is the one who introduced me to this product. She has notoriously oily eyelids and really struggles to find eye products that work for her. This is her HG eyeliner.

on 5/27/2016 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I can't say that I'm a big fan of Sephora brand products, but this liner is great. I usually use a cream liner with a brush as I prefer the look, but I like to have pencils in basic shades on hand to use when I'm in a hurry or don't want to bother with a brush. Tiramisu is a dark, cool, matte brown that goes on extremely smoothly, smudges wonderfully easily, yet wears extremely well once it sets. I love that it doesn't have too much red in it as most brown liners do. It removes easily with biphasic eye makeup remover and doesn't irritate my eyes. It must be sharpened, but I prefer that for eye pencils since the twist-up type only give a fine line with the first use. This pencils beats Marc Jacobs' by a mile, and for half the price. I will repurchase.

on 3/31/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a matte charcoal gray and thought I'd give this one a try. I have this is 5th Avenue, which is a dark matte gray. I love it. For $14 -- it seems a little pricey -- I'm still looking for a drugstore dupe (hate paying tons for liner). I put this in my upper water line, smudge it in my lash line, use it as regular liner --- any way I use it -- it works. Doesn't smudge down or wear off. It is the perfect color that I was looking for.

on 3/24/2016 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The product is easy to apply, but it smudges instantly so it's definitely not waterproof as it claims to be. I bought the cocoa liner expecting brown only to get something too dark for me. The only pro to this liner is the cost, which is $10. I will definitely not be purchasing this product again.

on 1/29/2016 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It applies smooth but it smudges immediately. You can't even get an opaque line because it smears away while you are trying to apply it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like these pencils but I just find myself reaching for my cheaper alternatives more often. Rimmel is my go to

on 1/7/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This review is specific to the 24- Surfer babe blue pencil. Not happy with this product at all. The color was gorgeous but it smears like crazy - on my upper eyelids and around the corners. And the worst part is how hard it is to remove. I feel like a smurf trying to get it off, none of the other eyeliners I own take this much effort to remove. I also own 06 - Blonde ambition, 14 - Cocoa, 25 - Galaxy girl and 32 - Tango night. I've been pleased with those pencils but will not be purchasing 24 - Surfer babe again.

on 8/13/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have hooded, oily eyelids so finding an eyeliner that doesn't smudge is important to me. I never had much luck with pencil eyeliners due to the fact that they fade, smudge or disappear on my lids. Also I stopped bothering to line my waterline because of it! I bought this because it claims to be waterproof and it is cheaper than the other pencil liners in the store. When I swatched it on my hand, I was initially impressed as it came out pigmented and it didn't rub off with my finger. I went ahead and bought this is Tiramisu (matte dark brown) for about 12 dollars. I used this to create a smudged smokey eyeliner look I like to wear when I'm feeling low maintenance with my makeup. First I used Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my eyelids and then I smudged this liner close to my upper lashline before setting it with a brown eyeshadow on top. My eye makeup tends to crease after 4 hours in heat so I looked in a mirror to see some of the liner has left this dried cakey residue at the ends of my eyes and around my under eyes. I recommend to not layer too much of this eyeliner because of its waxy formula will crumble around your eye no matter how good your eye primer is. I decided to stick with my liquid and gel/ cream liners to line my upper lashline instead. I would not repurchase this product.