Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 11/24/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful finishing powder. I have super oily, very temperamental skin which requires setting powder to keep the ensuing oil slick at bay. Unfortunately powder is aging BUT with this pan of delight as a finishing powder I regain my youthful glow. I apply it with a dense fan brush and find this gives the perfect finish for me. Have had mine 2 years and with almost daily use I'm only halfway through so realistically it's not that expensive.

on 12/20/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's taken me a while to write this because I wasn't entirely sure if I loved this or not. But I've noticed I reach for this product often, and, some application hiccups aside, I usually love the effect it gives.

I ended up buying this after seeing a Wayne Goss review and thinking he looked amazing wearing it. It's $62 or something here in Australia, which is expensive (but not too different from a lot of other mid to high end brands). It was this or the NARS one.

When I first got this I was kind of disappointed, I was using a soft kabuki brush to dust it on and it often looked powdery. After getting some counter advice I realised you need to buff this on, preferably with a slightly stiffer brush. The packaging is typically awesome looking Hourglass, but it's plastic so I wouldn't recommend dropping this on a hard floor or dumping it in your handbag with heavy stuff. It's robust but not indestructible.

I think this product is fairly multipurpose, it will definitely work as an 'invisible' finishing powder a la Guerlain Meteorites (but I prefer Meteorites for that job), but it can also be worn as a stand-alone powder or as a highlighter. I like this as a finishing powder but it can look slightly powdery if you over apply or apply it with a brush that doesn't buff it in. It's not like the Meteorites which you can't really see once they're on. I does have the skin perfecting look however, though it's better at a distance or in photos, whereas the Meteorites look nice close up too. The Meteorites are extraordinarily finely milled, whereas this is on par with most powders I've used in the past- if you pack it on you'll get cake face.

If you wear it alone it provides a slightly 'perfecting' look, it's not as good as a foundation but you'll look 'better' and the powder isn't visible (on my oily skin at least).
Where this really shines though is as a highlight, it adds glow but no colour or obnoxious metallic shimmer (so it won't dramatically change your blush colour or look greasy) and it means you can use it all over and then build up where you highlight (and it will keep oil at bay too).

If you want this exclusively as a 'perfecting' finishing powder I'd get the Meteorites instead, they never look powdery on, will last longer and only cost a bit more. If you hate scented products though, get this because the Meteorites I extremely violet lolly scented.
However this is a great product in its own right and I use it a lot- probably more than the Meteorites (because I don't have to be paranoid my two year old will knock them over or think they're lollies) and I use it much more than all my highlighters because it is much harder to overdo.

I'm curious to try some of the others now, which is a pretty big turnaround from being kinda bummed about it when I first got it. Maybe Mood Light next?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great product, but I did have to modify normal application to suit my very oily skin. It's a setting powder which means you apply it over foundation/concealer as the last step in your face makeup. For me though, I have to use a mattifying powder first (I've been using MakeUpForEver's High-Def for years - still the best I've tried) with a dense brush and then swipe on the Hourglass powder with a big fluffy brush on top of that. If I apply it by itself without a mattifying powder first, my face only gets super oily, not radiant. And the shimmer in the Diffused powder, although extremely fine, just highlights the oiliness if I use the powder by itself. All that aside, Diffused is very subtle and does appear to soften lines and other imperfections, albeit very slightly - it doesn't provide perfect, Photoshopped-looking skin, but it does improve its appearance a little. I'm not crazy about my skin so even a tiny bit of improvement makes Diffused worth buying. I apply either this or Ethereal (which is almost identical to Diffused) nearly every day now. I skip it on days I'm short on time so it's not exactly a "holy grail" product for me, but I'd buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials