Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 7/28/2017 2:45:00 AM

Okay so this is an amazing powder. It can be used as a setting powder, but because I have oily skin I use it as a finishing powder on days I want a glow from within look. I absolutely love all the colours but this one drew me in.

The powder is finely milled and the shimmer in it looks more like a beautiful glow and not glitter all over. I do find that the quantity you get for the price is exceptionally high so I tend to use it sparingly. I love to add this on no make up makeup days.

I have recently come across the Physicians Formula Illuminating Youth Boost translucent illuminating powder and find that this may perform similar to this powder. It is translucent so no wash of colour but a similar sheen to the face. Love the product anyway.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolute HG for me, and one of the few products that I have hit pan on and will absolutely repurchase. In the pan and swatched, this powder looks like it does nothing. When the original Ambient Light powders were first launched, people were pretty confused about the hype surrounding them since they really don't seem to do a lot. I was one of those people, but I decided to bite the bullet and see what it was all about. While I was skeptical, I found that on the skin this product really is magical. I am quite fair with neutral-leaning-warm undertones, and Diffused Light is absolutely the right shade of this powder for my skin tone. I use this as a finishing powder after all of my other makeup is applied (my last step before setting spray) and it gives my skin a soft, glowy finish. I have a lot of issues with my skin, and while this powder isn't some miracle Snapchat filter IRL, it does absolutely make my skin look a whole heck of a lot better. The packaging is nice, and I am glad that the regular full size of the product lasted a really long time to offset the kind of high price.

on 1/25/2016 11:31:00 AM

I didn't experience the great outcome like most of you did here........i used a big powder brush with a light hand to apply all over my face to set my foundation like i always do with any powder.......but this powder feels so heavy on my skin.....and the sheen makes my face looks so old and not clear....my combination (nc30) just doesn't work well with any baked powder such as the mineralized powder form mac.....i get better result with rimmel stay matte powder.....!

on 9/17/2015 12:17:00 PM

Absolutely in love. Am planning to stock up on heaps of it in case they ever discontinue this glorious powder.

I usually use this powder with Rimmel's Match Perfection and thought the result was great, but I just purchased NARS Sheer Glow and WOWZER - my skin looks flawless with Ambient Lighting on top the Sheer Glow! So, so impressed.

My face does look a bit cakey though (this didn't happen with the Match Perfection) but I just ordered Fix+ online today, so hopefully this will get rid of the cakey look.

I don't use a primer as I find my foundation doesn't apply/stay as well - so I just moisturise my face, apply my foundation & concealer, then using a small Real Techniques brush I press this powder under and around my eyes, then with a bigger Real Techniques brush I press the powder into the rest of my face. Takes any shine or dewiness completely off, but my face doesn't look too matte - ugh! I just love it.

Ambient Lighting is pretty expensive (I think I paid $70 in Australia), but you do get a lot of product and it is worth it for the result it gives. I want to try all the other powders in the range!

LOVE LOVE LOVE - highly recommended!

This is one of my most terrifying purchases because if it didnít work, if it didnít do anything for me, I wouldíve wasted so much money on a finishing powder. It's a non-essential item. But if you're seriously looking for a product to elevate an already great make-up look, I am happy to report that it's worth getting!

I could see a difference - my pores were further blurred and I seemed to look luminous. My cheeks were glowing that I kept touching them to check if they were oily. They werenít!! They were just looking really smooth and dewy. And more importantly, someone else noticed too! A friend told me she especially liked how I looked that day but she couldn't put her finger on what was different. Also! I usually have to run my selfies through a smoothening filter but that's no longer the case with this powder. Iím ecstatic that Diffused Light does what itís supposed to do - for me at least. But if you're looking for something obvious, this might not be for you.

I wish it could be cheaper because it's pricey for a finishing powder. However, there's relatively a ton of product in a compact so it'll last a while. Considering that, it's not too bad.

on 2/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is a beautiful powder. It's very finely milled so you'll never get a powdery look, no matter how much you apply. It helps blur imperfections and lends a refined, softened look to skin.

It's a very pale yellow-tinted powder with no visible shimmer. I apply with a large duo fiber brush and buff it in softly. It also works well at toning down enthusiastic blush application.

The drawbacks: it is very expensive. It does not control oil at all as it is a finishing powder, not a setting powder.

I said I'd repurchase, but actually am undecided. I love how it makes my skin look, but it doesn't seem like an essential item for me. If you're on a budget, this is definitely a splurge rather than a staple product.

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

on 6/3/2014 6:55:00 AM

I have been looking for a product to blur out my dark circles and I found what I was looking for in Diffused Light. With a little eye brightener concealer and this powder to set, by dark circles vanished. My eyes look bright and awake. Love this stuff, definitely won't leave the house without this on!

I was stuck between this and Dim Light. I did a ton of research before I purchased this to hopefully ensure my happiness with this product. I for once actually wanted something more subtle, but yet looked like I did something to my skin. For me I'm fair NW15 about now with some redness and no acne, so my skin is in pretty good shape ATM. I liked how this said it would give the skin "clarity" minimize redness, and control shine while giving you a sunlit type glow. So it sounded pretty good to me so I pulled the trigger. Well, I must say this actually works very well! I use this as my final step in my makeup and it truly makes my skin look better. It gives it a glow that no other finishing powder has done for me.

I apply this with my MAC 187 and so far that has been excellent in enabling me to really buff it in, which is key I find. I use a very light foundation like Mufe F&B or a BB Cream only using one layer. I then do my eye mu and blush. I haven't been using setting powder as of late because my skin has been on the dry side so I use the Diffused Light to finish and gah it just makes my skin look so much better! My friend even said you look so pretty and it was only this and minimal MU. So, I can really say in my case this does give my skin more clarity and a very nice subtle glow.

There is no shimmer in this when you swatch it, it just looks like a yellowish pearl on your finger. On the face though if you buff it in it just makes your skin look fantastic in any light. I especially enjoyed that I didn't look hideous in fluorescent lighting.:) It comes in a nice sleek compact with a good size mirror. You also get 10 grams of product. I find if you use a brush that buffs the product in it doesn't kick up any powder at all for me. Is it worth the hype? I have to say yes, because it has done something to my skin that no finishing powder has ever done. It will make the light reflect off your face differently therefore giving you a softer look.

It does neutralize shine but it does not control oil or anything. I find as the day goes on and this melts into my skin the better my skin looked. My eyes looked brighter and stood out more and my light redness around my nose and chin was not noticeable. It just looked like smooth clarified skin. I tried it on my friend and it made her freckles look more soft focused. She couldn't believe how this did that. Imo it does what it says so I'm stoked! I would repurchase and want Dim Light next. I'm really enjoying this and for the Spring/Summer it's going to be excellent to have for going out. I personally will not buy the brush my 187 works fine, but I'd be a liar to say I'm not thinking about it;)
Amazing finishing powder I'm so happy to have it in my arsenal. Recommended!