Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.4

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 8/17/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Edit: I've been experimenting with his and found an even more foolproof way to apply this. I set my under eyes lightly with the RCMA no color powder and then go in with a light layer of this powder. The finish is seamless like this.

I purchased this powder a long time ago. I think I used it as an all over setting powder a few times. I don't remember if I liked it, but clearly I didn't like it enough to reach for it regularly. I was going through my stash a few days ago and rediscovered this. I can't believe this gem was hidden in my collection for so long! I've been mainly using it to set my under eye. I'm not a fan of that too-light, huge triangles drawn under eyes look that youtubers go for. I get that it brightens up the under eye, but it can look weird if you want to keep the rest of the face makeup minimal. Usually I prefer concealers that match my skintone, but I also want a slightly bright under eye without looking too cakey or powdery. Looks like I had the right product with me all along. I use my regular concealer and lightly powder this under my eyes and inner corners. It brightens up the area immediately. It doesn't look powdery at all. Just make sure you blend any concealer that settles into fine lines within the first few minutes of applying the concealer. Go in with the powder only after that. It's difficult to get rid of creasing if you set it after it's already creased. I also bring this down lightly to the tops of my cheeks from my undereye so that it's smooth and blends with the rest of my face. It gives a very nice highlighter-like glow. I've tried putting it on the center of my forehead and chin as well and it looks nice. One surprising thing I discovered playing around as that it covers the darkness around the mouth that I have naturally being a medium, olive-skinned person.

Yes, it does have a slight shimmer. But you can only see it if you're two inches away from my face. I would repurchase.

on 3/1/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing. Spun air texture that somehow disappears into the skin while imparting a very subtle blur/glow effect. I like that it doesn't add 'sheen' or a horrible chalky mica-sparkle. It just somehow perfects and makes your skin look polished and poreless, not powdery. Doesn't settle into lines or clump AT ALL. Works over foundation, or even on its own over moisturizerized skin. I LOVE this powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this in my So Choix. Nuh-uh. Not a fan. Upon swatching it, you can tell it's extremely finely milled. However, it also seems a bit chalky. After dusting it lightly over the face, I can hardly see a difference. All it does is leave a barely discernible pale yellow cast over my face. It mattifies ever so slightly, which might give off the illusion that pores look smoother, since there's less shine in that area. Anyway, the effect is just too subtle for me to be willing to dish out the wads of money this stuff costs.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder is absolutely HG stuff. I use it as an all over powder. It gives a subtle glow that looks pretty in every light. Too much can make you look a bit dry so use a light dusting! I go through a fair few of these a year- definitely definitely worth the price! Packing is pretty as with all hourglass products. Best powder i have ever used and I will continue to use it over and over again.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ive had this powder since summertime and I really do like it as an undereye setting powder or dusted all over my face as a finishing powder, it gives a nice soft look. However I feel that the price for a simple yellow tinted powder really isn't worth it. Gives a nice blurring effect but it isn't miraculous to me.

on 11/5/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Finally, a pressed powder that actually makes older skin glowy. The shade is a pale yellow neutral, but you won't look like a taxi cab. The glowy part is really nice, with no sparkles or glitter. This sets makeup and is buildable. You don't look dry, chalky, or cakey. The texture is light and gossamer. It doesn't feel sandy or gritty. The factor that steps this up to HG? The glow lasts and lasts. Ten hours later I still look luminous.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is like magic. It perfectly blurs and reflects light the way a powder should. A little goes a long way. Too much and it runs the risk of chalky. But the texture when applied in small does is gorgeous. It reflects light without obvious glitter-bomb. The color is slightly off yellow, making it suitable for a range of fair/light skinned people. It really is lovely.

on 5/23/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Diffused Light is a beautiful off-white powder, when swatched on my hand the shimmer is apparent but applied with a fluffy powder brush on my skin it appears to soften without noticeable shimmer. This is a good choice for my light NW15 skin, it is transparent and light, but doesn't appear ashy. I use it on the weekends after applying sunscreen, and at other times as a finishing powder. It's a very subtle effect and I really like it. Beautiful compact with mirror in the lid. Will repurchase.

I am 54 and have been on the quest for foundation and powder for my slightly dry and slight rosacea face with some pore enlargement. I have been at this one year now and finally found foundation (Armani Designer Lift Smoothing) that does not settle in my pores or wrinkles. Problem now was finding a setting powder that did not look caked or accentuate my wrinkles. I was using LM translucent setting powder but, it was accentuating my lines. Powder should not defeat the purpose of a lifting, glowy, moisturizing foundation.I wanted dewy finish but ,lasting all day power. Therefore, needed new setting powder. Tried Meteorites and no lasting power. I read about Hourglass Ambient powders and was surprised about the overwhelming positive reviews despite the price tag. Finally got to try the colors of Hourglass Ambient powders at Sephora, and settled on Diffused light for my complexion (light skinned latina with yellow undertones and red cheeks). It was amazing how well it blurred large pores and the redness is gone. Lasts all day without anymore than a light touch up over my nose at lunch. It really gives you beautiful skin without settling into lines with a nice glow. Controls a little oil over the nose without clinging to dry patches. I finally found a foundation setting powder combination that works for me. Really need to give this a try if you are on the fence.

on 3/19/2014 12:00:00 PM

Of all the ambient powders, diffused light is hands down my favorite. It is so finely milled and gives such a subtle refinement to the face, I feel it helps make my complexion brighter and more even. I use it after applying all my make up almost in the same areas I would apply a highlighter (which I seldom use because of my age) - just thing these are wonderful powders but I do admit they are extremely costly. Fortunately I expect mine to last quite awhile.