Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 30-35
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

3.5

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was fully prepared to hate this, and honestly hoped I would. The price on this is so high for what it is! But I absolutely love it.

I am not sure I buy into the hype about it making your skin "glow" but I do think it works well for certain things.

I have fair, cool toned skin. (NW10-15) My biggest issues are redness and dry skin. This powder has worked better for me than anything I have ever tried. The slight yellow tone neutralizes the redness in my skin very nicely. It neutralizes the pink without looking unnatural or giving me a yellow tint. It is very subtle, but I see an immediate difference after I apply it.

It is not drying. A lot of finishing powders tend to dry out my already dry skin. I think if you have oily skin or need oil control, you might need to layer this with a different powder.

I watched a youtube review, and they had said to apply it in downward strokes. This has worked very well for me, and is how I apply it.

The packaging should be better, especially at this price point. It is sort of clumsy to open.

on 1/22/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got all six shades and I will review them individually and as a whole in the main review for these powders. This shade is described as neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.This is one of my least favorites, along with Ethereal Light because I think it's too light and yellow as a setting powder and too matte for a highlight. Plus, I think it's easily dupe-able.

Video Reviews & Tutorials