Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by hair type : Other
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.5

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 6/21/2018 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So 4 or 5 years ago I purchased Dim Light. I made my skin look fabulous, finish wise,but something was just off. It lasted 5 years for me because I didn't use it everyday, especially when my skin was dry in winter.

I just finished it and also finally figured what was slightly off. It was making me look slightly bronzed. Not obvious at all, but to me I noticed it once I figured it out. I am light skinned with cooler undertones....nothing bronze will work on me.

So when I went to get a replacement for Dim, the SA at Sephora suggested Diffused. At first I was thinking no way, once she leaves I'm picking up a different one! It looked so yellow in the store. But, she said it would be suited to my pink undertones. So, I figured I would try it out. Looked great on in the store, but the true test would be in other lighting. I bought it anyway because I knew I could just return it if I hated it.

So I got in the car. Looking good! The end of the day....still looking good! The best of all is that it is not yellow in real life...more of an ivory with just a tiny hint of butter yellow, but mostly what I would call a deeper ivory?

Anyway, I love it. Skin looks great. I don't wear foundation on most of my face (just two small areas really), and I just use primer and this, spray on the old setting spray, and my skin looks great all day.

Cool toned gals....don't let the yellow scare you off. It really looks great with cooler toned skin.

It's probably all in my head but when I look in the mirror, I look like one of those Instagram girls, but without all the fancy stuff they use to look flawless. I also look older than those Instagram girls, well, because I am older.....but my skin looks great.

the hype got me! diffused is a very useful ambient lighting powder. im nc 20 after much reading i decided to buy it as an all over finishing powder(so that i get the most use for the price) and i love it! it is finely milled at first i couldnt see a difference but after a couple of uses i do see the difference- a more diffused, blurred imperfections. it is very subtle but i do see a GLOW.
if u are around nc 20-25 try this out for a few days if u dont see a differnce just return it

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

on 6/3/2014 6:55:00 AM

I have been looking for a product to blur out my dark circles and I found what I was looking for in Diffused Light. With a little eye brightener concealer and this powder to set, by dark circles vanished. My eyes look bright and awake. Love this stuff, definitely won't leave the house without this on!

on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This powder really does give you an inexplicable glow. I used it everyday on top of my mineral powder foundation and it somehow made my face look more radiant.

However, two weeks later red blistery cysts appeared all over my cheeks, where I do not usually break out. It has been a month and they are only just coming to a head/ going away. It was the only new product I had added to my makeup/skincare routine and sadly I was too excited about how pretty it was and did not realise that it contained Bismuth Oxychloride :(

on 2/3/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first heard about these ambient lighting powders I figured it was one of those things that was overhyped and wouldn't be worth the steep price tag. HOWEVER, Diffused is now in my top ten favorite makeup products. I use it lightly all over my face after I use an actual setting powder (I'm oily). This honestly just makes me face look more luminous and less drab. I don't know what it is exactly and you don't NEED it, but if you're looking to splurge on something for a nice occasion then I'd definitely go for it. It's kind of a lit from within look, is that the phrase? You can see tiny shimmer but it's not like Edward Cullen and super obvious or anything, it's actually really subtle. This is a good shade for my pale skin.

on 12/3/2013 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Diffused Light- finishing powder- as it is described and marketed by Hourglass cosmetics.
I use this powder with a large powder brush all over my face just before I pick up my keys and head out into the world.
Diffused Light- gives my makeup a nice polished look, my skin a radiant glow,
Diffused Light is not glittery or shimmery.

on 9/22/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I must update my original review. It took me a while to warm up to this powder, but now I really love it. I changed from BB's yellow pressed powder, which was looking cakey onme, to LM loose translucent as a setting powder. I use that only on my nose and forehead and to set concealer on my face, then use a light dusting of Diffused Light all over my face just before applying mascara. It makes my skin look wonderful and my makeup pretty much flawless. I also use a very light dusting to set my undereye concealer and eye primer or cream shadow (with my MAC 2244), and it makes a great difference over using the LM. My entire eye area looks luminous and, well, clean--no small feat at 57. It also looks great in the inner corner of my eye when I remember to apply it. Yes, the packaging is cheesy and the powder is fragile, but I have to say that this was a good purchase and a great product for my NC 20-ish complexion. Now I would repurchase.

I have to agree with violetmist--I like this product, but I don't need it. I use Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow (sparingly) as a setting powder, but apply a light veil of Diffused Light over my makeup when I've finished everything. It is absolutely not sparkly or obvious, even in direct sunlight, and does give my skin a bit of a glow and seems to make my makeup looks softer, as though I spent all day blending. It's a very natural look. This is a very dry powder, so I'm careful not to overapply (I use the Ambient Powder Brush), and it's also a soft powder (not firmly packed), so it's fragile and wouldn't be good to tote around in a purse. The compact is oversized and a bit cheesy, but that doesn't bother me. Overall, I'll enjoy this powder while it lasts (and it will for a long time, given how little I use), but I wouldn't repurchase.