81%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This has become a staple in my everyday routine. Spf is important for everyone, but being on Retin-A it’s absolutely mandatory everyday. Most sunscreens burn my face, but this one doesn’t at all. I like the runny texture, it’s weightless so it doesn’t feel like a thick mask like most sunscreens can. The tint is just enough color to even out skin tone. Any blemishes or dark scars would need concealer but i could see myself just wearing this and no foundation/BB cream during the summer. This sunscreen will be great on my upcoming tropical vacations- I’ll get spf protection and tint all in one. My only issue is the scent- it has the typical Clarins plant scent. It dissipates quickly, though, and doesn’t irritate my skin or eyes like most fragranced cosmetics.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

4 years ago

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL and the tinted version (I'm wearing Light) has been discontinued in Canada. I don't know how I'm gonna survive without this product which covers all my redness, yet is still sheer enough it's like I'm not wearing anything. Plus with the FPS40 it was perfect for my fair skin. HOW I'M GONNA GO THROUGH LIFE NOW, IDK. I'm currently trying the Clarins Ever Matte but it's not as perfect as this product, tho it's a close match (not as sheer tho so it appears slightly too pink on me). If anyone knows where I can purchase a backup somewhere online, please save my life.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

4 years ago

I got this suncreen as a sample from Clarins. It is the 3mL package which is very tiny, but it lasts many times. It's not waterproof which I'm ok with. The smell of it is very nice. The texture is watery, light, and non-greasy as it claims, so it is easy to apply. Did not irritate my skin or cause break out. However, I have fair to medium skin, the color of this product is too dark for me. Also, regardless of the color, it doesn't blend in with my skin.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I picked this up at the Clarins warehouse sale for only 14$!! I'm a regular user of their non tinted version, and that's actually the one I was searching for at the sale, but they only had the tinted ones available and at 14$ I couldn't say no! I already love the sunscreen formula as it is light, non-greasy and non-comedogenic. I have to say that I am very pleased with the tinted aspect of this product as well. I have it in the shade light (the lightest colour) and it is a little bit too dark for me (I wear Chanel VA in Beige 10), but since it is sheer it is still passable. It has enough color in it to look like you've worn a light coverage foundation - just enough to even out your skin tone without looking too heavy or obvious. Its very easy to blend out since it is very fluid - I just dot this onto my face and spread with my fingers. Its a little on the expensive side but its a really good product. The lasting power is ok. It does not do much for oil control, so I do feel I need to blot after a few hours. We should be reapplying our sunscreen every few hours anyway, so I don't expect the formula to last more than 4 hours anyway. The one downside is that it only comes in 3 shades. If you can find a colour match and need a good sunscreen I would highly recommend this product!

About reviewer (169 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

This mineral sunscreen is wonderful for summer. It is a light weight formulation with easy spreadability and colour correcting properties. What first hooked me on this product was how pigmented it was and how well it evened out my redness (I am fair skinned). It essentially creates a perfecting veil over the skin and dries to a near-matte finish that is fresh, radiant and dewey. I use this in place of my foundation during late spring and throughout the summer months. The coverage is buildable and while I generally opt for full coverage foundations (Lancome's Mircale Tint) I enjoy the natural looking radiance this product offers. On good skin days I will apply just enough to protect against the sun and on days where I have break outs I will apply an extra coat or two and set with pur minerals miracle mist. Due to its near-dry finish it does not become oily or greasy when I am out in the sun sweating during the day. With an SPF of 40 it is really a miracle for the summer months.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is the priciest sunscreen I ever purchased but I’m so glad I did. I love this so much it. It is lightweight and non-greasy. The coverage is just nice. I don’t look like a geisha (lol) like how some other tinted sunscreens will do to your face. The coverage is not too obvious yet it is good enough to cover majority of my redness. On lazy days, I just have to apply this and some loose powder and I’m good to go.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

1.0

6 years ago

I wish I could have had the experience of other reviewers. I initially liked the product because of the color match, lightness, and protection. However, this product gave me horrendous, horrendous acne. I have cysts under my eyes and my chin is covered in huge bumps. Even three days after discontinuing use I have more stuff popping up. If you don't have sensitive skin, then this may work well for you. If you're sensitive like me, then stay far away!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

6 years ago

I use this product every single day. Most days I use this instead of foundation, and just dust some Clarins loose powder over it. I love the matte finish and how it really appears to perfect your skin. It looks really weird and runny, but it really surprised me how well it evened out my skin tone. It works better than most tinted moisturizers! In addition, it never breaks me out and is less oily than other sunscreens. However, I still need to blot/powder throughout the day (I have very oily skin that nothing stops). It also doesn't exactly last the entire day, maybe because of how greasy I am. It works great as a primer underneath my foundation, and helps it last longer. During the summer, because I'm so oily, I can get away with just this without any moisturizer underneath...it makes my life so much simpler! It helps protect against the sun as well as external pollutants, and my skin stays pretty much clear over the entire summer. Now that it's getting a bit cooler I need to use a little bit of moisturizer in my dry spots. The bottle costs $42, but it's pretty big and lasts quite a while. It's no more expensive than the high end foundations you would use.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

7 years ago

Got a sample from the Clarins counter and was impressed. Tried it on 4-5 days. Great light texture which dries to a lovely finish, a bit of coverage. Good for normal to oily skin. Did not irritate my eyes or skin, which normally are irritated by most anything out there. Did not break me out. Put it on and give it five minutes so it dries, then continue with powder or other makeup on top if you choose to use it - but using this, I wouldn't use anything but powder on top. You really don't need more makeup. If I hadn't just purchased a Skinceuticals Physical Fusion with tint the week before, I would have jumped on this. UPDATE: This did not last during the day as long as I had hoped. At about the 4 or 5 hour mark, lots of blotting is needed and finish was a bit greasy, despite having applied powder. I need a finish that lasts through a ten or 12-hour day. A few tiny breakouts also occurred with several days' use. Between this and the Physical Fusion by Skinceuticals, the PF was superior.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesHazel

7 years ago

On the weekend days when I am too lazy about wearing moisturizer, sunscreen and then foundation, I just put this sunscreen on right after washing my face. It does not dry up my skin, and I do not break out. If I remember correctly, it's oil-free. The Light shade blends in very well with my skin and covers almost all of my discolorations. It looks natural but somewhat dark for me. During the winter days, I'd mix the non-tinted Clarins UV Plus sunscreen with this tinted one. The only downside I find is that after a few hours the product turns orange, so I have to remove the sunscreen and reapply.I'd give up all my foundations and use this sunscreen if this didn't oxidize into orange.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure